Texas Southmost College

« See more reviews of Texas Southmost College

While your senior is filled with enticing distractions and situational goals I ask that you STOP! STOP what you are not doing! Slow down and take close and careful observation of your true possibilities. You are about to go through some massive transitions! Not just as it relates to the obvious, your post-secondary education, but life in general. I offer you the following advice… I ask that you challenge your fears; the outcomes will result in amazing surprises. Don’t dwarf your dream simply because you lack experience, company or support. I ask that you conquer your doubts; no – not alone but with those resources that exist. The resources are not a coincidence – those that have gone before you and have a proactive approach to ensuring progress have made those resources available. You will have your opportunity to give back if and only if you take and make use of what is provided to you. If you fail to conquer your doubts you will never truly reach your full potential and perhaps even worse - live a life of regret. Finally, I ask that you intelligently predict the future. Skillfully, realistically and open –mindedly determine how much you will accomplish.

First of all, it is never too early to start thinking about your future. I believe a student should begin searching for scholarships by their sophomore or junior year of high school. A student can register online with different scholarship websites to get notice about which scholarships are available to them and which ones they quilify for. Speaking from experience, I registered with Scholarshipexperts.com and Fastweb.com. A student can also take an occupational survey or career test to see which job they are interested in having in the future. Based on the results of the survey, a student can search for different colleges or universities that have a program that best fits the students needs. Always complete a rough draft of the scholarship applications submitted because one error could refrain you from being selected. Make sure the student chooses the right school based on what he or she wants not what someone else wants for them. The student will probably not receive every scholarship that they apply for, but they should not give up and should still keep applying. For example, I applied for about fifty and received only two. Good luck!

I am proud to be the first member of my family, and as an immigrant from Mexico City, to enroll in college. I have gone on to encourage others to enroll in college who have my similar background, including my sisters from Mexico. I believe that through my example and Latin American heritage, I can teach my children and those around me that although the path to college may be difficult, it is not impossible. Better quality of life when you have college degree education. You make the difference in your family and friends, that in the end of the day will be imitate your path of education. It really matters education to be successful in the market, with education background you are more allow getting better position in organizations. Unfortunately, organizations looking candidates with good educational background, working experience, skills and the key to have all this accomplish is the education. Depends in some cases when student needs to paid from the pocket of their parents need to made an effort to cover the expenses to help their son/daughter to received an college degree that in the future help them to accomplish their goal in the life.

My advice to myself during my high school senior year is to be more involved with the community. Despite getting good grades and concentrating on the academic portion of the school demands, helping the community improve creates more satisfaction and opens doors to scholarships and humanity programs that truly matter. Learning the theories about core classes like science and mathematics is only useful if it is put to use. Being more involved in the local sea turtle conservation projects, beach clean ups, helping others, discover self-giving now and you will be more satisfied with yourself. Seniors like to party, but my advice is to party less and help out more. I would also tell myself not to complain so much about the amount of homework the teachers give. High school homework does not compare to the hundreds of pages we now have to read in nursing school. Be more open minded, more accepting toward others and know that sharing similar music preferences is not the only thing that makes awesome friendships. Most importantly don’t give so many problems to your parents, they may sound crazy but in the end you will see they are very wise.

Along with the great achievement of graduation comes a great transition into adulthood. This transition brings with it liberty and total free will. If I could go back and give my high school version of myself any advice I would tell myself to follow my instincts. I would encourage my high school self to not second guess myself and continue to focus on my education and career. Another bit of advice I would give myself would be to take full advantage of the many clubs and student activities available on campus. I would also advice my high school self to take advantage of the summer sessions and take as many classes as I can maintain each semester. This would help me graduate sooner and begin my graduate studies sooner. It?s a huge chapter in my life, a very important stepping stone into adulthood. College becomes a home away from home and getting well acquainted with the campus and faculty could facilitate the high school to college transition. Knowing what I know now could have helped me make less mistakes and take full advantage of the resources at hand, but understanding life has always been done best by making mistakes.

