Wartburg College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Wartburg College

Wyatt

Wartburg college is a beautiful college thatbis well maintained year round. They offer a larfe selection of majors and minors as well as a great assortment of quality extracurricular activities. The only downside of wartburg comes from individuals, but not from the college as a whole.

Liberty

I am sure that the pandemic has made everyone's college experiences duller this year, but as an incoming first year, the college experience as a whole has been a bit disappointing. However, I do not blame the college for this, because the faculty and older students had clearly been trying their hardest to make the experience the best that they could within the circumstances.

Alex

I love Wartburg so much! I have met so many amazing people and everybody is so friendly and welcoming. The professors are extremely helpful and the class sizes are a great size to get the help that you need. The atmosphere here is a great and the sense of community makes you feel like you belong. There is no other college I would rather be at.

Maribel

I would say that the college could work on diversity, academic material reevaluation, and new teachers. It is the perfect school for people who are conservative, reserved, and set on life goals. The campus is small and students are very involved with sports and band.

Wartburg is my home, I literally say going home or coming home. I fell in love the first time I visited, it's super safe with good food and amazing people. It challenges you but it's an overall fun experience, I wouldn't trade it for another school. There are also lots of scholarships so even though it's a private school, if you have good grades, participate in music, etc, it's definitely affordable.

The visit was nice

Stacy

I got a great education and had a lovely college experience. The only thing I didn't like about Wartburg was the cost. It is definitely on the more expensive side. Wartburg is good about providing scholarships, but the cost of college still adds up very quickly.

Anjela

I have enjoyed my time here so far and I cannot wait to continue my education here. I love the atmosphere and the people. There are a few things that could be improved such as some dorm updates, but I think overall as a college, Wartburg is wonderful.

Camille

It is a pretty good school. Everyone here cares about you and wants you to succeed. It’s a very tight community, everyone knows everyone, even the President knows every students name and face. It is a very nice campus and the sky walks are an awesome feature.

I love everything about the school. It has a wonderful and friendly atmosphere and the people there are really nice. I love the campus facilities and their food too. Their sports teams that I want to play for are very good and competitive and cant wait to play basketball and run track for Wartburg

Mckenzie

I love it! I would like to attend here in the future.

Shilah

Wartburg has provided amazing opportunities, but at a significant financial cost. We have great musical ensembles, winning sports teams, goals for sustainability, and clubs for anyone and everyone. Being a music major, however, I see most of our budget go towards the athletics department. We have a gym available to all students that put the institution into serious debt, followed by several cuts to staff and faculty. The college struggles to budget as tuition continues to rise to an unreasonable amount. To the financial aid office, I feel as though I am only seen as a dollar sign rather than a student with a single parent doing everything in her power to learn and thrive. There is no forgiveness for being of lower socioeconomic status. I have met wonderful people here and had extraordinary experiences, but paying off my personal debt for these experiences, memories, and education will prove to be extremely difficult.

Nick

I feel that Wartburg College is great for people who like small class sizes and knowing everyone at the school. Personally if I were not in a sport I would not be here only because I want to go to a big university. It is a very friendly environment and I would recommend anyone that is okay with a small campus and enrollment size.

Adam

It is a good college, but it is very expensive. One major problem with Wartburg is its accessibility. I have a blind friend who has a hard time here because nothing is labeled in braille (even though it should be by law). Other than that, it is a welcoming and wonderful school.

Alexis

I believe that Wartburg College provides a quality education for its students. With smaller class sizes, professors and faculty are better able to accommodate student needs, as well as be more available on a one-on-one basis. Wartburg is very dedicated to getting students out in four years, and I feel they are able to achieve that. If you are an athlete, academics and athletics are very easily combined, and same with the fine arts. There are several places where you can feel you belong and it's very nice. It feels like home, it feels like you belong, and the faculty and staff make everyone feel valued and important.

Carina

Wartburg College is a tight-knit Lutheran community. Most students are either involved in music or in athletics. Dining options are below average-- meal plans all cost the same, and healthy options are extremely limited. If you don't party or go out, it can be difficult to socialize and make friends; however, as classes become more rigorous for upperclassmen, I feel that this attitude will change. Wartburg is academically challenging and expensive.

