Fulton, MO
Westminster College-Fulton

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Westminster College-Fulton

Westminster is a small, but very open campus. The students, faculty and staff are all extremely welcoming and friendly, and make sure the needs of each student are met. The campus is racially and ethnically diverse, allowing for much learning outside the classrooms. The small town feel allows the campus to feel like one big family, which is absolutely wonderful. The close knit campus is great, especially when adjusting to college life and being away from home. Westminster is a wonderful place to learn, live, and meet some of the most interesting people.

If I had the ability to talk to myself as senior, the first thing I would stress to myself is, relax. As a senior, nerves are running high with the anticipation of moving away from home, being away from all known friends and family, living with strangers, and being placed in an unfamiliar campus that at the time seemed enormous! Throughout high school, teachers warn "college is going to be much harder than this!" Well, although the warning may have been a bit intense and overwhelming at the time, they were exactly right. I would let myself know that, yes, college is much harder, but in a wonderful way. College is challenging; it is new and different, yet exciting and stimulating. It expands thinking and reasoning in a way that a high school student may not have thought was possible. Most importantly, I would like to let my high school senior self know, as tough as something may seem, there are hundreds of others who feel the same way. I would want myself to have known as long as I keep myself focused, prepared, and excited, I am going to be able to handle whatever is thrown my way.

Westminster College attracts a wide variety of students. Anyone looking for a small town, close knit, learning savvy environment would abosultely love Westminster. However, students on campus must be driven, intelligent, able to think on their feet, and have an open mind. There are plenty of teachers willing to help each and every student, but the student must be willing and ready to learn, and apply themselves above and beyond average.

Heather

I would tell myself to not be so anxious to leave home, i miss my family and friends from school. I would also tell myself to trust my family and to let my self have fun to not freak out as much about the future. That yes my grades my first semester will not be what i wanted, but, that they get better the next semester. To not be scared to ask for help. To not get into that fight with my best friend ( my biggest regret). Quite frankly, those were the worst two months fo my life. I needed her more than ever, i needed to tell her that i was scared that i would not have any friends and that i wouldnt like my suite mates. that i wanted her back in my life...no...i needed her back in my life. We did start talking again and we know now to not trust what certain people say about eachother. I know this went off subject but thats what i would have told myself in highschool my senoir year, to trust my best friend to not go two months over the summer without her.

The type of person that should come here is the type that dont mind working hard. They work you very hard and try to get the absolute best out of you every single day, and make you do things you would have never thought you could. They are so willing to help, which is why i love comming here. This is also a liberal arts college which means you will have to take classes you wouldnt normally take, but i love that fact. These people should be very dedicated and willing to work hard for their future.

people who should not attend this school are the kind of people who dont care about their future. It is very important for people to want to come here not just to get a degree. they will not last very long if they are not dedicated, attendance is a big deal here you ahve to be in class or you will not have any idea of what is going on. If they dont care dont bother comming.

Kelli

There are many things I recieved and am still recieving here at Westminster College. I have made many friends and enjoy being around them daily, and have learned how to share a room with one of those friends. Sharing a room with my roommate has taught me how to better address problems I might have with something, since before I could just ignore the problem and let it slip to the back of my head. At Westminster College I have also learned what I need to do to maximize my education experience and to do the best that I possibly can at all things, courtesy of the accelerated learning program here. I have also gained job experience here at Westminster College. I learned that I will not always get to do exciting things at work, but that those things are necessary to succeed. Without Westminster college I would never have come out of my shell, and shown more people who I really am all of the time, instead of just during private times with close friends and family. I believe that everything I learn here at Westminster College are things that will help me the best me possible.

When applying to this school I was provided with a great deal of the information I needed to know about this school before attending. The admissions office gave me the answers to any questions I had, as long as I asked them. Because of this, I do not feel that I needed to know anything that I did not already before coming here to Westminster College.

Any type of person could fit in quite well at this college as long as they are willing to get involved with something on campus (i.e. clubs, activities, sororities/fraternities, etc...) and are willing to learn and study hard. Since Westminster College is so small, it makes for a close nit community, so someone coming here would have to be all right with knowing most to all of the students on campus and be able to get along with people, even though most people at Westminster College are very friendly.

