Sioux Falls, SD
University of Sioux Falls

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Sioux Falls

KATE

University of Sioux Falls consists of closed-minded conservatives focused on football and money instead of academics and community service.

As I stare with tear-swelled eyes at my student loan balance, I wonder if it was all worth it. Had I forgone an education like the one I choose, I may not have learned the law of diminishing returns, the basics of calculus, or how to speak German. But what terrifies me even more is the thought that I may not have learned the most valuable lesson: try new things. I have never been one to stand out from the crowd for fear of being criticized. But these four years have become a whirlwind of new experiences. Had I not tried new things, I would not have discovered my passion for running 10k's and painting, had the opportunity to mentor young girls with running, applied to law school, went out for the school musical, donated 250 meals to the homeless, or interned on the legislature. Those tear-swelled eyes, I realize, are of pride, not frustration. The lesson I have learned to try new things is one that cannot be included in tution prices. It is a lesson that is far more valuable than the number on my student debt statement--one I hope to never forget.

Missie

to do better in highschool. I really thought that it wouldnt do me that much good, but when i wantedthe scholarships, i could not get them. It would have been worth it to kick it into geer before now.

the parking. people who live on campus do not even have a place to park without walking really far. and its cold. so, when people who live off campus come to school, there is absolutely without a doubt, no place to park.

a christian, well-rounded, positive person.

One thing I would tell myself is to not be afraid, I was so nervous to go to college but it has ended up to be the best thing for me. I would also tell myself to just be myself, and to not hold back on who I truely am. I would also tell myself that everything happens for a reason and that God is on my side no matter what.

One of the best things about college is that you get to express who you are, and the proffesors press you to think differently than you ever have before. You in a way have a intellecual freedom, you also can express who you really are and people will respect that.

I go to a private college in wich we have the oppurtunity to express our relationship with Christ, and I am growing closer to him through the envirment I am around at college. My college also has an amazing community, you fell like you can be yourself.

A very welcoming Christain school that makes everyone feel welcome and part of the campus life already!

I would tell myself to keep studying hard, and to talk to professors when you feel uncertain about a subject the class is covering. Try to get out and meet people. Be yourself and you will do fine in college.

There is not a person in the world who should not attend this school, but people should go to a school that they feel fits themselves best.

Caitlin

The University of Sioux Falls is best known for our outstanding Christian backgroud, our devoted teachers, and, of course, our football team. This school is probably out of most peoples comfort zone, but because of the dedication and exceptional classes and teachers, it becomes a second home to most.

College is a time for intellectual development, emotional maturation, and learning one's most pivotal life lessons. It IS the experience of a life time, but it?s not all about school. The most important lessons to be learnt aren?t those in the classroom, but those in your everyday life. Let yourself grow as an individual and don?t be afraid to stand out. Stop living life afraid of being recognized as different?instead, strive for difference. Most importantly: dont rush. College is difficult, stressful, and terribly horrifying, but they're the best years of your life. This is where life happens. Don't let it pass you by because you're afraid of doing something wrong. Make mistakes, learn lessons, and don't forget to love every second of it. Be the person you've always wanted to be and prove yourself wrong.

I dont feel there is only one certain type of person that should feel comfortable attending this school. I hesitated drastically before agreeing to attend this school because of the "Christian College" factor, combined with my lack of knowledge about the Bible. As I look back on it now, I couldn't imagine going elsewhere. I never understood those who live their lives for Jesus, but now I do. I've learned a lesson that will change my actions, thoughts, and life style for the rest of my time here.

Jacquelyn

Dear Jacki, College is great, and you will love it! I know that you can succeed in all that you do if you put your mind to it, but right now the paths that you are going down are going to make it harder for you to make money for college. Sometimes, you choose to have fun and in turn make bad decisions for yourself, over doing what is right-- making the good grades, and right choices. You will only benefit from taking the extra time to study for your biology tests, and doing the homework with dedication to bettering yourself. Save up your money, spend it wisely, be kind to those around you, get the good grades you are capable of, ditch the boys, and stop wasting your money eating out all the time! You are a good kid, and you will make it! With love, Jacki

I believe that the worst thing about the school, is the lack of punishments following a student's failure to comply with the rules. With the label of Christian Liberal Arts, USF should uphold the moral backbone in all aspects, but they often fail to step in and reprimand the student properly so the behavior is not repeated.

