Troy University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Troy University

Aiyana

Troy University is a great college to attend with great people and a great atmosphere. The facility offers a great experience to all freshmen students coming in for the first time with a great falculty that is able and willing to help you in all situations.

Madalyn

Troy University has a small but beautiful campus. There is a wonderful faculty. Since most of the classes are small the teachers really get to know all of their students and are always happy to answer any questions. Troy also provides free tutoring for its students if you need extra help. Overall my experience at Troy University has been great.

Allison

My overall opinion of Troy University is that it is a wonderful school in all aspects. The academics are great, the social life is nice, the campus is beautiful, the professors are helpful, and the environment is uplifting. I am very glad to be attending Troy University.

Cameron

Troy University is a place that is a hidden gem, really. TROY is Alabama's international school. On any given day you may hear over 80 different languages! All this is great, but we are in the south, so there may be the occasional slur. However, we have amazing students who are willing to fight, write, and protest for justice! We have a beautiful campus! Typical class sizes are 15-50. There are some large lectures and some smaller more intimate classes. We have that liberty to choose. This place really feels like home, and the professors know you personally. They will keep up with you and question why you aren't performing well in their classes. They give you every opportunity to pass. The food here is good, especially on soul food Wednesdays! There's a Warrior spirit on this campus! Here's to the school I love!

Nickell

It is a decent school with excellent programs. However, there is nothing to do besides a few student plan activities.

Crystal

Overall, I think Troy University is a decent school. There are multiple campuses which I'm sure have different atmospheres. If you don't find ways to get involved on campus, you won't probably won't enjoy it. The professors are typically great professors but every now and then you may come across one that you dislike.

Chloe

Overall I believe Troy to be a good university. They have a variety of majors that I believe most students would find interesting and useful. The price to attend Troy University is very reasonable plus they offer a multitude of scholarships which most anyone can apply for. The dorms are acceptable, the food is exceptional, and the staff is likable. I believe that if a student tries, they can easily find a home at Troy University.

Steven

Troy is an incredible university to be attending. It offers plenty of classes to help me to grow in my knowledge and that relate to what I wish to do in the future. There is a large focus on Greek Life, but for those choosing not to partake there is a good following in the honors program and plenty of ways others can get involved.

Jeffrey

Troy University online college option allows me the opportunity to pursue my degree while working 50-60 hours a week at my current job. As a fully accredited school, I have confidence that my degree from Troy will be respected by all I encounter in the future.

Brianna

I think Troy University is a really great college to attend with a lot of students with different cultures and personalities. You could meet someone new everyday if you wanted to. Overall everyone is nice and friendly and the teachers are always available.

Lyrica

I really enjoy being at Troy University. I wish there was more there to do for the college student but overall it is a good school. The students are very involved on campus from political, Greek life, and also community service. Once you are enrolled at Troy it feels like a home to you. You have to find your right group of friends to make the experience even better.

Troy University is a fantastic school. They are constantly creating new opportunities for their students to grow as future workers in their fields, but also just as human beings. Troy is always seeking to do better and to be better in its academics and student life. Overall, Troy University is a college that is very invested in the success of its students. I am proud to be a Troy Trojan!

Aiesha

Here's to the school I love! Being a military child and having all these school opportunities a then 16-year-old me already had it set in mind that I wanted to be a Troy Trojan and nothing could convince me otherwise. I got there as a typical scared freshman. Then I eventually blossomed and never looked back and can honestly thank Troy for my growing, learning, experience, and maturing. Believe them when they say "We are Trojans one and all" we really are! No matter what your classification is, no matter what your background is, and no matter what you're going through Troy will make you feel like everyone there is your family and you'll never feel alone. I made some of the BEST connections and long lasting friendships in my entire life here! The entertainment life is amazing! No matter what it is you take interest in you can bet there's something provided to fulfill your needs! No Trojan's needs go unnoticed. Believe me when I say the professors honestly and deeply care about you and your success. They treat you like you're one of their on from the nest until you take your first flight and it's absolutely beautiful. We should appreciate them just as much as they appreciate us taking time out of loving Troy to use the provided office hours. There is a resource for everything whether it be the coffee machine in the library and you becoming best friends or the tutor sessions in Eldridge, there's help for everyone somewhere on campus. If I could go all the way back to the beginning of my senior year and start the application process that led to the road to the rest of my life at Troy, I would. My freshman year at Troy University is more than one for the books. It'll be the story for my grandkids to tell their grandkids to let the story of Troy live forever on. Thank you Troy for the hill I'd have to walk up after lunch. Thanks for the lifelong connections I established. I applaud you for the multiple successes we got to celebrate with all our athletic teams. These are moments I wish I could relive forever. Here's to the school I know and love, I'm a Trojan one and all.

