Stony Brook University

« See more reviews of Stony Brook University

They're usually shy, keeping to themselves, but not because they are uninterested in forming new relationships but because it can be daunting to be the first one to introduce themselves--once you get them started however, they can be some of the most charming and interesting people you meet.

The students at Stony Brook are very diverse, partly because it is a large school and partly because there are a lot of students from one of the most diverse cities on the planet, NYC. There are countless clubs, greek organizations, societies, etc to accommodate to any type of student.

very diverse and wudnt trade that for the world. lots of city slickers. hence they go home on wknds. kids from all financial spectra come here. which is reassuring. we have some of the most aware and intellecutally badass students at stony. harvard bring it.

My classes included 200 or more students, but based on the test curves a lot of people seemed smarter than me. On the other hand I met, sat, and studied with people who were also struggling with the material, like me. It let me know I was not alone.

Motivated, but friendly. A large portion of the campus population is Asian, and some do keep to themselves, but making friends is overall easy. Everyone here who I encountered was intelligent and worthy of being in an upper-level college course.

I am blessed that Stony Brook is such a diverse campus! We have people from nearly every corner of the globe, practicing every relgion, speaking every langugage, etc! This has allowed for an incredibly enriching college experience.

Classmates as a group are diverse all around. Classmates as people usually keep to themselves unless they find common ground with other students (interests, same difficulties in the subject, live in the same area, etc.)

There are many different types of people at my school- people from all over the world. Though some people tend to stick with a certain group, most people are very friendly and open to eachother.

My classmates are dedicated to academic success and to setting the competitive bar extremely high; however, they often lose sight of the importance of enjoying and experiencing life.

Join something as soon as you can, the school can really be alot of fun, you just have to be an active role, because its really fun if you go out and make the friends