Ponce, PR
Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico-Ponce

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico-Ponce

Teresa Isabel

Curretnly as a freshman student I feel great in the university. The curriculum is very complete and I think will give me the best tools to work in my profession. I like the campus a lot, the structure is very simple. Most of the professors are very cualified, and expect a lot from the student. But like in all the places there are some bad teachers.

Wilmarie

Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico is a good place to study any career, because have the tools to realize them.

Lysvette

Its a great school, however, they should work on how they treat visitors and the people who come to see the campus. But I do love the way the professors act and teach. They tend to use a lot of visuals and tend to demonstrate what they teach with objects. The campus is huge and has a lot of green areas, good eating places and there's a lot of places to just chill and study.

Valeria

My college it is a place that motivates you to go and study in peace.

My college it is a place that motivates you to go and study in peace.

My college has the best programs tha any college can give in my country.

When I first started the college process, I was so certain that I would be going and applying to specific colleges. Throughout the process, be open to change. What you think is your first choice when you start the college application process, may not necessarily be your first choice by the time you make a selection. As soon as your senior year starts, engage in a mission to find yourself. Senior year may be the ‘end’ of a chapter, but it can be a chance for new beginnings. Don’t hesitate to try something new. Senior year is often the only time in high school that you can take more than one elective, try new content areas. If you attend college determined to make learning and growth your priority, you should regularly take the risk to try new things, if you go meet your professors personally, and if you claim the campus as your home, the odds are very high that you will walk across the commencement stage in four short years with a profound sense of satisfaction. A successful college career requires years of hard work, and you can't expect to be a success without devotion and sacrifice.

Natalie

Now I'm in my third year of university, and of course in some ocassions I want to get back to my senior year of high school. The transition that I have to pass (be a senior student in high school and then start college life) was not easy, but not difficult at all. I think that I take the way of college life quickly ( be more responsible that I be in high school, more responsible in my works and my classes, etc). If I have the oportunity that come back to my high school senior year, and prepare for the college or university, one advice that I give myself, is to: work hard, have excelent grades that help you entering to the university, be more responsible than you are, studying more than you study, have a ver good GPA and maintain her, and of course pray to the first person that would help you, God; and accepts advice for your family and people that want the best for you. It's your future, and in your future, only you and God, know the things that should be pass.

The best thing of my school, is the green areas. In this areas, the students get socialize, studying, eating and other things that they do. Personally, I like the ambient, because help you to stay out of stress and to concentrate in the best mode to study. Also i like it, because is a great ambient to hang out in the lunch time with friends; and for studying of course.

Personally, I consider the worst thing about the university, are the bathrooms. Not all the bathrooms in the university, but only a few bathrooms in specific buildings are so not in the conditions that the students want. Other thing, is all the mosquitoes that are in the campus.

Yeraldy

If I could acctually go back in time yo my high school-self I would first of all tell my-self to get grades a bit higher, if I had grades a bit higher I would acctually gotten granted some scholarships. Also I would have love to tell my-self that is not half as bad as I thought, I was scared that it was going to be very very hard. The other thing I would've tell my-self is to get some credits in advance in a program in the same university I wanted to get into. Another thing I would've tell my-self is to get some more credits a semester, I acctually am behind on credits but is because I don't have the money to pay for them. And finally, I would most importantly tell my-self is to be confident in me , my-self, be sure of what I know in a class and speak up. I had problems with some profesors because of that mistake. Those are the things I would say to my-self if I could go back in time and talk to my-high-school-self.

The kind of person who should attend this school is a responsable person and a open minded person. Since is a Catholic University I think also catholic students.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is the type of person who is pesimist.

Dixie

Although the university is Catholic, it is very accepting of those whom are from other religions and/or are of a sexual orientation unaccepted by their beliefs. There may be a few professors whom are fanatics of their religion and are maybe a bit extreme, but overall it's great.

If I could go back and speak to my highschool self I would tell myself about the differences in the way the university is carried out. That the university is not similar to highschool in the way that the classes partake. I would remind myself to review as much as I can because I cannot always remember the information necesary for the exam unless I review regularly since the classes aren't on a daily basis. I would also tell myself to learn how to manage my time. In architecture, it is really easy to get lost in the amount of work that is due in a week and sometimes I would forget that other classwork is important too! I would have told myself to be stronger than ever before, but not to be so hard on myself. The university is very important and some sacrifices are to be made so that I can make a future for myself, but I shouldn't go too far as to end un sick and unable to work in my assignments. Lastly I would tell myself about the wonderful people whom I would meet and they would become my friends and support system.

I wish I had known more about their architecture program in comparison to other schools of architecture.

Sheenarai

Okay, I’ll keep this short and honest: Do what you really want, believe in the choices you make and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. No one, absolutely no one knows you better than yourself. Only you can take the right path. Live a little and take the risks because all they say about college is a lie. College is no different than the real world and if you follow other’s choices you will end up with a life, carrier and unhappiness that were not you. So be brave and dare because the truth is you already know what you want.

I wish I could of remember that no one knows me better than myself. I wish I would have trust my instincts to do all that I wanted and took some chances to do internships out of the country. I wish I would have been fierce to defend my rights and intolerant to receive less than I deserved.

Sadly there's preference, not clearly stated but those that spend time in the universities office and socialize with professors tend to get more help in all aspects, including economical ones.

Luis

to keep studing an to get a degree because this will help you get a better job that mean a better way of life

Alexiris

My university is fully competitive and high professional growth.

My university is fully competitive and high professional growth.

My advice to myself is still strugglin and are in the end to achieve your dream.

Anyone wanting to have a good future and be useful to the community regardless of color or race.

Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico-Ponce administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.