Hope

I think Troy is a wonderful school where the people around you get to know you on a personal level and are mostly very friendly. The one downside I would say there is, is that there is not a whole lot to do around town. However, that is why I'm rushing this year to join Greek Life which is pretty active there and does not cost much in comparison to other schools! I would definitely recommend it though, especially since they offer wonderful scholarships. I have a scholarship that covers full tuition for four years, and there is one that covers tuition and housing so definitely look into it!

Ivey

As a Junior, I really love my time at Troy. I love learning, I feel most of my professors care about me and are fair. I've received a full-tuition scholarship and, since I've kept my grades up, haven't had any problems at all. There's a great variety of on-campus clubs and societies, and it's not difficult to get involved. There's a great diversity of students, as well- as the international university in Alabama, we have tons of people from all over the world, which is really lovely! The campus is much prettier than I expected going in. As for the negatives: on-campus housing is notoriously expensive and difficult to get unless you're a Freshman, which is very frustrating. I need a place to live! Off-campus stores are acceptable, we have grocery stores, liquor stores, a few boutiques and a movie theater. I wish there were more active experience opportunities, like longer hiking trails and well-kept picnic areas, or a shopping mall or any club at all that doesn't just play rap or country. Well, that's my take on Troy!

K'ryn

I visited this school twice and after the first visit, I knew it would be my new home. I love that everyone you meet here accepts you. No one has to try hard to make friends with anyone. The professors really like to help you. The campus is clean and peaceful. I love it here!

Troy University is a great college to attend. I am from out of state and I was offered in-state tuition as well as a few other scholarships. The location is perfect and the campus is just the right size. We take pride in our University's endless opportunities. They have wonderful academic departments as well as plenty of extracurricular activities. Troy was definitely the right pick for me.

Dequan

My review of Troy is that is a really good school. I decided to go to the school because Troy is really organized and gets their business handles and taken care of on time. The students that attend the school made me feel at home and the staff really cares about its students. When the professors see you trying they are willing to work with you.

Tawana

Troy University is a really great school to attend. The professorsare willing to go out of their way to help any and all students. If you are going to campus or doing classes online the class size is just wants needed. I would recommend Tory University to friends and family for a quality education.

Madison

Troy University is an overall good campus. However, the surrounding city of Troy is considered dangerous. Occasionally there are stories of cars being stolen, paintballs being shot at houses and cars, stuff getting stolen, and gun shots being heard. The teachers are always willing to help and care about the students.

Cecilia

Troy is great and has helped me move forward in college while still being in high school. I started taking classes online with Troy University after I moved to South Korea over a year and a half ago. I took these classes with their Accelerate or Dual Enrollment Program. It's been great and has really helped me a lot, I still take online classes even though I moved back to the States about four months ago.

Trynity

Troy is very nice. The teachers are friendly and always open to help. The people on campus are very friendly. The food is amazing. The dorms are very nice on the inside and out. The location of the school is great. The games are out of this world. Troy is just an all around amazing school.

Devin

Overall I have had a much better experience with Troy University than with my first university. The classes are much larger at the Troy main campus but if you are in Central Alabama you have a number of campus choices that other schools just don't offer. The main campus is more like a traditional four year college with the expected college life that most younger adults wish to experience. The Montgomery campus is a more life driven academics program. That location offers night classes and is designed for people who have jobs that wish to achieve a degree. Overall I think with the flexibility and locations that Troy offers you really can't go wrong in Alabama.

Mia

Troy University is a school that gives off a very safe, at-home feel!

Destiny

Troy is a beautiful, clean campus with a awesome atmosphere! The professors are always willing to help and school activists gets everyone involved in college life! The dorms are beautiful and are in walking distance to everything on campus. There is so much to see and do, that no one is ever bored!

