Most students know that they must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to find out their Expected Family Contribution (EFC). The EFC is a relative measurement of the student's ability to pay for school, and this number is often used to determine the amount of federal and state assistance available. This is a good start, but the true Cost of Attendance (COA) is often different than the sticker price. Most students have expenses beyond tuition, including room and board, books, and other costs. Before turning to student loans, students with financial need can look for scholarships to help close the gap between their EFC and COA. Our Scholarship Directory for need-based scholarships is a great place to start.
This award is available for LGBT students and allies who reside in, or attend a college in Kentucky....
This award is available for U.S. and international high school seniors who self-identify as a gay, l...
This award is for U.S. female students, who are college freshmen or older, and are members of a soro...
This award is available for U.S. students who are graduating high school seniors attending one of th...
High school seniors graduating from Clear Creek-Amana, Linn County, or Iowa County high schools in I...
This scholarship is available for high school seniors in Lynn County, Iowa who demonstrate academic ...
High school seniors graduating from high schools in the metropolitan Linn-Mar, College Community, an...
This award is available for U.S. high school seniors of Czech, Slovak or Moravian heritage who are g...
This scholarship is available for high school seniors in Linn County, Iowa. Applicants must demonstr...
This scholarship is available for Houston-area residents who self-identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual...
This scholarship is available for U.S. undergraduate and graduate students who plan to enroll in a p...
- Athletic Scholarships
- College-Specific Scholarships
- Company-Sponsored Scholarships
- Full List of Scholarships & Grants
- Merit-Based Scholarships
- Minority Scholarships
- Our Scholarships
- Scholarship Contests & Sweepstakes
- Scholarships by Major
- Scholarships by State
- Scholarships by Type
- Scholarships for Graduate Students
- Scholarships for High School Students
- Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
- Weird Scholarships
- $1,500 - I Have a Dream Scholarship
- $10,000 - Unigo $10K Scholarship
- $1,500 - Sweet and Simple Scholarship
- $2,500 - Superpower Scholarship
- $3,000 - All About Education Scholarship
- $1,500 - Fifth Month Scholarship
- $1,500 - Do-Over Scholarship
- $1,500 - Flavor of the Month Scholarship
- $1,500 - Make Me Laugh Scholarship
- $1,500 - Shout It Out Scholarship
- $2,000 - Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship
- $5,000 - Education Matters Scholarship
- $1,500 - Top Ten List Scholarship