Thiel College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Thiel College

George

Thiel College is a beautiful campus in the quiet town of Greenville. I have been a student here for the past 3 and a half years and have been afforded many opportunities I would not have had at a larger institution. In high school I was hesitant about going to college. I had the grades to, but never really saw myself having the motivation to get a four year degree. Here I am graduating in only seven semesters because of all the support I received from the Thiel College community.

Amber

Thiel College, Is a quiet, small college. The atmosphere is unique, in my opinion, in that the class sizes are small so the professors can give you individual guidance if necessary. The campus is beautiful and up to date with technology. Just building the new technology building puts Thiel College on the cutting edge when it comes to technology. Even though I decided not to participate in sports, there are plenty of options for the athlete. There are other volunteer options on campus that I participate in, one of which is Relay For a Life, through the Cancer Society. Being one of the organizers for a team is one of the highlights thus far of my college career. I maintain a 3.9 GPA, work hard and expect to graduate in May of 2015 as a teacher. I look forward to my career and I don't think I could gave gotten the unique individual instruction had I gone to a large college. Sincerely, Amber Port

Melody

I am planning on attending Thiel College

Angelo

Thiel college is a small private college in Greenville, PA. I recently visited the college in hopes of attending in the fall of 2016. They have small class sizes and offer many merit scholarships to help with the cost of tuition. I met many faculty members as well as football coaches and everyone there is very helpful. Being a smaller institution there is a lot of one on one communication. You are not just another number there. It is a small community with lots of support. When I visited the campus I knew it was the school for me.

Alison

Overall, Thiel College is a great school. While the food, politics, and weather might not be the greatest, Thiel has an amazing cast of teachers and staff who are friendly, challenging, and who care about their students. Breadth and depth are focused on. Thiel is definitely a liberal arts college, and a highly academic one at that. Even members of sororities and fraternities must keep up a certain GPA to stay involved with Greek Life. I have learned so much since coming to Thiel, and plan on continuing my education here.

It's a small liberal arts college.

Thiel College was by far my favorite campus to visit. Not only is the student body very friendly, the staff is also. There is always someone around to help you if you're lost or if you need help. The campus is quite, and very calming, and you can always have a good time.

Brittani

I love Thiel College, I think it's a great place if you want to get to know everyone and especially your professors. Thiel College makes you feel like you're at home and everyone is so friendly on campus. No body is there to judge you by who you are but to accept you and I think that is a very important thing. I would love to attend Thiel College and it's definitely my number one choice. I really wouldn't wanna go anywhere else. The campus is so beautiful in the summer and even the winter. The classes are definitely close enough so you do not have to drive. Thiel College is my dream college.

Alexis

It feels like home, the students, staff, and faculty all really work together towards a worthwhile academic and social experience. The whole campus is very involved in clubs, Greek Life, volunteering, and athletics. The small class sizes ensure that your professors get to know you personally and show that they truly care about your success. We are a really small campus in a rural area but if your creative, outdoorsy, outgoing, or have a car there are endless adventure to be had. I cannot see my self at any other school.

Jake

In the three years that I have attended Thiel College, I can honestly say that it has transformed the person I became. Being that it is a small liberal arts institution, there is a plethora of opportunities to learn culture, go on study abroad trips, depatmental excursions, attend cool events on camps and really get to know the collee community. In the honors program, Thiel shaped my mind into one that embodies a global perspective and compassion for all human beings.

Danyelle

Thiel is an extremely tight knit cummunity. The professors and the overall academic experience Thiel provides is undoubtedly one of Thiel's strengths. The professors truly care about each students' success in both the present and the future. Although some of the facilities and housing could be updated, I am extremely pleased to be at Thiel and enjoy it here.

Julia

Thiel College is a nice, small town college. The campus is pretty small, so it takes very little time to get across campus to classes or to your room. The food is okay, it's nice that we have the cafeteria which has a pizza bar, dessert corner, salad bar, pasta bar, sub sandwich section, international section, and two random food bars. Upstairs from the cafeteria is a little cafe that partners with Starbucks and has some good coffee, as well as quick snacks, and my personal favorite, quesadillas all day everyday. The professors go out of their way to help you, most are almost always available to meet about whatever you want to talk about. Class sizes are fairly small, the gen ed classes, such as Chemistry or Biology will have more people, but the average size for those classes would be about 30ish students. Overall, it is a nice, quiet campus that is great if that is what you are looking for.