Sydney

Troy University is a great college for freshmen. It is a large campus, but still small enough to know or hear about most people there. It is easy to travel around the campus. You don't have to take a bus to go anywhere. You can walk. They have a great sorority and fraternity system as well. Troy University is perfect for you if you want somewhere big but not crazy large.

divina

Troy University was the first college experience I ever had, an it was truly an enjoyable one. Professors were always available to answer questions, and trust me, there was more than one occasion where I questions. Having their email gave me an added sense of security when an all-nighter was needed and some conundrum arose. Being originally from California I never knew that sports could be apart of a culture. Troy showed me that football is a way of life when living in the south! Aside from the football games, Troy offered countless other activities to participate in and become a member of. I also can't complain that they have several campus and offered classes online to make things easier for the student, particularly students like myself who wanted to to study without any breaks. My overall experience at Troy was a great one. I enjoyed Troy so much that I am pursing extra classes at their facilities for medical school.

Abhimanyu

It's a pretty good university if you love living the life of a boring old person who despises capitalism(because there aren't any shops around, literally.) There are a ton of hiking as well as hunting places, so if you are a little outdoor-sy, this would surely be manna for you. Academics are really easy and we even have take-home tests.

June

Troy University is one of the top choices when it comes to having a conversation about safety on and off the campus, diversity, extracurricular activities, and campus food. Visiting the campus showed me that the faculty members actually want to help everyone succeed, and they are doing everything they can to make sure you understand whats' going on in their class. It also showed me that everyone is willing to help you even if they don't know you. Troy has a variety of sporting events, clubs, and also Greek life which I am very interested in.

AnnMarie

Troy is home. It makes you fall in love, and pretty soon you will have a whole Troy family that you don't want to leave. We are always looking to improve, and it is such a beautiful place to live. Get involved to make the most of the experience. They are plenty of opportunities around campus, so you can be as busy as you choose!

Jensen

Troy University is a great place to receive your college education in a small hometown setting. We have many international students who call Troy home as well as many people who grow up in Troy and attend Troy rather than another college. Teachers are almost always guaranteed to respond to their emails within minutes, and students can find many options of help from other students who tutor.

Jayden

I did dual-enrollment with Troy University. I was a part of the Performing Arts Academy. While we were still in high school, the other students and I were treated as equals with the other college students... Well, mostly. Classes were entertaining and we were educated and included in discussions. Troy University always has something going on. The Theatre program is beautiful and amazing, and going behind the scenes is so much fun. It's a school for everyone from someone looking to play sports, going into sports medicine, theatre enthusiasts, dance majors, and even those looking for the Greek life. Troy has it all.

Danaisha

I love Troy and I will be attending in August this year, visiting the campus made me realize what an amazing school it is and the opportunities there for me. The benefits of going there are most definitely going to help my career. The buildings are new or have gotten remodeled. The cafe is expanded and have different varieties of food for the different cultures.

Amber

I am an online student and this the first college that I have attended that I absolutlely love! I would love to keep attending if I can afford it. The college has oppotunities for everyone. I have been in classes with people from all over the world thanks to the military options Troy offers. I would reccommend this school to anyone.

Kirsten

I love Troy University. It's a great college. I love being able to take 9 week classes instead of 16 week classes, it makes it a lot easier to focus on just a couple classes at a time. The professors are great and they really know what they're talking about. I loved going to Troy so much as an undergrad that I'm going to graduate school at Troy too!

Devin

It is a beautiful campus with many opportunities. But, just like many other schools, there will always be some issues. Some are more upfront than others, but mainly it is dependent on your views. I have had some problems with my teachers in the past, and some of the housing is old, but overall it could be worse!

Justin

Coming to Troy Universtiy, I was a little skeptical because I did not know what to expect. However, that happens to every student when trying to find the right college. As for me, I made the right choice. Troy University is not as big as Auburn University but it is a little bigger than Samford University. Troy's campus is one of the most beautiful campuses in the USA. When it comes to education, Troy succeeds. The professors have been very concerning to students needs. This is accompanied with the gracious class sizes. I would say that the average class here at Troy is about 55 students. Some bigger some smaller. Students at Troy are not bogged down with being "a flower in the wall" to a professor because the student to teacher ratio is superb. As for on campus dinning, I cannot complain. Same with on campus housing. My only gripe with Troy University is the activites that they host throughout the week. They do not offer many activites on campus and even outside of campus. If one is looking to attend Troy University, just know that you will have to find things to do...they do not just pop up. All in all, Troy University was an outstanding choice on my part. So far I have a GPA of 3.8 and all my classes are going well. Thank you, UNIGO, for this gracious oppurtunity.

