New Haven, CT
Southern Connecticut State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Connecticut State University

Southern Connecticut State University has been a home to me for the past 5 months and while this institution has its faults it has never failed to make me feel welcomed. The students literally jump through hoops to make your first semester as easy as possible, the support I have received from the students is outstanding. On this campus there are always activities to participate in. As long as you involve yourself there is always a way to fit it which is what I love most about this campus, you don't worry about being a social outcast because there is always someone who welcomes you.

Courtney

Southern is a beautiful campus with awesome staff. I haven't been too disappointed so far, just when it comes to the food. The housing is good, I live in a single and I love it. It's the perfect little cozy space where I can work hard and be successful.

Victoria

Overall my opinion of SCSU is a good one. I can see how others might not like it because of their lack of involvement. As a result, it is especially important to get involved whether it be by playing a club sport, joining greek life, an academic club, or an art club. It really enriches one's​ experience at a school, especially SCSU.

My overall opinion of Southern Connecticut State University is that I am glad that I had picked this school. This school is so diverse and always has activities happening that anybody can join. Everyone at school is kind to everyone and very open. The professors are always concerned about their students and push them to their very best.

From my visits to the campus, I've received a good impression of this college. The counselors, teachers, and other staff members are very helpful as well. I am excited to be a transfer to this college next year. I can't wait!

Jamie
SCSU: Don't Count Us Out!

SCSU: Don't Count Us Out!

Southern wasn't my first choice (as well as wasn't for many of our students) but, I'm confident in saying how much I love it here! It's affordable, fun, and intellectual; the people are amazing and so is the experience of simply being an SCSU Owl.

Michelle

If I were to able to go back my senior year in high school, I would change a lot. What I would do is take la public speaking class, and join a lot more clubs or organizations. The reason why I would want to have taken a public speaking class becasue this semester I had to present some projects in front of a class and I started to gain this bad anxiety, thats what I truly wish I could of changed. Iw ish I was smart enough to have been part of many clubs or organizations back in my senior year, so I gain some experience and use that experience in college.

The best thing I consider about my school is the enviornment, because it's all new to me and thier are many people around and I like it. Plus its's really diverse and that's what I like the most becuase back in my high school it wasn't really diverse.

Well, their isn't anything bad about my school. The thing I consider to be worse, it's not only my school its any college campus. I how their's app called yik yak and its like a twitter but the college students can post anything anonomysly and I always check and their is always something negative a person is saying about another or jus tin general.

My classmates are very optimistic but then again they're pessimistic at the same time ; most of them just want to give up on school already, and wait until the nest semester to start up again,or even take a year off of school and go travel.

I wish I had known that, the transition from living with your parents to living on your own would be more easier but it wasn't for a while. Only because you are so used to your parents doing everything for you, that you don't know what you need to do, when on your own. Also , on the variety of food choices that we have on campus; most of the food is pretty nasty, and are basically the same thing every single day.

Marissa

Enjoy every moment in high school because going to college is one of the most stressful, foreign experiences ever. Do not wait to complete the college application process because you will regret it. Do not spend any time trying to do your hair or dress up nicely for other people, only do it for yourself. Don't be lazy and wait to do your work; do your work as soon as you receive it. Get to know your guidance officers because they are the people who are going to get you the most money for your work. Don't worry about trying to fit in; do you boo boo. Read the books in school, even if you don't want to because you'll have to do a lot of that in college. Learn how to repeat yourself in about 1,000 different ways.

Southern Connecticut State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.