Shaila

I love the school. There is a lot of support from students and faculty. However, there are minor things that come with going to a small private college and it's that you know everyone or you know of everyone. It gets kind of boring sometimes if you are not used to living in a small town. The campus is very safe and students keep each other accountable for the most part. Another thing I really like is that May Term exists and it's absolutely a wonderful time to have fun and relax while only taking 1 class during this term.

Moriah

Moving to any new place is hard and scary, not only that, but it is also a huge shift from what is known to what is unknown. Moving can create a lot of internal questions - such as, what is a home. Wartburg College is a place that you can come to call home. If you are looking for a small school where deep connections, lifetime friends, and authentic learning can be pursued and found, then Wartburg just might be the place for you. Outside of Wartburg's academic strength, you will also find a great place to pursue hobbies and your passions. Wartburg will give you and has given me, an opportunity to grow and become the person you want to be. It is a wonderful place to understand who you are in the world and who your willing to become. But most importantly Wartburg College is a safe place, a place - if you let it, can become your home.

Weston

Wartburg College is not just a college to me, it's a home. People treat one another as if they were family. Additionally, there are countless organizations that are available to join that only heightens this feeling of family. Everyone has a chance to be included and I love it there.

Kelsey

I really love Wartburg College. It was my number one choice, and I honestly would love to graduate from Wartburg. It has a small, yet absolutely beautiful campus, and amazing facilities. Class sizes are small, and the professors genuinely care about how you are doing academically and personally. My only issue is the price, and the lack of resources. I'm currently going through an extreme amount of stress over paying off this semester so that I can stay, with the knowledge that I may be forced to transfer after my second year because I won't be able to afford it. There is nothing I can do, even though I'm a good student. Overall, the school itself is amazing.

Edvin

Awesome place and great people, they are there not only to teach us school classes but also to teach us to grow as man and help us be successful in our lives and communities. College location is Awesome. Small town but very close to other places, such as shopping places.

Kristen

Wartburg College is a college that strives to challenge its students. Transitioning to college was tough but through the support and help of my professors and peers (a mix of upper- and lower-classmen), I was able to make it through. The dorms are decent to live in and the Mensa food can get very bland after a while, you will enjoy your time here because of the friendships and connections that you have made. Wartburg is a warm and loving community that has always made me feel safe. I never feel homesick (ok, maybe I do miss my dog every once in a while) or burnt out (balance your time wisely, kids). Wartburg College has provided me with my first dose of independence and self-assurance in my future plans, and I am thankful that I chose to go to Wartburg!

Ryan

Wartburg College is a small Lutheran college in Iowa. The overarching positive is that it has great academics with professors who care. Wartburg is a great college for those who went to small town Iowa and never had a large high school experience. They claim to be a Christian college, but that is not seen nearly as much as the sports and band influence. Student's will feel apart of the college if involved in sports or band, but if they go for the "typical college experience" they should search else where for a cheaper and more diverse activities. Would recommend to those who want to continue playing a sport or perform, but did not receive any larger scholarships else where.

Kahri

My opinion of Wartburg is very positive, as for the 3 days that I had visited, everything was very up-to-date and neat. The housing on campus was clean and had a common room and activities. The Mensa had great food, as well as the Den-Rittersaal. The academics here are fantastic and there are many very intelligent teachers and professors willing to help out.

taylor

I like how some of the teachers are willing to help you and they just want to help you pass and graduate. Their football, volleyball, track, softball and girl’s basketball teams were great this year they honestly improve every year I truly think that we have some great coaches who really car about not only the sport but academically and that just want the student-athletes to be successful. Even the students that are not athletes the teachers just want them to and want to see them succeed. I also really love our campus it is so homely and welcoming.

Luca

Wartburg College is a Fantastic school with caring staff and students. It isn't very big, but it has a homey feel and is nice enough for me. The classes are not very big, making it an easier learning environment. Wartburg overall is highly recommended from many people, including myself. It's a great fit for me.

Wartburg College is a fine establishment. The small class size makes your education personal. Your teacher know who you are and what you are passionate about. At Wartburg, you are not a number on a roster but a name, face, and personality. The school has its weaknesses though. The business office is often unorganized, the food is better than high school but will drive you crazy after four years, and there are cliques. The students are passionate though and super involved. You won't find another organization where the average student is involved in 3 or more things. And the music program is phenominal.