Southwest Minnesota State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Southwest Minnesota State University

SMSU is a great place to be! The professors are always here to help, and they know you as a person not a number. We have lots of services on campus to help you prepare for life after college and adjust to life on campus. There are many amazing clubs to join and things to do as well.

I feel really happy with the education I am getting at SMSU. SMSU costs a reasonable amount (around $8,000 a semester) and you definitely get your money's worth at SMSU. The class sizes are small (about 20 students) so you really get to know your classes. Also, your professors care about getting to know you as well. They have always been very friendly when I come to them for help. Also, even though the college is small there are many different clubs or opportunities for students to get involved. SMSU is also well-known for their outstanding education program. I would definitely recommend SMSU to education majors. Overall, SMSU has a very safe and friendly campus where you get a great education.

stanze

The campus is just small enough you won't get lost and just big enough to meet new people every week. Classes are small and intimate, you get to know your classmates and prof really well. Dorm life is good because there is truly a community and tuns of things people do together. Different groups and people will host events and activities each week, there are also many many clubs you can join.

Jocelyn

I believe that there is a wonderful atmosphere on the SMSU campus. The Faculty seems to genuinely care for the students and their success. Marshall doesn't always have a lot to do but there is almost always something going on on campus. There are lots of clubs and organizations to be a part of on campus.

Tehra

I love it here. !!! Small campus and easy to get around. Love the tunnel system where once you get indoors you don't have to go back outside when walking to next class. Professors know you by name and when they see you out in public they say hi. You aren't just number at Southwest Minnesota State University your professors know you by name.

I really love SMSU! This was my first tour of colleges before I started and I fell in love with it the second I stepped on the grounds and I didn't even go to my other college options. Everyone there is so nice and the professors truly care about our education. I highly recommend this college.

Antonio

I think it’s a great school to attend. The class sizes are not big and the Professors always have office hours. I don’t party but to get an education it’s a wonderful place. The weather is beautiful in the spring but however the snow becomes depressing but it’s Minnesota so what do you expect. There slots of clubs and organizations to get involved in on the campus and many chances to make a difference

Amber

Excellent. I love Southwest Minnesota State University the professors and staff are a family with students and provide many resources to help students thrive and achieve their goals. Southwest in my home and I highly recommend students to check out Southwest it is "Where you Belong".

Abbie

I think southwest is a great place to go when you want a small college with small class rooms. Our dorms are fantastic as is the res life. Everyone is always here to help the students whenever they need it. There are always resident assistants there to help the residents whenever they need something. The college food is exceptional. There are a variety of options to pick from and the professors are always available to help you 24/7

brett

It's a very homey and beautiful university. Full of helpful people wanting to see you better yourself while striving to succeed at the same time. The faculty working at the college challenge you to challenge yourself, and to better your education. They want you to get everything you can out of college while you are attending.

Kate

This school is a very welcoming facility to everyone that comes into the building. We notice smiles on everyone's face and as long as I was attending there for the day, no one had a frown on their face. The faculty was very helpful and was around whenever we needed them. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants to feel welcome and enjoy their visit. Great place to be!

Holly

They are a very sports focused college. They are in a very distant part on Minnesota that doesn't have any major town by it. They are kind of in the middle of no where. They have fairly good academic program. The facilities are fairly up-to-date. The dorms were relatively roomy, very industrial looking. The food was good, and you had a variety of options.

Tayte

I found this university to be very helpful to me as a Freshman. When I had questions, someone was always available to answer them or get me to the person who could. The other students no matter what year they were in always greeted and helped me as a new student.

Dinara

I think this school is a great option for students who want a small college. It has several activities scheduled per week and there are always club members around to encourage you to go. The staff are all friendly and want to get to know you. Since it is a small school, fellow students will notice if you're in class or not, or if you're late. This makes you have a higher ambition to always be on time and not miss classes.