Winston-Salem State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Winston-Salem State University

Tireka

My overall opinion of Winston Salem State University, is that we all are a big family, and I would recommend any body to come here to enter to learn, and depart to serve.

Aniyah

Winston Salem State University is growing. Every campus have their flaws, but I actually notice that when students are asking the right questions faculty are dedicated to helping solve the problem. The professors help students understand that even though it is a HBCU they have to learn how to be competitive with other students from other universities. The campus is currently getting bigger as new buildings and technology is being embedded into the campus.

Dominique

I love my school! I am so happy that I was given the opportunity to attend one of the best schools in America. I have met so many people that genuinely care about me and my future after college. There is hardly ever a dull moment at WSSU. I am so proud to be a Ram! We have a saying, chew tobacco chew tobacco chew tobacco spit if you're not a RAM you're not shhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! #RamPride

Jabria

I absolutely loved my experience at Winston Salem. Yes, every school has their fails, but I wouldn't regret the choice I made to attend here. There is always something to get into on campus and may opportunities to enhance your future career + college experience. The Greeks aren't always out, but when they are it's lit. The dorms can do for some renovations though.

Kendra

I have attended Winston Salem State University for 3 years. I have really enjoyed my experience here at Winston. Our professors and staff are very well mannered and they really do care about not only our education but our mental health as well. I feel as though that is a very important resource of our school that is often overlooked. It is very vital for students to take advantage of this resource because I now for a fact that college can be stressful. Our therapist are very supportive. Not only are the therapist very helpful but even the teachers. I love our campus and facility we really are like a big family I guess that is why they call us a RAMily.

Zadadria

Winston-Salem State University is the best decision I've ever made. Being here makes me feel like I'm at home. There's a place for everyone no matter your race or background. WSSU has exceeded my expectations for my college experience and truly helped me to find my purpose in life, and has done everything to help me get there.

Kyla

When I first decided to attend WSSU, I chose it for two reasons: 1) I had family who went there years ago, and 2) To see what it'd be like to attend a historically black college or university. It's no surprise that sticking through with that decision was the best choice I could have ever made. It's more than just a school for me- it's my home. There's an ora, a vibe, that Winston students give off that makes other students and vistors alike feel comfortable and accepted. So many various activities from the Student Government Association to the Math and Science Clubs. There is always something on campus for everyone to be apart of. Attending Winston-Salem State Univeristy has molded me into the woman I have always wanted to become. The intellectual, dedicated, God-fearing woman that can now put her mind to any and everything she has ever wanted to be; and I am more than gracious to my illustrious university for that.

Onneya

I enjoy the Winston Salem the school and community. The staff is very helpful and it's like a family. They is many community service activities. There are many campus activities to get involved with. The have transportation for you to go grocery shop

Keishara

Winston-Salem State University is a wonderful institution to attend. We have the best nursing program in the state of North Carolina. The highest graduation rate for HBCU's in the state as well. The students and faculty are so welcoming; they really try to make new students feel like there are at home.

Aviana

Cons: Some departments are unorganized. Housing accommodations are not up to par and short during the beginning of semesters. Pros: Great family atmosphere Access to state of the art equipment for medical field. One of the nations top nursing programs.

Miranda

I love this campus, there are wonderful opportunities for everyone to succeed and to do something they are interested in. The professors actually care about you and your future endeavors, not to mention everyone is so nice! No matter what you're involved in the leaders always make sure your academics come first.

Alexandra

I like the energy and the social activism. The professors are truly there to help. However, the campus is close to some bad neighborhoods, and I have had a lot of trouble with administration (e.g., financial aid, parking, etc.). There are great people who work there, but they also let a lot of incompetent, unhappy people on staff who don't seem to care for working with students.

Justin

Overall, my experience at WSSU has been nothing short of amazing. The on-campus vibe is very inviting. This past semester has been short indeed, but during that time, I met a lot of good people. Including my professors, everyone seems to be so caring about their fellow Rams. RAM PRIDE!!

Quinden

So far I love Winston. Everyone on campus is nice, friendly, and helping. It a good size, not too big, not too small. Professors are great! You will not leave their class unsure of anything. Most of the dorms are nice. Any Alumni I've talked to has always said good things about Winston, everyone that attends the school loves it.

falyn

As a visitor at Winston-Salem State University, I believe that the university lives up to it's expectations in all aspects.It creates an environment for students to live freely with support from their peers and school and are able to receive a quality education. I recommend this school to a lot of scholars.

