Fredericksburg, VA
University of Mary Washington

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Mary Washington

Christine

Mary Washington is a quite and small school, where students get to know their professors on an individual basis, and it is a beautiful place to study.

Someone who likes a busy and crowded enviroment should not attend Mary Washington.

College has really broaded and opened my mind to a lot of social, enviromental and human rights issues. Taking this time out of my life to devote to studying and learning is really important because I am able to be educated on the issues the past has contributed to and that our generation is going to be apart of fixing.

Katie

My classmates care about their education and strive to make a difference on campus and in society.

I traveled 3,000 miles across the country to attend my college and I could not have asked for a better experience. I did not know anyone but I was embraced by the campus community and have made lifelong friends. At my school I am surrounded by genuine people who know what they want out of life and who work hard to get there. These people have set an example for me and how I live my life. I have learned what it means to make mistakes in the classroom and with friends, but with the support of those around me I have learned from those experiences. I have a growing sense of responsibility and a better idea of what I want out of life. For me, college has been a place of growth. Nothing could have prepared me for the people and experiences I would face.

The price for food is outrageous and the quality isn't the best.

Miranda

My classmates seem more into getting through college than actually experiencing it.

We have alot of students who are either very pro partying or very against it.

Miranda, As a college student I have come to realize one huge mistake. Do not take for granted that which was given to you. In high school you worked so hard! In college it is so easy to become distracted from your main goal-to become a succesful person in life. Even if you do not find the same type of great friends in high school, don't loose faith. Get more involved with campus activities. Don't party too much either, it leads no where. There is a difference between fun and too much. I can only say this, you are more intellegent than the grades you will receive, and you worked to hard to get the money to go to school to loose all of it. So put your chin up and remember the potential you have and what you have to offer this world. Don't let any circumstance deter you from finding out who you really are and moving forward to becoming a great and succesful adult. Love yourself and always remember to put your well being first. Love always, Miranda

Robert

The facilities are in active renovation, but alot has to be done. They spend alot of money renevating the campus, but don't pay attention as much to the interior of the buildings.

The internet situation. They do provide free wireless internet, but it is slow and unreliable. However, to upgrade it will cost you $20 extra a semester.

TIME MANAGEMENT! It is alot of fun. But becareful. The work will pile up and you will be left wondering where all the time went.

Robin

I would definitely tell my high school self that even though you probably know the material being discussed in class, you should still study. And read. Professors can be rather picky in what they want, but they are willing to help a student who comes with questions and is concerned about doing well in the class. So office hours are your friend. School is not about partying, it's about doing well and securing a degree that will help you get a good job. Remember how much being a cashier sucks, and let that remind you, even if your roommate keeps trying to persuade you to go out and party with her. She'll stop eventually, as long as you don't cave. So stay true to you and work hard to make those dreams come true.

There really isn't anything that I can think of. Our school is pretty unified and the professors are great. There isn't really even one thing I can pick out that I truly dislike about my school.

Honestly, there's nothing that frustrating here than there would be in any other schools. Sometimes the internet is slow and the bookstore doesn't have the books that I need in stock, but those problems are rectified as soon as possible.

Charnele

My school is best known for its educational opportunities.

My school is best known for its educational opportunities.

The worst thing about the school i attend is that it is not enough diversity of cultures. The majority race is White American.

I would encourage myself to take more college credit courses because I could use them as transfer credits. This would also help me adjust to the college course load, and help save money.

Clare

The University of Mary Washington is very well known for their historic preservation courses and majors. It is also strong in Psychology and Business. The University of Mary Washington is also known for having many more female students than male students attending.

As I reflect on my senior year of high school, I realize that one of my biggest fears about attending college was branching out, leaving home, and taking on bigger and better things. I based my decision of going to the University of Mary Washington based on the fact that it was close and comforting. The best advice that I can give students making the transition from high school to college, is to not be afraid, but to be excited. College is an opportunity to grow as a person and develop interests that will carry you throughout the rest of your life. If you are like I was, and are hesitant to take the next step to adulthood, do not base your college decision on relativity to home and comfort, but instead choose a school that intrigues you, inspires you, and challenges you. If your University encompasses all of these aspects, it is time to take advantage of your opportunities and use each day to learn something new.

When I talk to my friends about the University of Mary Washington, I tend to brag the most about the appearance of the campus. It is very beautiful, with old red brick buildings, large white columns, and towering trees. I also brag to my friends about the friendliness of professors and students on campus.

Angela

My classmates are young but nice.

My classmates are young but nice.

I can't think of anything bad to say about my school.

When I was in high school, I knew that I loved numbers. My mom and guidance counselor encouraged me to go for accounting. Once I got to college and into the upper-level accounting courses, I realized that I didn't like it at all. It was then that I realized that I should have not been so dead-set on one major. Rather, I should have explored other options. The reason is that I've come to realize that if you're going to be working for 30+ years, then you need to like or better yet, love what you're doing! Also, I would have told myself to finish preferably before having children. I now know how hard it is to work full-time, go to school half-time, and take care of a 5 year old boy! It will be worth it in the end, and I don't regret anything, but it would have been much easier on myself to finish school. I am going for Computer Science and Mathematics now, which was similar to what I was good at in high school and will guarantee me a successful career and life!

G.

As a college junior, if I could go back in time to my high school years, I would not worry so much about living in a dorm because that's where I've met so many of my really good friends. I would take more classes outside of my comfort zone, like computer science, and read more for fun. I would be more open to a more diverse student body, and I would have tried to learn more rather than just get good grades. College for me has been all that I had hoped plus more.

open-minded, someone who likes small classes and is not interested in varsity football or basketball. You get a great education for an amazing monetary value.

Phyllis

People who like a big school with a lot of students. People who dont like to go outside and look at the beautiful campus.

I would tell myself to study harder in my AP classes so I could get those extra credits and be able to register early for classes. I would tell myself to stay organized because I definitely need to get that back. I would tell myself to apply for colleges and scholarships at the beginning of the year so i would not worry about where my funding is coming from and if I have any at all. I would tell myself to have all the fun I can because in college for me, it's study,study,study. I would have also told myself to take summer classes so i can graduate early.

University of Mary Washington administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.