I love the sense of community that USF has. The people, students, staff, and faculty, are all very friendly and pleasant as a whole, and I really feel like they work together to have others around them succeed.

Alyssa

My classmates are friendly and always will to lend a helping hand; I have been able to find my niche here at the University of Sioux Falls.

If I could manipulate time in order to give myself advice about my future I know it would have taken a significant amount of stress out of my senior year. I would go back and tell myself to trust my instincts and don't ever doubt myself when it comes to what I can achieve. It was very stressful trying to decide if I should attend the University of Sioux Falls or not. As a private school the cost was out of my price range. At times I felt that I was making the wrong choice and that I would regret focusing all of my attention on USF. However through hours and hours of applying for scholarships and having a job I have been able to afford tuition this year and do not have any regrets about my choice. While at times I think it would be nice to go back in time I know that in the end I would not change any experience that I have had, both good and bad. Each of my different experiences has shaped me into who I am. You never know how drastically one choice could affect the outcome of your future.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of money for the theater program. We have an outstanding director and all of the performers just want to bring in new people so that we can share our love for theater and the fine arts. While we do have enough money to put on performances it is aggravating when we do not always have some of the things that we need or the recognition that is deserved after all the work we put into a performance.

Liz

My classmates are some of the kindest people I have ever met and I feel blessed to have them as fellow students, friends, and role models.

Hey Lizzy! Take a deep breath! College is NOT as scary as you thought it would be. Your professors really care about you, and you have made some of the best, most genuine friends ever. Your classes challenge you, but they are definitely manageable. You can still make time for recreation and fun, and there are plenty of parks and camping in the area. Dorm life will teach you incredible space management, and course schedules will teach you impeccable time management. One effective planning method is to make a priority list for your homework. Finish up assignments in the order they are due, and DO NOT put off big projects just because they are not due until the end of the semester. Make sure you get at least seven hours of sleep at least five nights a week. Audition for the musical, and hang out with your friends when they invite you. Keep your dorm room open and get acquainted with your neighbors. This is a fun stage of life, so try not to be so stressed that you forget to enjoy it.

Students who are interested in following God's will with other Christians will feel comfortable at USF. However, there are also many students who are not religious, and they fit in well too. People with a high moral standard and have upbeat outlooks on life should attend USF.

Danielle

Our school is probably best known for our football program. We have won the national championship 3 years in a row now, I believe. A lot of guys that come here are recruited for football. Academicly, our school is most known for producing mass numbers of teachers. There are quite a few elementary education majors that graduate from USF. Our school should be best known for the faculty's attention to students because it is so great. Every professor here is willing to take special time out of their day to make sure you are helped. USF is great!

Knowing what I know now about college life, I would tell myself not to have so many expectations. As a high school senior, I had many expectations as to what college life would be like. I pictured myself having an awesome social life with all the free time in the world, basically living THE life. My dreamt up life was great; so I never really prepared myself emotionally for college. When I got to school, I had no close friends and didn?t know any faculty. I felt lost and alone. To say the least I never expected that to happen. If I could go back in time, I would have utilized all my resources in the field of college searching. I never did many campus tours, and I would spend more time doing so. There are many great people, for example; high school guidance counselors, there to help you make your decision about where to go. The second piece of advice I would give is to not be hasty with your decision about your major. Most of my friends who came into college with a major have changed it now. I say, take generals until you?re definitely sure.

People who come here generally like sports and close knit communities. Most people here are engaged in a sport or other activity. Also, Christian background is somewhat important to our school, too. Here chapel is not required, but it is a good quality to have because I'd say about 99.7% of people who attend are Christians. Also people who like small class sizes would like our academics. If a person is friendly, most anyone can learn to like USF. Our two big majors are education and business, so that is another thing to look out for.

Tyler

Its a small school so I know most of them or have seen a majority of them around campus.

That I should have asked more questions. Asked around and talked with more students and athletes of how it is around the school and campus. Just to be more aware of my surroundings.

I would say our meals. There isnt that much of a variety and seems to eb the same thing every week.

University of Sioux Falls administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.