New Haven, CT
Southern Connecticut State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Connecticut State University

Chester

Southern Connecticut State University, is an interactive and diverse school.

Southern Connecticut State University, is an interactive and diverse school.

When I arrive at the time of my senior year in high school, there would be many tips and ideas I would tell and warn myself about. I would tell myself to practice time management. Informing myself to make time for shcool work which would be my number-one priority. I would want to convince myself to get involved in the community and be ready to expand my knowlege far beyond what high school could ever do for me. I would tell myself that I finally made it to college, which was my goal since junior high, and not to stress so hard about it. I would tell myself that I am able to do anything, as long as I beleive that I can do it. I would warn myself about the other side of college in which it would be some of the best times of my life; to not being afraid to explore new things. I would most certainly warn myself that, I will only get out, what I put in for my education. I would tell myself that there's always a way and to never think about giving up again.

The kind of people that should attend this university would be anyone actually. If you're local, or out of state any one should attend if they're looking to further their education. Becoming a college student, I've learned that there are all kinds of people and feel as if there is not a certain kind of person that is ideal for this school or any school in fact. I feel as if anyone should attend this school if they have the determination and confidence in themselves to attend.

Sangely

Dear Younger Me, Around this time you should be just graduating from high school and excited about all the opportunities that will open themselves to you. Please don't just brush them aside. Take advantage of every little thing that comes your way. Concentrate on working harder in your studies, there's always time for going out and partying later. Remember to focus on your goals and don't allow yourself to get continuously side-tracked by guys. The good ones will understand that you have priorities and will still be around, the bad ones will leave as soon as they see they aren't a priority. Make time for family in the midst of your schedule, they will keep you grounded. Make friends with people with common interests and goals. They are the ones who will help keep you on track and their experiences will help you gain insight into your future as a teacher. Always love and stay true to yourself and your beliefs/values. Sincerely, Wiser You P.S. Always say yes to second chances. You never know when you might need one yourself in dealing with school, your friends, family, career, love and life in general.

Dawn

The student population is about half and half with commuters and on campus housing students. The variety allowed for different groups of friends and study groups.

Allow more time for making friends and joining study groups/clubs. Widen your horizons and allow more time to socialize with people who have similar interestes; you can learn more about the things that are important to you.

parking for commuter students or students visiting is not as plentiful as it could be. Some parking lots are further away than you would normally like to walk to a class, especially in the winter months.

Gentiana

I would tell myself to just be myself. Do not worry about others and what they are doing. It is not as important as you finding out who you are yourself and oursuing what you want to. I would tell myself to focus more on school and not as much as what other people are thinking about me, because it is true what everyone says, you will never see these people again. It is true, I am 21 years old and I never see the people that I went to high school with. What is the point in trying to impress them? Why give up time and do things that deep down I know are wrong to impress these people. I would tell myself to think about it. They would not do the same for me, I am sure. So focus on education and be the best that you can be. In the future, it will all work out.

It is big, and a very beautiful school. The professors are wonderful and very knowledgeable.

Krystal

Southern Connecticut State University is an awesome school with alot of help as to becoming successsful.

I would try to do even better in school and get more involved in extra currricular activities. I would also apply to different schools outside of Connecticut so i could have a better college experience. I would also have more experience with applying for schools and knowing what mistakes not to make. Also i wouldn't get to caught up in partying as much because i learned that it really was detrimental to my school work.

The worst thing about Southern is the financial aid office. It is very disorganized and incoming and current students must stay on top of things to ensure that you get the money you deserve.

Blythe

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior and give them advice on the transition, I think one very small bit of advice that would be very, very valuable to me would be that college is what you make of it. With the current state of the national debt and the rise of unemployment, everyone hears horror stories about people graduating from college and being up to their eyes in debt before they even get their first job. It's a very scary thing to think about and it made me wonder why people go to an institution for higher education when they know they're going to be in a less than fabulous financial state when they graduate. However, if you study, do the hard work while you're in school, get a study group and a tutor, and get out there and get involved, everything will fall into place. Talk to your professors - tell them what you want to do and where you want to be, and tell them to push you to your limit and then shove you beyond that. Make friends, meet new people, ask questions and never, ever give up.

Ascheley

Southern Connecticut State University is mainly know for their school of Education and their nursing program. Southern is an amazing and well-rounded school. Southern's staff members are experienced and easily accessible. Overall, no matter what major you choose to pursue at Southern, you will recieve a GREAT quality education.

As a high school senior, I had many positive influences around me. As a result, I was pre-warned of many issues college freshmen’s face. Issues such as: time management, failing academically, and the importance of staying above the influence/surrounding myself with the right people. However, of those three topics I would heavily stress the importance of staying above the influence and surrounding myself with those who value their education. As an on-campus resident, I have visually experienced people doing drugs and other things detrimental to one’s health. Unlike high school, drugs aren’t hidden in college; it is publicized and many people do it. However, I have learned that staying above the influence and remain true to one’s self is very important because drugs can completely destroy everything you worked hard for. With that said, I would advise myself to constantly remember my struggles and the main reason I attend school. College friendships are rewarding but are not essential. If a person is changing you for the worse than that individual is not your friend. Lastly, I would tell myself that it is my responsibility to care/make sacrifices for my education.

As a former student/on-campus resident, I mainly cherish Southern's on-campus student activties. During the week, it is hard to remain anything but busy. There is always something going on and the Southern community is welcoming to those who are unfamiliar to it. In just a year, I have experienced a variety of new thing. For example, I've tried new food like fried dough at student apprecation day, and I've gone to domestic violence panels, which is a topic of my intrest. Furthermore, I believe that Southern's on-campus activities are its main attraction.

jordanne

Classmates are intrested and dedicated to their education.

Classmates are intrested and dedicated to their education.

Stay focused and study hard, trust me it makes a difference. Try to make up your mind in what you really want to do so you can better be prepared for what you want to do in the future.

This is a great school communtiy with friendly staff and students. It is a school for students who are intrested in liberal education and making the best out of the opportunites given to them.

Carli

Southern could be a good school if they had better advisors for students, educators, and services.

I am optimistic in nature and do not believe in living with regrets, however, the decisions I had made about college my senior year is something I still think about often. College is life altering and where you go to school and the education you will recieve at that institution is one of the most important things you come across in life. You must go visit campus's, take tours, and read about different colleges. The knowledge that I have inquired in the last few months about life is the most important message I will convey. Things don't just fall in to place with no effort, you must take the inniative and work hard if you want something. You must strive to succeed in college because it affects every aspect of your life from jobs you will be offered to meeting friends that may last forever. If I had known any of this two years ago, my life would be different and not as stressful. I will continue to share my mistakes with people in the process of applying to college to stress the vitality of how one choice can change your life.

The library is a good place to go to get work done. It is usually quiet and there are a lot of resources.

Karli

Don't ever doubt yourself. You are exceptional and you will do great things. Enjoy college life, and enjoy the time spent learning in the classroom.

I think this school is great for commuter students. It is very commuter friendly, and the professors are great.

There really wasn't anything that was particularly frustrating.

Southern Connecticut State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.