Sakeah

The Illustrious Winston Salem State University is the best school to attend. My first year was a blast and I maintained outstanding grades. I am truly blessed and grateful to be attending this college because being a Ram is what I have always wanted to be.

tiyana

I will be a freshman at Winston-Salem state university in just under a month. I went to visit and everyone was just so nice and friendly, I didn't feel out of place or unwanted at all. Nothing was disorganized or confusing as far as anything. Everything seemed to be a pretty good environment.

bernadette

i love my school its a very at home atmosphere i felt like i was at home when i first toured and now as a current student i still feel at home i made the perfect decision coming to wssu and there is room for improvements but they are working on it my school is progressing :)

Alycia

Overall, I love the school and I love being apart of the nursing program. I've learned a lot in such a short amount of time and the professors are very knowledgeable of the courses they teach. I really enjoy the overall culture of an HBCU and I'm glad that I choose to attend this university.

Tyrique

Winston-Salem State University is a great school with great experiences. Their plenty of activities and events that can keep you active and focus. You can learn many different life lessons from attending all types of events. I believe, I picked the best school in which I can pursue an career into.

Tyonna

Winston Salem State University is an amazing higher learning institution. The over all environment of the campus is outstanding. My favorite aspect of campus is that most people and organizations are really big on community service. Our motto “Enter to learn, depart to service” is something i want to stand by and am proud of.

sarah

I enjoy the campus,the structure and architecture of the building makes me feel home. It is peaceful and very encouraging to be concentrate and study. The staff members are very welcoming and patients. The surrounding area is also safe,shuttle always available.

Joshua

As a Sophomore at Winston-Salem Sate University the overall institution is amazing. If your looking for a college that makes you feel at home and welcome then Winston-Salem State University is where its at. Winston Salem State provides all the resources that a college student would need to be successful in their profession or career. If you want to attend a college with true culture and ethics Winston-Salem State University is the way to go. #RamPride

Beauty

Winston Salem State University is a very beautiful school with a lovely campus. The town of Winston Salem is very peaceful and welcoming. The class sizes are nice makes you feel right at home knowing your able to communicate with your professor and have a good established relationship with them. Winston Salem State University brings something different for everyone no matter your major. Come join the Ram family and see for yourself how beautiful they are!!

Ikia

Winston-Salem State University is an amazing school for anyone who is seeking a career in the medical field and if attending an HBCU is important to you that's another great advantage about this university. This campus also has an amazing walking/biking trail for those who enjoy nature and if you don't have your own bike the school's workout facility allows you to rent bikes for free! Some negative things about this school is some of the freshmen dorms and the food the cafe provides. Other than that Winston-Salem State University is a great school to attend.

Jasmine

I've attended this university for two years thus far and I can honestly say I've enjoyed it to the fullest. The environment for me is so family like, I love the school spirit and the desire to learn. "Enter to learn, depart to serve", is something that we, Rams live by. I would recommend this school to anyone looking to attend an HBCU!

Melodee

Winston-Salem State University is a great school, where we may not be perfect, but we are a family. We come together for games, extracurricular, and even in times of need. The HBCU feel in prominent on campus, but there is something for everyone no matter your race or ethnicity. Everyone is encouraged to get involved on campus or even in the community.

Faith

I LOVE this school. It is family orientated. This faculty is very nice and they care about the students. This school is not a big party school. They can have fun on the weekends but when it is time for school to start they are all about their work. I love the friendly environment.

Bethanie

Winston-Salem State is one of the most beautiful schools in NC. Also, the best HBCU in NC. I would encourage anyone to attend this wonderful school. The culture there is vast. There are plenty of things to do. The campus will make you feel like you are at home. The cafe food is also amazing. Professors are always there to help when you need them. Winston Salem State University is the school that will accept anyone the way they are. It is truly beautiful.

Camille

Winston-Salem State University is an amazing HBCU with a beautiful campus but the staff is amazing as well. The WSSU staff from the cafe prep to the university president are all dedicated to the academic success and personal growth of the students who attend. I would recommend anyone to become a part of the RAMily at WSSU.

I literally love my school to death. I LOVE MY HBCU! I honestly believe that this is the best choice I have ever made. There is nothing about this school that I dislike or that I would change! The professors are always there for the students. The WSSU family or as we call it "Ramily" are the most supportive bunch of people I have ever met in my life. There are so many opportunities to be great on this campus. If you choose WSSU I promise that you will not regret it.

TaNia

Winston-Salem State University is a good HBCU everyone is family and enjoy all the activities and games and participate in campus events. We meet new people and seeing who are our real friends are . WSSU has taught me a lot from freshman year to sophomore year and having new friends and working with people who have the same major as me and taking the same classes and getting through the classes as an whole.

