Bellarmine University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Bellarmine University

Janet

Honestly, I love it. It is a pretty small school, but I like that since it means smaller classes and more one on one time with professors. Bellarmine is very friendly in general. I always feel completely safe on campus. We are known for being studious students and being focused on academics, but there are still fun events that go on campus and off campus.

Elmedina

It's a good school but it's not for me. A lot of my friends love the school but it doesn't fit my personality. I was expecting a city campus vibe since it is in the middle of Louisville, KY. The main campus is a bit too quiet mainly because it is situated in a suburban neighborhood. The positive side to that is you feel extremely safe. As I continued my college education, I've come to realize I need a larger campus environment.

katlin

I love Bellarmine. The campus is in a semi-secluded area.. it's basically surrounded by houses but not off a busy road. I thoroughly enjoy the class sizes of 16-30 students. 30 students only when there is a lecture hall, and the classrooms are up to date, specifically science classrooms which are great for me because I'll be taking many science classes due to my major. Over all, I love the campus, and the staff. Professors are willing to help you almost any time and they dedicate office hours daily, for up to 4 hours. It's great, and I can't imagine myself anywhere else. The only issue I have with Bellarmine is the cost of the college. It's expensive and that's why I have to apply for grants/scholarships.

Alyssa

Coming in to Bellarmine one would never imagine what they will get out of it. After only one year, I have had so many opportunities from job shadows to leadership conferences to amazingly fun retreats. I could not recount every event that I have been to this year and how many free t-shirts I got (we love our t-shirts!). While the shirts/food tend to get people to go to things, the environment and people are what make us stay. There is always a friendly face around encouraging you to try something new and get involved. Even if you fall down the stairs every single day without fail like I do, there is always someone to pick you up and make sure that you are okay. This is what makes me love Bellarmine no matter how annoying walking to freshman parking is (at least it is free) or how tired I get of eating dining hall food (although this wouldn't change anywhere else)!

Abigail

I love the campus and everyone here. You can never go a day without seeing someone you know around campus. All the professors and faculty are very nice and are always willing to help whenever they can. I would never want to go to another campus after being here.

Rebecca

Anyone who likes smaller class sizes needs to attend Bellarmine.

Kiersten

I've visited here twice now and I absolutely love it. The campus and surrounding area is lovely and there is so much to do. I've decided to come here as a freshman next year and I am so excited. The science department is fantastic and I can't wait to start research and classes and everything. Plus they have a bunch of great opportunities for study abroad.

Vanessa

I am going into my senior year at Bellarmine University. I've found it difficult to pay for considering I don't come from a family that can help, but the overall experience has been great. Teachers, peers, and alum are always available for a friendly conversation or to help with academics. It has created a network of people for me that are always trying to look out for me and it has given me an environment where I'll always have a friend.

Taden

Bellarmine University is not only a beautiful place to be, the atmosphere is encouraging and kind. Most of the other students I have met are there to learn and work very hard. As a member of the gaming club we do outside activities to help the community.

Brenna

Bellarmine is truly amazing. It offers a fantastic atmosphere full of love and compassion. Bellarmine provides students an outstanding education. There's plenty of things to do on campus everyday and there's hundreds of clubs to get involved in. Every member of the staff cares about the students and all of the professors will do anything to help a student be the most successful version of themselves.

Nicholas

It is a relatively small school, but it allows a positive environment for students to learn and grow. Easy to make friends, play intramural sports, and to get involved. I have loved my time at Bellarmine and have met some very important people in my life. Regardless if you make friends in your class or through friends of friends, everyone is very kind and prideful about their experiences at Bellarmine. Small classes make it a great environment to learn, and the professors are (for the most part) very easy going and want you to succeed. It is not a big party school, although there are groups that indulge more than others. Bellarmine has a very good reputation with the Louisville community and they offer many opportunities to help set you up with a job after graduation, along with offering career advisor opportunities to review your resume, transcript, etc. and they even have a mentorship program that pairs you with someone in your career field of interest to help students learn and grow into successful roles once they graduate.

