Most students know that they must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to find out their Expected Family Contribution (EFC). The EFC is a relative measurement of the student's ability to pay for school, and this number is often used to determine the amount of federal and state assistance available. This is a good start, but the true Cost of Attendance (COA) is often different than the sticker price. Most students have expenses beyond tuition, including room and board, books, and other costs. Before turning to student loans, students with financial need can look for scholarships to help close the gap between their EFC and COA. Our Scholarship Directory for need-based scholarships is a great place to start.
The QuestBridge College Match was created to fund complete scholarships to lower-income students so ...
This scholarship is for high school juniors who have achieved excellent academic results and are fro...
This scholarship is open to U.S. undergraduate and graduate students who have been diagnosed with cy...
This award is available for minority law school students who live in or attend law school in the San...
This award is for graduate students who are enrolled full time in an allopathic or osteopathic medic...
This award is for available to Alabama students who are from families in which the head of the famil...
This scholarship is for high school seniors who have caddied, successfully and regularly, for two or...
This scholarship is for students ages 18-25 who are enrolled in an accredited college or university ...
This award is available to New Jersey undergraduate students who demonstrate educationally and econo...
This award is available to Ohio resident undergraduate students who are planning to attend an eligib...
This scholarship is available for U.S. and international students who are currently in their junior ...
- Athletic Scholarships
- College-Specific Scholarships
- Company-Sponsored Scholarships
- Full List of Scholarships & Grants
- Merit-Based Scholarships
- Minority Scholarships
- Our Scholarships
- Scholarship Contests & Sweepstakes
- Scholarships by Major
- Scholarships by State
- Scholarships by Type
- Scholarships for Graduate Students
- Scholarships for High School Students
- Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
- Weird Scholarships
- $1,500 - I Have a Dream Scholarship
- $10,000 - Unigo $10K Scholarship
- $1,500 - Sweet and Simple Scholarship
- $2,500 - Superpower Scholarship
- $3,000 - All About Education Scholarship
- $1,500 - Fifth Month Scholarship
- $1,500 - Do-Over Scholarship
- $1,500 - Flavor of the Month Scholarship
- $1,500 - Make Me Laugh Scholarship
- $1,500 - Shout It Out Scholarship
- $2,000 - Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship
- $5,000 - Education Matters Scholarship
- $1,500 - Top Ten List Scholarship