Myra

When I first started college over 10 years ago, I was very nervous and unsure of myself. Attending a Jr. college allowed me the opprotunity to have an easier transition from high school to college. Now, 15 years later, I have had the experience of attending both a Jr. college and a prestigious 4 year college. It is of value to me to attend college not as much to increase my wages (although that is a nice perk) but more so because of the opprotunities to be a valuable asset to my community, and to the communities around me because of my education and experiences. Attending college has also allowed me, being the oldest of my generation in my family, to be an example to my siblings, cousins, and now my own children. It has also allowed me to be a more effective mentor to the youth and children in my church and its surrounding community.

Alexandria

My classmates are always very willing to participate in class discussions, and group projects.

My college experience so far has been great! I feel at home here and I have met several people that I think will definitely be life-long friends. I think it is really neat that I am able to choose not only which courses to take, but also the professor that I think will benefit me the most. It has been valuable for me to attend because I feel like I am growing into a better person, and it is a great environment to do so. Also it is valuable because I am not only gaining knowlegde in my field of study, but also about everyday life. I am involved a lot on campus, what with basketball & other organizations, and I believe that, in itself has made my experiece ten times better.

I consider the small class sizes and the student to teacher ratio to be one of the best things bout my school. It is awesome because the ratio is 14:1, and all the teachers are real understanding. The largest class size is no more than 35 kids, but on average it is somewhere around 25 kids.

Alicia

They are all easy people to get along with; they all have common goals.

They are all easy people to get along with; they all have common goals.

It's a small campus and it's one of the few colleges that allows undergraduate students work with human cadavers in a gross anatomy class.

I would tell myself to learn to manage time better. I've noticed that can be a problem. I also would have told myself to apply myself more during my last semester of high school instead of thinking I was done and I didn't need to. I think I would tell myself to at least think about getting more involved. The last thing I would tell myself is to have fun. High school is meant to prepare you for college but you shouldn't forget about having fun. If you do, it makes high school boring and something that you may end up hating.

My classmates are outgoing, diverse, caring individuals.

My classmates are outgoing, diverse, caring individuals.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself a metaphorical 'chill pill' and sing the song "Let It Be" by the Beatles. I was much too stuffy in high school, particular about the tiny details of every single matter, unforgiving, and constantly stressing myself worrying about grades, work, sports, and clubs. It took me only a semester of college to grow out of this negative spirit and to learn to be a positive, optimistic, caring person who can see the big picture of things and not just the tiny details, and I can finally appreciate my friends and family for the amazing people they are. I've learned how to keep a 4.0 at a competitive, liberal arts school while still making plenty of time for the clubs I really care about and being able to have a wonderful social life at the same time. My only wish is that I could've figured out how wonderful it is to be like this in high school and to have come into college with the joy I have now found.

People who are not open to different cultures or ideas or who need to be in a fast-paced social setting should not attend this school.

Dai

Westminster College is small and friendly environment.

Westminster College is small and friendly environment.

They're from everywhere around the world so you meet people from places you never heard from before.

What you think life would be better if things worked out the way you wanted to is not true. Just stay the way you are. Everyone's different.

If I were a senior in high school, I would look at more schools than I did. I did not want to leave for school senior year so it was difficult for my parents to get me to look at schools. I would have visited more school--especially out of state schools so that I would be better able to make my decision about where to go and where I would be happy. I learned that a small campus is not where I am most comfortable and looking at out of state state schools would have been benificial. Had I done this, I would not have to look at transferring.

A person who should attend this school is one who is able to handle a small environment where everyone knows everyone else's business. The school is good academically but only if people can handle it being small.

Zachary

I would definitely try to make better grades. I would also face up to the fact that I have ADHD and would seek help. Being prepared for college only gives you a head start. Also, I would take a few college classes at the local Junior college.

If you're main interest is partying, then this is not the school for you.

Westminster College-Fulton administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.