Collegeville, PA
Ursinus College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ursinus College

Abigail

what i find unique about Ursinus College is the amount of art on our campus. We have the largest number of statues of any campus on the east coast which is a great way to be exposed to art and culture while recieving an education.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i wouldnt give myself too much advice other than to continue to be myself. i feel that in college i have been true to who i am and made the transition in a way that i wouldnt do differently, given the opportunity. I have become involved in college life as an office in student government and in my sorority and i think that through both i have taken on responsibilities that are taxing in the best of ways and i am learning a lot from the experiences. i also feel that the transition to college was not very difficult given that i had the opportunity to work at a summer camp for a few summers, so if i could give advice to someone else in high school, i would suggest an away from home experience to learn the responsibility that will be necessary to them in college.

the most frustrating thing that i find is theinternational house becuase the foreign exchage students all choose to live there, rather than living amongst the rest of the student body in more of a mix so theres less of an exposure to other cultures.

Rodolfo

Ursinus College has a very small campus that helps with social skills which help to improve the communication throughout the student body. The instructors are very friendly and have a special connection with all of the students. The tutoring and mentoring in the college is on of the best in the country in my perspective.

If I had the ability to go back to my senior year in high school, I will definitely give myself the most important advice, which is to improve time management. Time management seemed to affect every aspect of my education. If I don't know how to manage my time when it comes to entering college then I would not be able to set time aside for extracurricular activities, studying time, and time to socialize. The biggest impact that my misuse of time had on me was that I didnt dedicate enough time to reading, which would definitely have made a difference before entering college.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is predominantly white. The diversity on campus is not as good as it could be. Besides the lack of diversity on campus, I believe the school is wonderful.

Christopher

A small school helps land a bettwer job. Smaller classes gets you more invovled, teachers are very concerned about your future. Campas life is great and the food is great. I"am learning a great deal at this school. Love playing football at school.

Study in school. Prepare yourself for school and living away from home,start making good choices.Make sure you stand up forself do not listen to anyone else pier pressure.

Jaemi

Learn how to pace yourself with work and STOP procrastinating! Your teachers and parents are there for a reason and make sure you're on top of your game for a reason, everything is work towards the BIG GOAL. People who learn to manage their time effectively early in their education will sail through college, and they will have the most success. Never give up, nothing is impossible, and certainly no workload is impossible. If professors/teachers ever make you feel like they're making you do the impossible, prove them wrong and kick ass!

I believe the best thing about this school is the CIE course offered and required to all freshmen students. It really introduces them to the liberal thinking the school would like their students to do, and they really want their students to be well informed of things happening outside the safety bubble of their lives. A lot of outside knowledge and material is presented and students are encouraged to step outside of their comfort zones to really think the way others have. It's a new experience, and great opener to the rest of the 4 years of college.

Someone who enjoys partying or needs to socialize all the time wouldn't belong especially because students uncommitted to being a fulltime, dedicated student will inevitably fail or get poor grades - charisma & extra credit won't work here. People who'd rather experience a setting completely different from highschool should attend a larger university. Here, most people know each other, become friends, take class, or work together.. classrooms are usually 15-30 students, the largest lectures are probably for psych100 (~70 students). You interact & have easy access to professors, it's awesome and GREAT help. Good quality teachers (biology & chemistry).

I went to a high school that prepared me extremely well for college. Acacemically, I had no problem transitioning to the college environment. My parents also prepared me extremely well for college (they did have practice with my two older brothers). There are a lot of freshmen that go wild when they get to college because their parents never let them experience enough at home. Yes, the rush of newfound freedom is great, but I was never one of those kids that went buck wild, so high school senior me is in the clear. I think the one thing I would advise high school senior me is to enjoy being home with your family more before leaving. In high school people would always get caught up on the idea that they're leaving their friends. I think the toughest thing is actually leaving your family. You're going to miss lounging around the house, having mom or dad cook you dinner (one of the best things about going home, I promise you), and just being able to call out "MOM" and have here answer you, even if it is in an annoyed tone for yelling. Enjoy being home, best advice.

I actually felt like I was pretty well-prepared to go to college. When I came here on a tour in high school I knew exactly what I was going to get when I enrolled. I guess maybe the one thing is that I wish I knew my major. I came to UC to major in Spanish, but switched Sophomore year to Exercise and Sport Science. That put me a little behind in courses.