Quintin

It was a very nice school, the professors and academic advisors were all helpful along with the students on campus and tour guides were nice and helpful as well. The Campus is almost entirely new besides one or two buildings, but every building there was still nice and not broken down In any way.

Zachary

I really like Thiel College, and I will be attending there in the fall of 2018. When I visited there during their Winterfest, I was blown away by the hospitality and friendliness of the current students that were attending Thiel. They took me under their wing, and they treated me like I was one of their own friends. The professors there were also very helpful. They reached out to me and asked me a lot of questions about academics and education. Thiel's student-to-facility ratio is 11:1 so that is very helpful as well. Thiel is a very good college and I look forward to going there this fall!

Tyrie

It is a great school with a lot of opportunities and is the best place to go if you want that family love we’re everybody knows each other and really great at communicating plus they want everybody to succeed and get the best education possible best place to go we’re you get that one on one with your professor to get the best grades possible I loved visiting and hopefully I will be attending there to play football also go tomcats

Tyrie

Samanth

Overall Thiel is a pretty quiet campus, surrounded by a small town, with some of the nicest people I have ever met. The class sizes are small and reasonable, faculty and staff know everyone by name, and honestly, there is nowhere else I would rather have chosen to go.

Olivia

I love it here! There's always something going on that everyone can get involved in. Coming from a small high school Thiel was an easy adjustment to make. I've found a wonderful group of friends here too! I feel as though I will graduate from here and do so within four years with my starting major.

isaiah

there not might not be that many people but the quality of the people here is great, i have met some of my best friends at school here , this place is so welcoming and motivating i enjoy my time here.

Christie

My overall opinion of Thiel College is awesome. Of course, graduating high school and starting college can be a scary transition for most, Thiel made it so easy to feel at home. I would not want to be anywhere else, and I would recommend it to everyone I know.

Kerri

As a future student of Thiel College, and an avid supporter of Thiel sports, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Thiel College is one of the best liberal arts schools in mercer county Pennsylvania. I am at Thiel nearly every single day of every week and I am never disappointed in my decision to come to this school. The campus is easy to navigate and the facilities are phenomenal. There is always a positive atmosphere everywhere you go on Thiel's campus. The staff and students are equally friendly and helpful to anyone who is new to the school. It is a small town school that I would have never pictured myself attending but fate chose otherwise and I will be graduating in 2019. I can honestly say that choosing to attend Thiel College is a decision I will thank myself for, for years to come.

Charles

Thiel is a great community and is a great place to be. I really love being at Thiel and want to go back which is why I am applying for this. The college offers plenty of help in the classroom. The sports programs is something that everyone should want to be apart of.

I love the campus being able to walk around and nt get lost after you of course walk around with or without others. The food is tasty reminds me that I need at least some tupperware . Also it cool that it has a little town its around. p.s there is a lot of sheetz couponds around when they do prizes for events on a small scale.

Molly

I really like Thiel College. The faculty and staff are so friendly and helpful, and I feel as though I am learning a lot. I believe there are ample opportunities for students to become involved in activities on campus, and there are many ways to further your education here through the many available academic opportunities. I am very excited and glad to be here.

Emari

When i first did my tour my senior year, Instantly fell in love with the school.

Niasia

Thiel college is a campus of opportunities. It is where you find yourself, where you find your strength and weaknesses of life. You can not go through college with a closed minded mindset, you should go wanting to explore and reach the maximum of the opportunities that were offered to you. Thiel offers you everything you need but it is your choice whether you want to succeed or fail.

Isaiah

Thiel College is a great college to go to. The students and teachers are nice. The teachers are always here for you and you can always email them at any time. Thiel College is fun it always have activities like every week so that students will be able to get more involved.

Danielle

Thiel College is a very small and quiet school and in a very small and quiet town. This will be the start of my freshmen year in the spring of 2017 and I am very much excited to start. I have been out of high school for a little over two years now and while in high school I visited Theil a few times. I took some time off to decide what I was really going to want my career to be but, once I found out I knew Thiel is where I wanted to be. I have known about Thiel College ever since I was a little girl. We have a campsite about twenty minutes from Thiel at Pymatuming Lake.