Aniya

Overall I think that Bellarmine is an "up and coming" campus that has a great future ahead as well as a strong past. Within the city of Louisville Bellarmine has a great rep which is good when applying for jobs and internships. On campus there are always great things going on. One of my personal favorites is during finals week when the school brings in professional masseuses and puppies to help the students unwind and relax a bit during the stressful time. When first attending Bellarmine I was a bit worried about finding my place seeing that I am a bi-sexual African American woman on a predominantly white campus. Although Bellarmine does not have a large African American student population, there are places where everyone feels welcomed and feels that they can find their place. Bellarmine does a good job of having student activity groups for just about every interest. There is also an entire office dedicated to making sure you feel included on campus. The Office of Identity and Inclusion (OII) is a great resources to those trying to find their fit here at Bellarmine. There are also religion based groups, sports, and even sexual orientation.

Gabrielle

Bellarmine is an overall good university. The price is steep but the class sizes are small enough that you can get to know your professors. Some of the departments are not worth the price, Bellarmine seems to be at its best with the biological sciences, but it has its bad professors as well.

Allison

Bellarmine is not just a school, it’s an experience. There’s no one on campus who isn’t involved, no one who doesn’t absolutely love the environment. I am eternally proud to be a student at this school, and I will forever cherish the opportunities and memories I have made here.

Bellarmine University has only been my home for a year and a half now but I have never felt more welcome anywhere else. Amazing people. Encouraging teachers. Small class sizes. Beautiful campus. There is so much to love about this school. The academics are challenging enough to keep you on track but get you thinking about the real world and how to apply yourself. I’m constantly surrounded by people that are so supportive, even strangers! The staff and professors are so nice and encouraging as well. I recommend Bellarmine for anyone who wants to live on a beautiful campus and join such an amazing community!

Makayla

I transferred to Bellarmine University at the beginning of last year. During the time that I have been here, I have fallen in love with not only the beautiful campus but also everything else. The classes are small, which is averaging about thirty students or less. There are an enormous amount of clubs that students can do, and it is easy to create a new club. The professors are always there to help the students out. More importantly, I fell in love with how polite and kind everyone is to one another. The atmosphere of the place just gives students the idea that they are at home.

Brook

I like it a lot, it's a very friendly campus and it's easy to get help for classes if you need it. There are activities to keep everyone involved and there are plenty of clubs so that way no one is left out and if there isn't one, one can easily be made. They're big on community and that's comforting for those who come from places further away and are trying to adjust to a place they aren't familiar with.

Lilly

I visited Bellarmine this spring and I loved it! I can’t wait to see if I get to go there in a few years! Everyone always has a smile on their face and it makes you feel very welcome. The dorms were very spacious and seemed like the perfect place to spend four years. The class sizes seemed perfect, making it easy to learn and connect with others.

Alexis

Bellarmine is a community in a way. Everyone is really involved and friendly. The campus is very nice and the teachers that I have met have all been really amazing. People there seem to genuinely care about you. There are always activities to have fun but also they offer a wide variety of services to help better your education.

Sam

It is a fairly nice school. The food is bad and the housing facilities leave lots to be desired. The teachers are always available and most are very nice. There are many events that happen every week. They give out free shirts at every chance they can.

A very nice little university to attend. This is not the place to go if you are looking for a party lifestyle. There are so many fun activities to do on campus like Late Knight Bingo or Movie Knights. People here seem to really care about you, everyone you walk by will give you a smile. I love it here.

Tyler

Bellarmine is a great school with a great culture and a lot of opportunities to get involved. I highly recommend it and believe it is a great place to get an education. Students and faculty are always available to contact and you never feel like you don't know what is going on around campus.

joelanda

its a very great school cant wait to go !!