Autumn

I have visited this campus a couple of times , I felt comfortable talking to the students and staff. My opinion of this school, it has a family environment. It's not to big or small. I felt right at home. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. The student guides were very engaging and knowledgeable. He answered all the questions asked. He was also willing to entertain the group of visitors and kept everyone smiling. This really inspired me learn even more about this campus and/or university.

Best decision I've made for myself so far! I had a choice between WSSU, ECSU, and A&T. I chose WSSU and I love it here! The culture, the history, the sense of community, the professional yet friendly staff, and such a personable Chancellor! I absolutely love it!

emani

Attending Winston-Salem State University was one of the best decisions I've ever made. It's a great well rounded school, and the atmosphere there is undefeated nor can it be found on any other campus. I love the people, the environment, and the opportunity WSSU provides. Each and every day I see why it's so hard to be a ram! Go rams!!

Nyla

My over all opinion of Winston-Salem State University is that I really enjoy the school. I appreciate the many people that I come encounter with because they make me feel welcomed. That kind of welcoming is spread throughout the entire campus. I love the many opportunities that the school provides. Also the different activities on campus allow for me to meet new people and grow connections that may be helpful in the future.

Cameron

I like the environment and the vibes that everyone gives off. Everyone is friendly and easy to get along with. The staff is very well trained and the resources on campus are very helpful in order to complete my task. Overall is a very good school to attend.

Joynika

WSSU overall is an amazing school. There’s a lot of interaction and it’s a family environment. However, there’s a down side, some staff have attitudes you have to stay on them or they’ll forget all about you. The food is pretty decent, but I prefer Chick fil a!

Jamel

It is a great university but has a lot of flaws in certain areas especially financial aid. We need more assistant so students can get help with school if they need it . But other than that is it a great school to attend it is very diverse and most of the teachers are there to help out but a few doesn't take time to help students in need .

Sequoia

I strongly feel that Winston-Salem State University is a second home to me. When I first stepped foot on campus, I was instantly welcomed in as family. The professors, upperclassmen, and even alumni’s are always there to help and will be there for you during your whole college experience. Becoming a Ram at WSSU was one of the best decisions I could have ever made.

Mylesha

My overall opinion of Winston-Salem State University is that I absolutely love my university. Not only do you receive a great education but you also meet people from different states, cultures, and race. They provide many opportunities for you to become involved on campus. Most importantly, the thing I love most about my university is that we are a family. We help, encourage, and love each other. We leave nobody behind because together we all make it and for that I love my historically black college.

Christian

Winston-Salem State University has always been a part of my life growing up less than a mile away from campus I really love the school and everything they have to offer. Being accepted to this school and going there is a dream I would love to come true and I feel as if being there it would being out who I really am and crack open my shell.

Desiree

It is amazing

Jada

I love my school overall!!! It may not be a luxurious or big as other schools, but that doesn't matter because my HBCU is the real deal. At my school were ramily (ram family). We look out for each other and don't let anyone else come for us because then you got the whole school coming for them. Academically I know that some professors are doing their job because they want to see us make so they stay on top of us about being in class and doing our work to pass. We have our flaws, but who doesn't. The school system and the people who work there sometimes make me angry but I wouldn't trade the school for the anything else. This is where my heart and my home is and our culture is true and real which I don't see anywhere else.

Tarvarya

My overall opinion on Winston-Salem State University is that we are a big family here on campus we really help each other when one's down or if we just need a laugh for the day. We are a very positive institution we a encourage others to get involved on campus and enhance our networking skills with other people from different cities and states.

Wensdale

I love Winston. The environment on the campus is amazing. The people on campus are very friendly and welcoming. The staff is very nice and are very responsive. They do need some improvement with there speed in services. Overall the school is amazing.

Jacquez

WSSU is one of the best HBCU’s I have ever been to the culture is outstanding, the environment is live and full and the students are all willing to help and talk. The facilities are all up to part and very nice , overall the school spirit at this school is just outstanding.

Ryan

Winston Salem State University, is an illustrious and elite institution working hard to turn studnets into sucessors. The campus is beautiful and spacious. The students are interactive and all get along very well. The housing is lovely and seems like a great place to stay and a great work and study enviroment.

Damarius

My opinion of Winston Salem State University is that it is an ok school some of the people there are friendly and some are not and the professors are easy to get along with and as for the school in general I love their dorms especially the ones that I got to live in which included refrigerators and ovens and best thing about the school is that I get to graduate from it and get my diploma.

Amaiya

It’s not what everyone think it is. When entering I had high expectations for it. Actually attending the school academic wise isn’t too bad their professors are okay. Housing is terrible and it seems like the staff there don’t care for nothing. I will still attend the school though .