There's nothing I really hate here. The thing that I probably complain about most is the weird statues we have all around the campus. Most of our statues are these huge block people that just sit in the grass. There's these other groups of statues that are just giant pieces of rusty metal sticking out of the ground. My roommates a tour guide and she says a lot of people like the art. I don't know where it came from, but it's definitely unique.

The first thing I would tell myself is to focus. I would say "Ashley, don't wait to look for scholarships and don't ever just assume that the school will give you everything you need. Be more independent and don't rely on anyone to do things for you." I would remind myself that scholarships don't just come in the mail looking for you. I would tell myself to always remember what I learned in College Summit: all the information that got me farther than 50% of other students. I would tell myself that people are competing with me and in order to make it far you have to work harder and faster and better. I would tell myself that no is going to hold my hand even if I may need it. I would tell myself that alone does not mean lonely and sometimes alone is best for progress. I would caution myself to be careful who I trust because not everyone is out to help. I would tell myself to live a little but work more. I would remind myself that loving myself is better than loving everyone else.

The kind of person that should attend should be family-oriented, fun-loving, and community-focused. They should be open-minded as well as firm in their personal beliefs. They should be willing to work hard to take school seriously but still be ready to party after their work is done.

The most frustrating thing about Ursinus is how expensive it is. They do give very good financial aid packages but the price is so much. And maybe that's a good thing or maybe it's not. It's just a bit stressful knowing that a good education comes with a very large price.

Philip

Small enough to know you. Big enough to serve you.

Small enough to know you. Big enough to serve you.

Be yourself. Work hard . This will benefit you in the future. Get involved. Rely on your insticts!! Good Luck!!

Travis

Beautiful campus, tough academics

Beautiful campus, tough academics

The best advice I could give to both students and parents about finding the right college would be to first visit as many places as possible. On your visits talk to actual students who aren't going to tell you what you want to hear, but instead tell you what the college is really like. No one knows what it is actually like better than the students. As for making the most out of your college experience I would recommend stepping out of your normal comfort zone. Make the extra effort to talk to people and try new things. Take advantage of the privilege of being at a college or university.

My classmates are hardworking students that all have the drive to succeed and do well in the future which pushes everyone to do the best that they can in class.

In order to find the right college, make sure you visit the college/university you are applying to. Also, pick a college based on the majors offered at the school and not based on sports or clubs. You are at school to learn and provide yourself with the steppingstones for you entire future, not for parties and activities. I have watched friends pick colleges based on sports and then dislike their college academically. Also, when picking a college, make sure it?s a smart one financially for you and your family. Paying for college is difficult and you don't realize until you are attending a college. I made a mistake of going to an expensive school, and I am now paying the price now because I am having trouble paying for it. Just be sure to make smart choices and remember that you are in control of your future and no one else.

The best thing about Ursinus College is the atmosphere on campus. The students are really welcoming and make one feel like an equal. The professors are always willing to work with students whenever they need help. Also, there are countless clubs and sports to get involved in to make the college experience a fun and easy transition.

Whitney

My school is best known for their pre-med and biology programs and their international relations and pre-law progams. They are known for gymnastics and field hockey.

When finding a college, don't discard a college because it is not an ivy league or a very popular school. Try your best to sort out your interest and goals before searching and see what college offers the best programs. Also be sure to look at how many people from that college go on to graduate schools and what sort of schools they get into. It is also important to find a campus that is diverse (as the real world is that way) and is full of people who may challenge your ideas because part of college is discovering who you are and reassesing your values and beliefs. Also make sure there is cultural events on campus pr nearby if you want them because your social well being is just as important as your academic well being. You learn a lot more by hands on experience than reading about a topic in a book. Finaly, make sure the college offers real life experience in your field because while a job (or the paycheck) may sound interesting on paper, it may turn out to be mundane or require you to do things you are not comfortable with. Look for stimulation.

The worst thing is that my school is not politically diverse and some professors make this a standard for their teaching and grading. Also, you do not always get the classes you want as it is a small school and classes usually fill up pretty quickly depending on the class.

Ursinus College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.