Duluth, MN
The College of Saint Scholastica

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The College of Saint Scholastica

Sophie-Dee

Stay focused and do not let yourself become unmotivated! Laziness is your enemy and skipping classes affects your grades immensely.

How amazing my teachers are! And how wonderful the system is when you need help in a class.

How expensive room and board is.

holly

I would explain the overwhelming possibilities, and that they are exactly that, endless possibilties. Having the freedom to choose what you want to do is a beauiful thing, along with the satisfaction you can feel with youself while making yourself a beter person is priceless. The freedoms of adulthood can bring many unexpected life turning events, and as a high school senior right now, now is the time to get school out of the way. This way financial security is first and foremost in creating a secure future for yourself, your dreams, and possible family. As a young person, you have the resiliency to maintain an academic lifestyle plus a possible social life. The older you get and the longer its been since you've taken classes, the harder it gets to juggle family, finances, and all of your assignments. College life is great, like I said, the possibilites are endless. So getting an education as soon as you can is great, because you will always have the freedom to go back to school if you have other interests in other careers, but at least if you do, it will be by choice and not because you have to.

Jon

GPA really isn't that big of a deal, however, get good study habits in order. It is really hard the first semester when you don't have good study habits, you can get behind and evertything starts to snowball.

The campus is situated at the top of the hill with a massive castle structure at the very center. It is smaller than many schools but provides a great "community" feeling that is hard to find. Teachers are personable and are great to work with.

Someone looking for a big school with large classes should probably not look here. Classes are generally small, and it is a very small campus area.

Paulina

I would tell myself to be more dilligent about scholarship applications. I would also tell myself to contact the admissions officers at the school I intend to transfer to for fall 2012. I would advise myself to write short essays / paragraphs about my educational and career goals, and community service, to make applying for scholarships easier and more efficient. I would also tell myself ot make lists of scholarships and deadlines so that I can apply to everything I am elligible for and hopefully end up with no student loans.

Kelly

Career-focused, driven, friendly.

Career-focused, driven, friendly.

I would remind myself to enjoy each day and to look for the opportunity each situation provides. I would remind myself to not back away from chances to expand my horizons, even if and especially if they are outside of my comfort zones. I would advise that the friendships formed during this time can be lifelong friendships- explore those opportunities! I would encourage pride in all work that is done, not dreading the assignment, but looking for the benefit of knowledge gained. Most importantly, I would strongly encourage not procrastinating! Plan ahead while still allowing for spontaneity.

I wish I would have known the amount of papers I would need to write to complete my degree.

Allison

I absolutely loved my time at St. Scholastica...the teachers cared, the classes were relevant, and there were plenty of extracurricular activites to be a part of.

St. Scholastica had the one on one attention I was looking for, my major, and the opportunity for me to be involved in athletics.

Kevin

Younger Me (YM): Future Me? Present Me (PM): Yes. Time is limited. Ask wisely… YM: What should I know about college?PM: You’re headed into a community college; people are much older than you. Get serious to earn respect. As a diverse college, you should listen to people with an open mind to understand their point of view; never judge. Lastly, read 15-20 books this summer. YM: What should I do once I’m there? PM: Start thinking about transfer. Besides managing time and academics, attend a broad range of club meetings. You’ll find passionate individuals who will inspire you. YM: And support? PM: Utilize professors’ office hours. Locate the transfer office and introduce yourself to program director. Seek out the Honors Program director Dr. Koh and PTK Honor Society adviser Dr. Vasileiou. Illustrate your passion for education and transfer; they’ll do the rest. YM: How about courses? PM: A competent transfer candidate should undertake 7 Honors courses minimum. A rigorous education is a good education. YM: Your best advice? PM: Seek out and listen to advice from those who’ve graduated already, ask them what they would do differently, and ACT on what you learn.

Julie

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about what I know now about college life and making the transition. I would truly not give myself any advice. I wouldn't give myself any advice because the mistakes that I have made over the past few in college have helped me grow into a stronger person and student. If i would have never made the mistakes I did in the past few years in college, I don't think I would be as prepared for the professional world. I feel that I have grown and learned enough through my mistakes that it will help me be the best teacher possible. In which my future students deserve 100%!

The thing that I consider the worst thing about the college is the way the students treat alcohol. There seems to be a lot of drinking since we are a wet campus.

The thing that I brag about most about my school is the sense of community and the friendliness of the campus. Everyone on the campus seems to have a sense of belonging at the school. It is amazing!

Aurelia

From my short period at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Portland, I have learned a lot. My old habits are changing to more positive and beneficial ones. In the past, I wouldn't ever speak for myself or try to keep contact with a lot of people I meet throughout the years. Here, people are very friendly and are always encouraging me to do what is best for myself and my future. They make an effort to include me in what is going on currently and I enjoy every minute of it. I love my school.

Erica

A great private school focused on academics, plus allowing lots of participation in clubs, on-campus jobs, and atheltics.

College has taught me so much and broadened my horizons. My hometown is very small, so college has exposed me to so many new ideas and people. It has been so valuable to attend college for me. I know it is all worth when I can tell my intellence is immensly increased compared to high school classmates who have not attended college. I can never imagine where I would be if I hadn't chose to attend college and want to make a good life for myself.

The College of Saint Scholastica administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.