Stony Brook University

« See more reviews of Stony Brook University

Not at all. Stony Brook has over 200 clubs so you can always find one, and if not, you have the ability to create a new one yourself! Also, there are multiple intramural sports and actual teams that students can participate in. The idea that everyone goes home on weekends is false because I certainly don't. There are things to do every single day of the week, all students have to do is look. Put a little effort into it! Resident assistants work hard to maintain their bulletin boards and keep it current with the latest events, take a look! Also, every building has flyers up for symposiums, talks by world famous individuals, and a plethora of other things. Those who say there's never anything to do need to leave their rooms and actually grasp what Stony Brook has to offer. There's plenty out there. You just have to be willing to see it. As for the majors, we offer tons of them! Not everyone is a science research but most people do take the opportunity to do research in the field they are in, whatever it is.

About SBU - Sometimes accurate, I wish there was more stuff to do on campus, especially on the weekends. But at least they have the busses that take us to Wal-Mart and the mall on the weekends. They should have busses take us to other places too... About the students - I don;t think that's necessarily true, but then again, all the people I hang out with are open minded. However, I have noticed that some students are unfriendly in classes when I try to make conversation with them, but that may be because they don't want to be in the class lolz

At times you will feel like they?re accurate, but really it?s just based on people?s attempts to blame a group that only makes up 17% of the people in the school anyway. They?re just finding excuses for themselves when they just can?t get settled or do well in a class. I think that the people who bring Stony Brook down in that way also hold some responsibility for the lack of recognition that the school may get. If Stony Brook were located somewhere else, you would probably have more people from all over the country applying.

Although weekends might seem dead at times, its really up to the student to make it worth it. Stony Brook does offer a range of activities over the weekends, when students do say they do nothing, its really because they stay in their room and are too lazy to go to the activities available. Also our weekends usually start on Thursday nights, instead of the usual Fridays at other Universities.

- The campus is not as bas as people say. Its started to look better over the years. - Granted on the weekends people go home. However during the week the campus is full of life with plenty of parties and events. There are also alot of people around on

Yes. Stony Brook is an excellent school, but I strongly advise that if you have half a brain and are NOT from Long Island, that you live off campus. Long Islanders, for the most part, are really awful people. It's every man for himself out here.

It's just as true of our school as there is of any school. I haven't seen or heard more or less than the average of any other school. I think it just came about because of the name of our school.

Yes, actually. Sometimes I wonder if some of the people living in my building can speak one word of English. No one stays on the weekends as far as I know.

For the most part, yes. But the school isn't filled with minorities. But filled with smart people.

Stereotypes are never accurate, this is why they are called stereotypes.