Mayaguez, PR
University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez

Kimberly

Out of my college experience, I have developed a lot of skills so far to help me succeed. I've learned to manage my time more efficiently than I did in high school. With my busy schedule, I tended to put things off until a later time but in college, I learned to do everything right when I get the task. This definitely helped me to not be as stressed out and I would not have to worry if I'll get something done or not. I have also learned to be flexible. It is easy for me to adapt to changes because college isn't like high school where everything is usually a fixed plan. It has been valuable for me to attend college so far because I am receiving a great deal of education that will only help me succeed in the future. Everything I learn now will be useful throughout life and my career. Some people are not as fortunate as I am for being able to have the college experience where I will learn anything and everything to be successful in my lifetime. Deciding to attend college is the best decision I will ever make.

Gilberto

UPR Mayaguez was and it's still considered the best Engineering School in Puerto Rico.

Attending the college/university contributed and enriched my personality, attitudes and human being. It was the best experience ever reached. I am very professional, highly capable and great leader in my work thanks to all academic exposure. I am actually interested in completing a Master's Degree in order to continue into the next career level.

The best of their classes. It's really hard and you must be a full-time student to be able to success and graduate as detailed in the curricula (program designed for 5-years bachellor's degree).

David

Since I have been attending college, I have found myself looking at everything from different perspectives; "Thinking outside of the box" if you will. College has taught me to be analytical but open minded. For example, when one states the word "luck," one may instantly think "good." But, luck is not always good. Is it? This is just a small example of how college has helped me look at the world in a different light. Information and knowledge is key for progressing professionally as well as personally. My college experience has given me both. College, for me, has been so valuable, there is only one word I can use to describe it. Priceless!

Yinet

After attending college, I realize that every step of the way towards your bachelors degree your are preparing yourself for the workforce you are going to enter once you start to work. If you want to suceed in life it is curcial that you take very seriously your education. I like to call it your pre-work environment. The tecnics and skills that you obtain throw your university life will determine what kind of professional you will be. The college experience will also mold your personality and values, you will become a new you with all that you have learned. If you gasp this experience with both hands, when you graduate your will be a very sucessfull person in every way you can. University is not only about books and academics but also in learing and experiencing new things that will make you a better person. Its your desicion what you absorb and how you perform in college, but please keep in mind that you are handling you furture with your desicions. With all this in mind my college experience was tuff but I survive and this experience has made me who I am now. A great human being.

This is one of the most challeging college in the island. The students should have excellent studing habits, well focused on their furture. This college is an excellent answer for students that want to study, engineering, science, math. Any profesion related with natural science.

This is not a college for slackers. If you do not have good studing habits it's not for you. If you want to study social science there are other alternatives that might be better for you.

Karla

The University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez Campus is the best university of Puerto Rico because have diversity of academics programs this programs are competitive and recognize in the world. For example the engineering programs is very important. Many multinacional companies recluting the students in this campus for example Nasa, Procter & Gamble, Verizon, Job Goverment Federal in others. The professors are very competitive. The different acredition that have the different school.

The University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez Campus is very compettive academics for this reason always I want studies in this campus. Before attending a the campus I want know about the opportunities in development a the students academics and profesional, the different sport activities and the different programs about the internships in the company.

The most frustrating is the difficult academic because in this campus is strongly competitive academics. Many students have a good grades.

Competitive, the best university of the country and prepares students for their future professional life in an excellent way.

The academic quality. Students graduate well prepared.

I was able to join Student Chapter Societies related and non-related to my studies. I worked in community service such as gathering garbage from surroundings. I had 2 valuable internship experiences through the university; one during the semester in a pharmaceutical factory and the other one in the summer with the Department of Defense in Washington DC. These internship experiences contributed to obtain various job interviews by participating in a campus job fair. Now in graduate studies I have noticed that the preparation I have is sometimes superior to those that attended other universities, making my education extremely valuable.

Desiree

My classmates are like my family, I got the time to know them very well, and they are now part of my life; they always help me when I need them and I do the same.

In this school year I had learned the importance of knowledge for my future. I've learned to be a better person and always give my best. Not giving my best, does not mislead others, but to oneself. It has been very importan to attend this University because it has helped me understand how important it is to be a person that it gives always their best. I have learned a lot of things there, but I think that these are the most important and the ones that I will use trough my life.

The best thing about my school is that it is a very spacious place when you have the opportunity to discover new things every day. You also have the opportunity to have some free time when you can think about yor things and know yourself better, because it is a very quite place and the people are lovely and kind.

Luis

I did learn how to take advantage of every free time to study. I learned how to survived far away from home and how to interact with students and profesors from a variety of backgrounds.

I wish I had known all the available programs to help the student on their classes. Also all the available coop and internship programs.

The person who should not attend to this school is the person who doesn't really want to study. Those students that go to the university only because their parents make them go, also, students who can't survive by themselves (live, cook, study, etc).

Titania

College teach me learn, educate yourself and be able to work as a team member but also as an individual. Classes and research are explosion of information, one must learn how to introduce and link all this knowlegde to used it. I consider that college and professor and mentors is just a tool and that the person must do the rest. There is a always a probability that you would not remember all the class materials but you will be familiarize with concepts, ideas and theory and know where have you heard it before and do a review. Also give you the option to explore different field in campus. Valuable because its a achievement and is part of steps if one want to become and have a profession. Education should always be welcome

The serious intelectual student that want to learn that come from disadvantage economic background. It the best prestigious University of Puerto Rico in engineering and science, give the best opportunity for the majority of students. One must get involved in all aspect that the University give, go see the drama club, work on campus, do research and have a social life.

There is not enough class for enrollment. I understand limits but the administration should consider at the first place that 13000 student attend this University (Second largest University of Puerto Rico) and be more prepare in schedule-enrollment. Cause that students wait for hours for a few class, talking to department and counselors and with a chance that the correspond department will not open for more students.

Randell

Before attending college, I could not even speak in front of a group of people. Now, I teach recovery techniques and substance abuse ed. to groups with addiction and/or mental health issues. College has given me leadership abilies/skills needed to make a difference in my community and help people rebuild their broken lives into productive, well balanced lifestyles. I have learned how to effectively counsel and motivate these unfortunate people, give them hope (that they can achieve their goals and produce rewarding results) and help them measure their growth/accomplishments which keep them excited about their changing lives.

University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.