Kasey

I think Thiel College is a very welcoming place. Their student teacher is unbelievable and you can always count on a professor always helping you. The environment around campus is always very happy and encouraging. I love everything about the academic life. It is like a home away from home for me. I wish the housing was more up to date. The tuition is high, therefore I think they should develop and update more buildings and living areas throughout campus.

Phillip

I really like this college and believe it was a great choice to go to school here. The thing I love the most about Thiel is that the professors are very close to the students, almost all know you by name. I believe this is what makes Thiel a great college. Thiel is a liberal arts college that really prepares its students for life after college. In the time that I have been here at Thiel, I have gained so much knowledge both inside and outside of my major. I love this school and would encourage others to check it out.

Elijah

I like Thiel College's flow a lot. I prefer the smaller class sizes because you can ask questions in class, plus, they have plenty of open office hours. I also enjoy most of their instructors. I love being part of their choir and acting groups because I have met so many interesting people. However, there's definitely improvements that could be done. The computer science program is lackluster. I would prefer a program that works more with the practical side of it rather the theoretical like Thiel's program does. I would also prefer a bachelors of science in computer science but Thiel doesn't offer that. Also. their computer science teacher doesn't do a great job of teaching his courses. Most specifically, he sometimes doesn't know an answer but will guess at what he thinks an answer might be and, luckily, I already knew the information, otherwise I might have gone without know the truth of what he said. Overall, he's the only teacher that I deal with regularly that isn't good so I think their staff is good as whole.

Erica

I enjoy Thiel because it does have small class sizes that allow me to dive deeper into my studies with the help of my professors and fellow students. I feel as if I am able to get in contact with my professors at all times and that alone gives me a peace of mind in my success at Thiel.

Giuliano

There isn't another school in the country that fits me more than Thiel College. Thiel College is my home away from home. I feel very comfortable here and it has truly changed my life for the better. It has turned me into a better, well-rounded individual from the experiences I've had inside and out of the classroom.

I chose Thiel College for many reasons. The two main reasons is I was able to continue my academic and athletic career. I like that the class size is not too small and I am able to get the one on one attention needed while still having it large enough to have my own privacy. The diversity has made me have friendships I never expected to have. I love it!

Jakob

Once I moved into Sawhill Hall in Thiel, I was a little nervous at first because obviously I felt alone, but once I participated in the Welcome Weekend activities I began to feel like I was part of college family. Now that’s been 4 weeks since then, I’ve made lots of friends, I’ve started participating in clubs and activities too, and I work the campus library too. I’m glad I chose to go to Thiel because I don’t think I wouldn’t been as happy as I am now as I would’ve been if I chose to go to Cal U. In the end, I think Thiel College is a great school and I would recommend it to any of my friends to go to if they’re looking for a college to go to.

Casandra

Very pleased with this campus and experiences here thus far. All freshman are welcomed with open arms from everyone. There is absolutely no discrimination of what class you are in; no freshman hazing either. All students are ready to lend a helping hand to whoever needs it. The professors go above and beyond for every individual to help achieve their best potential.

Braylon

This is a great school. My uncle attended this college and played basketball for them. He was a big influence in my decision to attend, and I've heard nothing but good things about this school over the years. I'm now enrolled, and I can't wait to attend in the fall. Go Tomcats!

Thiel College is considered a liberal arts institution. It is best known for its small and tight-knit campus. The classrooms are fairly small, in most cases you will have around 20 students in your class. However, this does not mean that you will have a close relationship with your professors. Coming into Thiel College, I expected my professors would remember my name or make an effort, at least. I have also learned that just because a campus is small, does not mean that people are aware of the problems that are evident. Thiel College, just like any other school, has its pros and cons. I feel that it is not the school for me, however, it may be "the" school for someone else.

Chasity

I love thiel it is very home felt. You can be your self there the people are so welcome and loving they never count you out in anything. They encourage you to go out and do things and not just sit in the houses go out and join clubs and just enjoy your college experience. Im so lucky to be going there.

Demir

Thiel is an excellent school. Everything here is just awesome. The professors are friendly, the work is actually fun most of the time, the food is delicious, and they have a massive variety of majors and minors to choose from. I would highly recommend this college to anyone who is still looking for a good college to attend. (I should also mention that if your academic performance was good in high school, they'll massively cut down your tuition fees. I usually got A's, B's, and sometimes one C on my report cards in high school; and Thiel gave me a scholarship that paid out $17,000 or $18,000 per year).

