University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

The type of people that shouldn't attend the University of Florida are the ones who have ulterior motives and lack motivation. If Florida's reputation as a party school alone draws an individual to the University then it is not the right school for them. Also a person who lacks motivation towards their academic goals they will most likely suffer in one way or another. If one does not study enough or miss class frequently they will not know their course material and ultimately not live up to their maximum academic potential.

The University of Florida is for everyone. I come from a very close-knit Hispanic family, and even though my first semester was tough being far away, I stil pulled through. I feel like that is the only problem that students would come across. If they can make it past that initial homesick feeling, they can definitely make it through for all 4 years. Whether you're shy, outgoing, religious, atheist, gay, straight, and everything in between, there is definitely something on this campus that will help you feel at home.

Someone who doesn't have motivation to succeed in their career or academics. I've observed some students who have come to this school and within their first semester or year end up dropping out because they lost track of their academics and focused on partying or socializing more. A student who is not albe to discipline themself to stay on track with their classes and time manage socializing, work and academics should not attend the University of Florida, since it is a fun but challenging school at the same time.

I think that anyone that is willing to learn a certain trade or skill should attend this school. I am new to the University of Florida, so this question might be a bit redundant. For the most part, if you don't like the warm and sunny weather of winter months that is mixed in with humidity and rain in the summer then maybe this school is not for you. If you don't want to be in a school that offers a great deal of resources and high professional educational standards, then this school is definitely not for you.

People who are mentally closed to new ideas and cultural perspectives, and are too self-absorbed that they are quick to make false judments should not attend this school. Students should not accustom themselves to seek people of their same cultural background but rather become diverse in their choices so that they are enriched with new experiences, ideas and perspectives, as this may help students become more aware of the realities of life and their surroundings and are not enclosed in their own fairytale bubble.

Prospective students who are looking at the University of Florida should consider that the university is not a easy. Students who did not do the assignments, did not study for exams, or do not care about their education should not attend this university. University of Florida is not only a tough school to get into, it is hard work once you are in. For students who are looking to breeze through college and not having to worry about assignments/projects/exams, then University of Florida is not a option for them.

Someone who is very pessimistic and negative about themselves would not be a desirable applicant. Those who exemplify those characteristics would have a difficult time being successful at this University. Because of the demandind curicculum of this University, you must maintain a positive outlook on life and the material being given to you. You are not always going to get the grades you want and that's part of the learning experience of college. But have to be postive and continue striding forward.

The only kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is one that is not committed to working hard or very ambitious. In order to succeed in this school one needs to push himself to his limit and beyond. He needs to seek out help and guidance, not try and let help and guidance seek him; the latter will not get him very far in his career as a University of Florida student. Without being ambitious and hard working a student will miss all of the potential opportunities the cross his path.

The amazing thing about the University of Florida is its versatility -- it is made for philopsophy majors and sports martketing majors; for liberal arts lovers and hardcore math and science engineers. There is no easy way to make yourself not find a place within the university; the advantage of living in this college town, even if one prefers the city, is that there are people from everywhere that relate to you, what you're interested in, what you believe in, what you want to accomplish.

The University of Florida is a great place for all students. We are a HUGE campus and there is something for everyone! All kinds of people from different backgrounds, beliefs, and places will be able to fit in. The best part is that even if you find your niche, everyone is so welcoming, that you are not limited to making friends who are just like you. Students here are open to all types of people, so you may find yourself with a friend from Italy and a friend from Oklahoma!