Most students know that they must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to find out their Expected Family Contribution (EFC). The EFC is a relative measurement of the student's ability to pay for school, and this number is often used to determine the amount of federal and state assistance available. This is a good start, but the true Cost of Attendance (COA) is often different than the sticker price. Most students have expenses beyond tuition, including room and board, books, and other costs. Before turning to student loans, students with financial need can look for scholarships to help close the gap between their EFC and COA. Our Scholarship Directory for need-based scholarships is a great place to start.
Applicants for this scholarship must be 25 years of age or older and attending any degree-conferring...
This fellowship program is open to Rhode Island residents who need financial assistance to acquire e...
This scholarship is open to undergraduate students who are residents of Bristol, Rhode Island. Appli...
This scholarship program offers financial assistance to a Rhode Island high school senior who demons...
This scholarship is available for U.S. high school seniors who are members of, or whose parents are ...
This scholarship is available for undergraduate and graduate students in Arizona who are self-identi...
This scholarship is available for high school seniors in Maricopa County, AZ who identify as LGBT or...
This scholarship is available for Maine undergraduate students who plan to pursue a career in culina...
This scholarship is available for Rhode Island high school seniors whose parents did not graduate fr...
Graduate students who show an interest in pursuing a career in advocacy through public affairs, lobb...
This award is available for U.S. students who are members of the Public Relations Society of America...
- Athletic Scholarships
- College-Specific Scholarships
- Company-Sponsored Scholarships
- Full List of Scholarships & Grants
- Merit-Based Scholarships
- Minority Scholarships
- Our Scholarships
- Scholarship Contests & Sweepstakes
- Scholarships by Major
- Scholarships by State
- Scholarships by Type
- Scholarships for Graduate Students
- Scholarships for High School Students
- Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
- Weird Scholarships
- $1,500 - I Have a Dream Scholarship
- $10,000 - Unigo $10K Scholarship
- $1,500 - Sweet and Simple Scholarship
- $2,500 - Superpower Scholarship
- $3,000 - All About Education Scholarship
- $1,500 - Fifth Month Scholarship
- $1,500 - Do-Over Scholarship
- $1,500 - Flavor of the Month Scholarship
- $1,500 - Make Me Laugh Scholarship
- $1,500 - Shout It Out Scholarship
- $2,000 - Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship
- $5,000 - Education Matters Scholarship
- $1,500 - Top Ten List Scholarship