I would have better prepare for the challenges ahead. Also, i would take every course seriously without levity because everything been thought at High School reflects again in college but in an advanced way. The greatest advice I will give to myself is never to memorize just to pass the course(s) but to read, understand and assimilate every topic or course before committing it to memory, because, understanding a course will definitely have a lasting impression in someone's memory. Moreover, I would be a more studious student because of the challenges ahead and take serious of every advice given by the teachers, counselors and principal because they have been there before. Furthermore, I would take a dual enrollments in order to garner some college's credits while still in high school, because it prepares someone for the challenges ahead and ultimately, it makes the academic route in college more faster and to be ahead of my peers who fail to enroll for dual enrollments In high school. Lastly, paying the price will be my watchword. I will make sure I commit to my studies at the expense of pleasure because it pays at the end.

Having spent seven years in the Army, I would have told myself that joining the military was an honorable thing to do and that I should still join and serve my time. I would, however, emphasize the important benefits of actively perusing an education while on active duty. The benefits include the development into a well-rounded and disciplined individual who would be more capable of making educated decisions. Education will also open numerous opportunities that will lead to greater financial success. Completing a degree will also make you a much more marketable and competitive individual in the job market. Furthermore, the idea of college may seem like a big transition or even a scary thought, but I assure you that it is not as bad as it seems. College is designed to prepare us for a successful future. By simply applying yourself, you will find that you will be very successful with college and in every aspect of life. College is a minor stepping stone that will allow you to maximize what the future has to offer. Relax, apply yourself, and take that step towards expanding your opportunities and success in life!

I f I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to my high school self, this is what I would say. "Life is amazing. There is no reason to assume that it isn't and there is definitely no reason for any discouragement. The future is bright and full of wonderful opportunities, so long as you seek them out. These future opportunities will be greatly enhanced as you are dilligent in your future college education. Work hard in school and your dreams will become a reality. As you know, there are many negative aspects of life all around and there are difficulties that will come. These should never cloud your mind or stop you from seeing the wonderful positive things you will be a part of. More importantly, these negative aspects of life should never stop you from realizing your full potential. Look at the negativity as an opportunity for learning and growth. You have the capacity to do anything you want. Work toward your dreams and do everything in your power to accomplish them. In particular, work hard in school, get the training you need and be successful! Keep moving forward; you will reach your goals!"

I have received the knowledge and training in my chosen field which is radiologic technology. This particular field is growing rapidly and the program at the University of Texas - Brownsville is considered to be one of the best in the entire state of Texas. When I researched careers back in 2006 before I went back to school, I found that the medical field was rapidly expanding. The future looks bright for this field, and I wanted to get information about the Radiologic Technology program. I called the secretary of the department, and she was very helpful. She answered all of my questions and set up an appointment with the program chairman. I missed the deadline to enroll, but they decided to accept me due to my high grades and dedication. Mt college experience was unforgetable and I learned so much in those 2 years. I met friends that are kind and thoughtful, and my study habits dramatically improved. It has been valuable to attend UT-B because my program is one of the best and it's reputation preceeds itself. When an employer interviews a graduate from UT-B they know that this graduate is ready to excel at work.

gggg If you are a guy, chances are you have or have had a taper fade haircut at least once in your life. These popular men’s haircuts are performed with the use of electric hair clippers, and they are among the most requested types of men’s haircuts in salons and barber shops the world over. A taper fade haircut is essentially a haircut in which the length of the hair either decreases or increases gradually, generally featuring longer hair on top that gradually tapers and fades to much shorter hair along the neck line and above the ears. While taper fade haircuts can be achieved at home by using virtually any electric hair clippers (most of which come with attachment guides to easily control the length in which you cut your hair), the fact of the matter is that taper fade haircuts have become something of an art form in many communities, and a trained hairstylist or barber can often provide cleaner lines and a far more polished, professional and put together overall look than most people can achieve on their own. Taper fade haircuts are among the most popular haircuts for men for a number of reasons,