Jazzele

I love the college it is my home away from home. I think the professors are so amazing and very helpful anytime I need anything. My college campus is amazing the sceneary and the easy accesability to get from one class to the next. I have made so many friends here so far and i can not wait to continure making friends and wonderful memories here at Thiel.

Valarie

I chose between a few different colleges and the fact that it is a bible school makes me feel more comfortable. My first year being away from home, I did not want to yet experience the life of the big college campus and I am glad that I was able to find a college that met my needs in more ways than one. Of course with all of this crazy and very untimely pandemic situations happening, I have not had an opportunity to actually live on campus yet but I have taken the initiative to go on campus. It is a very uplifting feeling to have counselors as well as the admissions department available to answer questions even the Defensive Back coach in regards to being a potential prospect to play football. The reputation of the school is good and that was important for my mom and I because getting a degree is one thing, but you also should want to attend a place of higher education that you can also be proud of. I have always desired to be a Worship Pastor and a Youth and Young Adult Pastor with the understanding that I also need to have another type of degree via being in the real world. I started working in the ministry at church since I was 14 years of age but I also desired to be a Special Education teacher because of my love for kids who are considered on the "spectrum". The school offers a Secondary Education / Special Education Degree, has a football team, close to home, a bible college and seems to be just the right size for me!

Hali

Thiel College is like no other, it's a comfortable, welcome, and warming environment. There is not a person on campus that won't make you feel accepted. Thiel College is located in Greenville, PA. where students from all around the world come from. Last semester I commuted instead of being a resident, but after Christmas break I decided to move onto campus for the real life college experience. Thiel is a very small school with class sizes about the size of 10-20 students per a class. When I became a resident I didn't expect to be rooming with a foreign exchange student from South Korea. I had the best time of my life, she was just like me but from another country. We shared all of our gossip together and simply enjoyed the time we had together. When the pandemic hit we got evacuated from our dorms, but I never thought it would be the last time I got to spend another day with my roommate. Thiel provided me with an experience that I will never forget and I will always be great full for that.

Chloe

I think Thiel college is a great place to be. It is very secure and doesn't have an open party invitation like IUP does especially on St. Patties weekend. I think it is great they want to get students involved. I haven't had any college mail me and ask to meet up with them or contact them about their sports teams. Not only is Thiel inviting but is also comforting in the fact that I will be 2-2.5 hours away from home and I can still can Thiel College my home.

George

I think thiel college is great for anyone looking to join a small college atmosphere. Housing is a little outdated and food can be rough some days, but the academics and opportunities are top notch. As a sophomore I already have two full internships under my belt and have a ton of real world experience.

Jasmine

I think that Thiel comes off as a family-oriented campus. Everyone here knows everyone and they are always there to support you. The faculty is very involved in the success of students and strives to help they be at the best of their abilities. There are so many different resources on campus that are available for you to enjoy your time here on campus. The tuition seems scary but there are so many different opportunities for employment and scholarships available for students. We welcome everyone and encourage you to take a campus tour to get a better feel of Thiel as a whole !

Anthony

Thiel College is an amazing school with a great atmosphere. The professors are always available to help if you have any questions about the school. The students are happy to answer any questions that you may have. The athletic programs and coaching staff are welcoming to the students entering their teams.

Jackson

My opinion on Thiel College is it a great college to go to if you have the money, or you receive an academic scholarship from them like I did . It is a lot to go here, but if you have outstanding grades then you can easily receive a scholarship. I had a 3.8 in highschool with a 22 on my ACT and I received a $20,000 scholarship per year, and with this and financial aid I will only have to pay $9,000 a year, outstanding.

Nevaeh

My first thoughts of Thiel was I thought I would be home sick but once on campus I felt right at home! Everyone welcomed me and made me feel like one big happy family whom I always have support from! I love how all the teachers and staff are hands on with making sure we never fall behind in any of our studies!

Noah

Thiel is such a small, quaint campus. At first, I was ready to come home. I didn’t think I fit in. I didn’t think I would succeed. I’ve come to learn that everyone fits in! I am succeeding and it’s partly because of the professors actually caring about me and my future!