New Haven, CT
Southern Connecticut State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Connecticut State University

Juliana

I love this school!! The professors are very passionate about what they teach and most love talking to students outside of class about basically anything. Beautiful campus and close to beautiful downtown New Haven! So much diversity, clubs for just about everything, and countless ways to get involved with the school.

You get less on what you pay for. Its a good starting school but transferring is the way to go. Everyone leaves on the weekends and the faculty is mostly rude and really cares about their paychecks. The food is disgusting and over price and you WILL get an attitude every time.

Samanta

I fell in love with Southern just from visiting the website ,watching virtual tours and watching YouTube videos. I got excited immediately and I just knew this is the school I want to spend the next four years of my life.The staff is really friendly the students are super friendly and easy to talk to. The food is amazing I'm a huge foodie so that was a big plus for me.

Setice

It is a great school and the students there are very respectful and they're a great help

Judaen

Southern has been an exciting experience for me. I find myself living in the library, mainly because it is my favorite location to study and relax. However, there are a variety of places on campus to study such as the Student Center and Engleman Hall. I believe my favorite place is Earl Hall. I am not a music major, but I do indulge in piano classes off campus and I am apart of my praise and worship team in my church. Earl Hall is accessible and there is always a piano in reach.

Heather

Southern is a great environment to be in whether you live on campus or off campus. The professors are great and so is the administration. I've had an overall good experience here. Professors really seem to care about students success. The campus has an overall good layout, easy to navigate.

Betzabeth

Southern truly has welcoming, passionate faculty and staff that truly care about maintaining the school in every way possible. From the gardeners who keep the campus clean and beautiful to every single dean; all of them care about representing our school to the best of their ability. Not one single professor I have come across have allowed their students to flow through their classes without really learning something and without presenting them opportunities that will enrich them. Students who come to Southern will never complain about the quality of their education, only on the slow process it may take to come here. Although, Southern does try their best to be as convenient as possible, there are many students entering the college that complain about paperwork being lost when they are going through the enrollment process. As a transfer student, I was amazed at how many of my previous theatre credits did not transfer over to accomplish the theatre requirements here. However, this is where that passion from the faculty comes in; my advisor/chair of the department sat down with me and helped me really figure out my plan for the next year while promising to allow other theatre credits from my previous school to accomplish requirements here. The only complaint is the disorganization at times but I would rather deal with that then low quality, indifferent professors which Southern does not have.

Alana

SCSU is a great place to get an education and grow as a person, but you have to make it work for you. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved, meet great people and get the most out of education, but you have to make the effort to do so. The cafeteria food used to be rather nauseating, but is now really delicious - with plenty of new, interesting options that are friendly to those who have dietary restrictions. Housing on campus is not bad, although the freshman dorms can be rather noisy. Off-campus housing is accessible and not overpriced for what you're getting. Plenty of the professors will seriously impact you positively as a person, so make sure to get the most out of your classes. I have had many professors who also teach at prestigious schools like Yale, so don't think that going to a state school will in any way lessen your education. There are plenty of clubs, club sports and intramural sports available and they're a great way to get involved and meet people with similar interests. Overall, SCSU is a really great school and it's wide diversity of students makes it a place where anyone can thrive.

Marta

It is a good state school. There are plenty of opportunities to learn and get involved.

Kyley

I love this school! I would recommend this school to everyone. There are so many fun activities and ways to get involved! Everyone here is so welcoming, it was so easy to make friends. I've had good experiences with living on campus and with my professors. Everyone here has so much pride in this school!

Southern Connecticut State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.