Wallata

What I like about Troy is that they are very Military Friendly. I have been in the Military for 15 years and this school has been so helpful with me obtaining my degree. This is one of 3 schools nationwide that reduce their tuition rates so we do not have to come out of pocket. Not only do they reduce it for us, but they extend it to our families as well!

Ashton

I love how beautiful the campus is. That is the first thing I noticed when I came to my official visit. They always keep up with the flowers and cutting the grass when it needs to be cut. I do think their needs to be more lighting on campus when it does get dark, or making the lighting we have brighter. I love they updated our dinning hall and gave us a lot more options to choice from. I have loved almost all my professors so far. I do have one complaint about our physics department. It could be better. The professor I had last semester did not have office hours and did not respond to any students emails. I know almost half the class did not pass her class including me. Overall I love my campus and I do intend to graduate from Troy University.

So

Troy University is such a garbage school. The instructors are wishy washy and the advisors are crap. All the teachers want is to get paid for having B students- no matter how much hard work you put in. That’s why it only has a 30% graduation rate. They want students to get discouraged and leave so they can make bank. Troy University is a horrible school.

Kristen

It is a great school with a welcoming atmosphere. There needs to be more on campus housing because of the growing number of incoming students. Also, MORE PARKING. Healthier dining options would be nice too, but despite these things Troy University is an exceptional place to futher education.

Miranda

Troy University made my dream a reality when they accepted me as a student! The campus is big and beautiful with great facilities and the academics are more than I could have ever asked for. Troy University feels just like home and I know it is where I belong! They also have wonderful athletics! THANK YOU TROY UNIVERSITY!!

Sevde

Troy University is known as Alabama's international university, which is one of the main reasons why I decided to attend Troy University. The university prepares its students to become global citizens that can excel in the world's stage. It achieves this by providing excellent academic programs and a caring faculty. Troy University sets you to believe in yourself and gives you the proper education to follow your career goals!

Alexandra

During this past semester, I have been attending one of the branches of Troy University. I have truly enjoyed it. There have definitely been some adjustments, but the teachers have been very helpful. I enjoy being able to take my major courses to see if my major is the right fit for me. I have found that have classes on a term schedule very enjoyable.

Rebekah

Troy university is a good school. It is not perfect but there are a lot of good programs including an excellent Nursing Program. Ive heard bad things about the Education program. There are a lot of clubs and organizations. There is not a lot of stuff to do but there is a 2 dollar movies night every two weeks. The food is mediocre. Most of the profs are excellent. Don't expect to get on campus housing. Overall I've been very pleased with this school.

Alyssa

Troy University is a melting pot of all ethnicities, genders, political views, and foreign students. The campus offers a variety of organizations and chances to get involved, and the administration highly encourages all students to find someplace to connect and socialize. While Troy, Alabama does not offer many social opportunities, the college town is not far from Montgomery which offers many shopping opportunities and more social activities. Troy University is an excellent fit for nearly every student, especially those who love to watch sports, as it is one of the biggest social events Troy hosts.

Troy is a great school! It’s my home away from home. I’ve met some of best friends here ,and I love being in a sorority. Most of the teachers want to see you succeed and will help you. I love how close everything is on campus. Troy is really an awesome school! I can’t wait to see what’s in store in the future!

Ayanna

I love Troy! It’s a little expensive but it’s worth it. I enjoy the on campus housing I just wish there were more dorms. After your freshman year you most likely will not get back on campus because Of limited space and the incoming freshman, so be prepared to find an apartment. I love how close everything is and how everyone is like one big family.

Madison

I have enjoyed attending Troy University the past 3 years. I love that the professors are approachable and they really want you to succeed. In my opinion it is just the right size campus. I feel Troy University is a great place to further your education.

Justice

Outstanding!!! The support at Troy University is also great. Everyone want to assist the students to achieve.