Central, SC
Southern Wesleyan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southern Wesleyan University

Briana

Before coming to this school i was acually at a community college back in New York, my home state. Me ending up here is quiet a long story and i have learned much about myself that i can honestly say i didnt know prior to coming to this campus. I never thought that i would ever even go away to school because my financial situation isn't a good one. I thank God that i was given some money to come to this school and play softball, but next year i really want to focus on my studies so i have to find money elsewhere. I have met so many poeple here that i have changed my life for the better and i feel much support from my peers and from my Professors. I also met my boyfriend here and am i just so grateful that i was blessed with the opportunity to come to this college, even though i miss my family each and every day knowing how far i am from them. With that being said it has shown me that i can survive on my own and be an independent individual.

I best thing about Southern Wesleyan University is that the campus is small and not only can you get to really know and work with your professors, but you get the chances to know a lot more people on campus in a more personal way than you could on a bigger campus.

This campus is a Christian campus and i feel that a person with values and a person who is close with God and someone who is ready to take a closer look at themselves and what they want in life besides just a degree in whatever suject is appealing. This school has a good education program that is based on Christian outlooks.

Amber

I would tell students to take the work seriously. In today's society college is a prerequisite to life and the things you learn there are essential to your value in the job market. It's easy to goof-off in high school and ignore the privilege of an education, but college is hard work, requires focus and definite prioritizing. College provides a training ground for meeting intense deadlines, cultivating the art of reading and comprehension and critical thinking. You also have the chance to expand your world by meeting people from many different places, with many different world views and ideas. These are valuable skills. Take advantage of your opportunity!

The worst thing about my school for me is the location. Not many students live in the rural area of Central and a significant percentage of students commute. The average driving time for commuters is 30-60 minutes. Another negative in my opinion (although many students disagree) is the quality of the website. Not only is the site difficult to navigate and often down, many assignments are only accessible from the site and the additional worry of checking for assignments given out of class is unnecessary.

I don't think there is any kind of person who shouldn't attend Southern Wesleyan. However, students should be aware of the spiritual/faith emphasis of the school's policies and atmosphere. The school particularly caters to those struggling with their studies or those needing additional attention due to limited disabilities or emotional needs. Free counseling services are provided for all students, faculty and staff, and the teachers are incredible personable and caring.

Adam

The classroom at my school is like the typical high school classroom in regards to size and atmosphere.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior there are many things I would change. I would advise myself to not skip class, and to be more attentive of my grades while in high school. I would also advise myself to not focus my decisions on how it would affect the time I had to spend with my friends, but the time I had to study.

I like that my school limits the size of classes so that each student can have personal time with the instructor.

Dear High School Senior Me, RELAX. You worked so hard to keep up all your grades in High School and that was the smartest thing you ever did. While most of your friends decided to slacked off their last year, you kept chugging along and what did that get you? Automatic acception to your number 1 school! Oh Yeah! And just wait until you get here and experience the freedom and fun of college! You will meet some of the best friends you will ever have and learn so much about yourself that you never knew. Now don't think that just because your done with High School means that college will be all fun and games, cause it won't. But you were the smart one who took all the right Advanced Placement and college-prep classes, so you are more than prepared for the next 4 years of your life. So keep up the good work this last year! Peace Out! College Freshman Me P.S. - don't tell anyone, but you get the highest grade in Biology your first semester in college!!! :-)

For someone who is not of the Wesleyan religion, like me, the required Chapels aren't that exciting. We are required to attend at least 24 of the 48 chapels that are offered each semester. For the most part, they sing a few songs (which if song by the Difference band are pretty good) and then have a speaker, usually a faculty member or the pastor. This tends to be nap time for more than a few students.

No matter your major, every student is required to take certain religion courses. I am a Pre-Med major and have to take New Testament, Old Testament Survey, and because of I am in the Honors program, one of these has to be a course for religion majors. Its frustrating because I could be taking courses that would help with my major instead of these other religion classes. It's especially frustrating because I'm not Christian!

Jamie

I would tell myself to take it more seriously, get up and get to class. Your teachers are there to help you so ask if you have a question. I would tell myself not to drop that French class just because it was early because it would have came in handy. Remeber to schedule your classes close together, not all the way across campus, running in the rain or snow is not fun. Most importantly I would tell myself to have fun, do what your gut tells you, because turns out, it was right on the money.

Ross

It is a small, private college with about fifteen to twenty students per teacher.

The atmosphere of christian values is well respected and any behavior unbecoming of a christian is dealt with diplomatically.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, i would tell myself three crucial points. One is to be prepared for every class by reading ahead of time. Second, always make a checklist of what you need to do each day as well as when packing to leave for college. Finally, to be myself always and try to make new friends.

Karen

Southern Weselyan is diversified by offering an AGS program in several cities and i am a current AGS student.

If I had the opportunity to go back to my senior year and talk to myself, (if I would even listen), but I would tell myself not to be afraid of college. Go ahead and go to college, do not wait until adulthood. College is much easier and there are more opportunities available for the younger generation attending college. Take advantage of financial aid, apply for scholarships, not to be afraid to ask for help along the way and most important, take it seriously because this is your future. Go for it and enjoy the ride but make it count.

Only the person who wants to learn.

Cliffton

In terms of any new advice, I don't think I have any to give myself. If any, it would be what I always try to tell myself is to not to give up and to remain humble.

I think the best thing about Southern Wesleyan is the interaction with my professors. With that, it seems that the professors want to really know you and not just some random student that they don't care about.

I don't think there is anything I wish I could have known because I got what I expected.

Christopher

A Christian University where the love of Christ is displayed.

A Christian University where the love of Christ is displayed.

To find the right college, parents and students need to look at the Universtiy and the surrondings. Y ou as a parent and as a Student will be able to tell what kind of College is right for you by a feeling. The best way to know is to pray!

Colter

Quality teachers who take interest in each individual student, and really care about your learning and life outside of class.

Strong in love and friendship.

Relax and take it slowly. Life is life wherever you go.

Southern Wesleyan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.