The College of Saint Scholastica Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The College of Saint Scholastica

Deanna

The College of Saint Scholastica is an amazing college! As a non-traditional student that takes classes off campus, the college does things to make sure I know what is going on. There are emails often and my adviser Renee keeps in touch to make sure things are going well in my program. I am thankful for the opportunity to obtain my masters degree in a convenient location. I have classes every Thursday night in Hibbing, MN. The instructors are wonderful and really listen to our feedback and tailor the class to our needs. If they do not have an answer, they get answers usually within 24 hours. I am looking forward to the next 12 months of classes and finishing up my degree. My future is bright and I have St. Scholastica and the awesome staff to thank.

Alicia

This college so far has helped me grow so much in the short time that I have been here. Everyone is so outgoing and helpful and so are the teachers as well. Everyone gets to know each other as this is a smaller school but it feels more like home. I love it here!

CSS is an overall great school. Everyone is very welcoming and the campus is gorgeous. The academics are impressive and the professors are always available and want to help you. It has its downfalls, like not have a really extensive list of extracurricular activities or fantastic food in the dining hall, but it is a smaller school, so that is to be expected. Overall, CSS is a fantastic community to be a part of.

Elise

I really like this college because it is very inclusive and there are many opportunities to get involved whether it be with a club, sport, or event. Class sizes are a huge plus considering that my largest non-lecture class is about 30 students. This was similar to the size of my high school, so I felt very comfortable with the transition. Professors are always willing to help, and student success is their main priority. They make their services very accessible and will do most anything to make things work. It is very reassuring to know that there are people besides your family who stand in your corner. Our advisors truly care about their students and go above and beyond to help us look at the different options we have regarding our undergraduate and possibly future graduate studies.

Julian

Great place to be, good atmosphere where students take their studies studies seriously. A great faculty and an amazing place to be. Football program has been around for 10 years and they have already won 6 championships, students love the team and everybody on campus is family.

Madison

It's a school that is very cliquy. People do not like branching outside of their friend group which makes it hard for outsiders to make friends. Unless you like partying there is not a lot going on during the weekend, so I mostly just watch TV on the weekends. There is not a lot of on campus fun to do during the week. I wish there was more campus entertainment and events.

Victoria

The College of Saint Scholastica is an excellent school focused on individuals and leading them to success. My experiences at Scholastica range from fitness, fine arts, academics, and campus living. The faculty and staff are friendly and all have a common goal - encouraging students to reach their potential.

Bailee

The College of Saint Scholastica is located in the city of Duluth, Minnesota atop a hill that overlooks Lake Superior. Overall, the buildings are beautiful, even the oldest building Tower Hall. Though the steps are a bit steep and tiring, especially if you have to go to classes on the 4th floor. Outside, the weather can get a bit cold, so there are tunnels that connect Somers to Science to Tower Hall and they are nice, but a bit inconvenient. The classes are always rather small, my largest is a 30 person lecture, but it's still rather nice. However, be prepared for heavy classroom discussion participation and required classroom attendance. Your teachers will know when you're not there and knock you down a few grade points if you don't make up the work. Still, the school is nice, just not somewhere I want to be.

lilly

It is a beautiful campus. The student life is very friendly and outgoing! Overall a 10/10 I love it! I am ver excited to be attending this college in the fall of 2019. My brother has also attended the college of St. Scholastica, where he played football. He did not play much bet he still loved it! It was the atmosphere of the team that he loved, everyone was friendly, kind, helpful, and loving!

Rebecca

I love the College of St. Scholastica. The overall atmosphere of campus feels very welcoming. The college has academics that truly make you work for your grade so you know you have earned what you got. There are many different clubs and groups on campus to join. The only reason I didn't give a five star rating is because the the Greenview Dining Room, where the freshmen usually eat, has mediocre food, and not much for variety.

Alysa

Overall the College of Saint Scholastica is a very welcoming, strong, and supportive community. Every weekend there is something to do on campus that doesn't involve drinking, there's many clubs to join, excursions to go on, and things to see in the beautiful lake-side city of Duluth. The small classrooms and encouraging professors makes college feel more comfortable and less nerve-racking. The staff and students really make an effort to making your college experience a great one. So far I've been outrageously politically active, recieved school newspapers with my articles published, learned that I liked Rugby more than Cheerleading, and made some lifelong friends. The two year On-campus living requirement makes transitioning from home, to dorms, to apartement living, much much easier. My first year had ups and downs but I don't regret my choice for a second.

Jordyn

I am so glad that I chose to attend the college of Saint Scholastica! It's so welcoming and beautiful! I love this place! I didn't know what to think about the college before I visited for the first time, but after orientation, I just knew I had made the right decision. The College of Saint Scholastica is my home away from home. I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else!

Rylee

It is a wonderful school with many opportunities for all kinds of students! The staff are all very supportive and love to answer any questions you have. The student body is fun, diverse and ready to learn all the time! Everyone here has a lot of drive to be successful in their life.

Makanaka

CSS is a good place to be, home away from home. It is a good learning environment which also offers other well-being resources such as Campus Ministry, Burns Wellness, WellU, different kinds of activities and entertainment that missing home is not always an option.

It’s really beautiful and it looks like a castle. I love it. People there were super friendly!! The class size is perfect. Especially with me coming from a class with 600 people it’s not small but it’s almost the same as Scholastica . Everyone just feels like family.It feels like home!

Fantastic college that is unbelievably inclusive and thoughtful to all students' needs. The campus life is very safe and kind. There's nowhere else I've ever been that feels so inclusive and warm. This is one of the finest colleges I've ever been to and is absolutely beautiful.

St. Scholastica is a small school that prides itself on academic excellence, especially in the health sciences. If you want a career in health information management, St. Scholastica has the longest-running program, with professors who are very active in the profession. St. Scholastica is also well known for its nursing program. About 75% of the students are female. Overall, St. Scholastica is a good school but may not have everything that a student might want.