Troy University

« See more reviews of Troy University

If I could talk to myself as a senior I would say slow down. I worked my senior yr. I wish I had just enjoyed it. If I could talk to myself at about 8th grade I would say leave the boys alone and stop partying. I would tell myself work a little harder and get the grades you need. I got married right out of high school and I would tell myself to wait until I got done with school.

I would tell myself to predetermine the outcome and aspire to succeed. Motivate yourself to be exceptional beyond measure and to have a catalytical deamenor so that if failure is the aftermath of reaching things seemingly unobtainable, then strive for personal excellence. Along the way mistakes and are going to be made, but never give up. No one can motivate you like you can.

I found my wife and a love for both words and ideas that will never leave me. My time at Troy is anything but forgettable - the quality of the faculty, the coursework, and the campus have made it memorable for all the right reasons. It has cemented an academic foundation that has prepared me for both my academic, professional, and social career.

The advice I would give to parents and/or students is to have a planner and write everything down! This helps to keep track of all their obligations, including classes, study time, organizational meetings, and "me time". Learning these things early will help college students be successful and make the most of their time at Troy University.

I would tell my high school senior self to take the ACT as many times as it takes to where I would get a scholarship for full tuition. I would also tell myself to be prepared for life without parents being around and how important it is to not go wild and stay dedicated to going to some kind of church or prayer group.

I would tell myself to make my best effort in everything that I do and to explore every opportunity and organization on campus to find what is suited best for me. But I would also tell myself to explore new ideas and opportunities as much as possible because that is what makes us well-rounded and knowledgable people.

Be preapred as best as you can. Get all the facts and processes that need to be done for all colleges . Get the best scores you can in High School. Every point counts. The better you make, the better chance you have of getting scolarships that will help pay for the expenses that are going to come about.

I would tell psrents to let the child choose there major and not to pressure the child on selecting a major right away or to force one on them. I would tell them to let their child enjoy the college experience socially and education wise. Choose the college that fits the child, not the parent.

Look at your life as a whole. Make the decision based on you and not on the others in your life. College is about you being happy and comforatable and do not let anyone else influence your decision. You are the one that needs to be happy and your happyness will affect your grades.

I would tell myself ,"Keep your head up and continue to go in the direction you're heading, Jesus is going to work everything out for in the end. Don't stress over the tests or the girls that come and go because it will all be worked out for your good."