Marta

Overall, I have been thrilled with my education at Bellarmine! At an elementary education major, I know that Bellarmine is the right place for me. My first semester, I was in the classroom observing! The class size is very reasonable, always under students! My professors know my name and communicate with their students. My favorite part of Bellarmine is the amount of discussion in class and also out of the classroom! I have never met so many educated people who I can call my friends. Bellarmine is not only my school, but it is also a place to call home.

Emma

The Bellarmine difference is a big thing here. Class size is small and its very community based. There is always someone you know wherever you are on the very small campus. As far as classes go the teachers are overwhelmingly phenomenal and most will respond to emails within 24 hours. The smallness of the campus also makes it hard if you have a break up because you will see them everywhere. However the education is fantastic and the staff really care about each student. In terms of the music department it is very small. A great place to go for professors who will know you as a person and a student. Bellarmine University is a great school.

Shamya

I love the school and it has what I want in a school. I feel that Bellarmine has great academics and the sports and extracurricular activities that I want to participate in. It is a big school and it is right for me. This school is for me and I know it. It provides safety and friendly people and professors as well.

Richard

Bellarmine is an honestly incredible place. It's small and has somewhat restricted class scheduling, but it's completely worth it. Not only is the campus beautiful, but the people are all amazing. You get to know your professors one-on-one and they actually and honestly care about their students. It's one of the few schools where the teachers want students to learn and do well. Many courses are tailored so that students can come to understand difficult topics (for example, Bellarmine is one of the few universities where students don't expect to have to retake Organic Chemistry). Being a teaching university really helps, as the teachers are focused on teaching and not just research. Plus, the student life is incredible.

Faith

Bellarmine University is a great place to go if you are in the upper tax bracket. The physical aspects of the school are fantastic. It's a beautiful campus, resources are abundant, and there are so many fun activities. The school does a lot to make life enjoyable for the students. However, the spirit of Bellarmine is best described as competitive laced with lowkey classism. At one of the honors luncheon I attended, a speaker declared that our classmates are our friends- but also our competition, and we need to do better than them. An excellent statement for fostering teamwork. This disharmony is not specific to academics. A student in my Freshman Focus class bragged about his bank account fairly often (although otherwise, he was a pretty good guy). During a meeting with my advisor, I stated that I felt 'poor' in comparison to the Lexus-driving, gold watch-wearing students on campus. Her response? "36% of students have PELL grants. Now THAT's poor." While her comment was obviously not meant to insult, I was there on a PELL grant and received the message Bellarmine was trying to tell me loud and clear: this school is for the upper crust.

Timothy

I am really happy and excited to be starting at Bellarmine this coming fall. I know a few students currently at the school and they are learning a ton of things to help them learn and grow in this unique world I love in. I can not wait to get a jump start on life and following my career path. I love that the campus is close to the city but feels far away at the top of a hill.

Sydney

Although its relatively small compared to public-school colleges, I enjoy the smaller campus since it's harder to get lost when there are not as many buildings around. I also love the small classes, there are usually no more than 30 students in one class. Maybe I overestimated? Let's say less than 25. I live on campus in the Freshmen dorms--since I am a Freshman/First-year--and being there has a shortage of boredom. There are so many activities to do where ever you are, whether it be at the dorms or in the cafeteria. There is always something going on, the university's Student Activities Committee sends out an email every Sunday and Thursday to outline weekday and weekend events. In the dining hall, there are many choices for students from comfort food and home cooked meals to soups, salads and sandwiches. I have heard complaints that there are not many true vegetarian/vegan options offered however, so there is that. But I always get the home cooked style prepared meals because they remind me of home. Campus facilities are updated to the latest, computer-wise. Some of the A/C units could be updated, and there is sometimes a dusty smell coming from them. The dorms I stay in are older than some buildings, so there are bound to be some misses with the hits. As far as nearby places, the university is located near a street filled with many small shops, cafes and restaurants (as long as you're willing to pay for them) and it looks really cool! I have been down there a few times with friends. I am not sure of off-campus housing , so I was not sure how to rate it. Overall, I love attending Bellarmine University!

Sydney

Kylie

Bellarmine University is beautifully and wonderfully made for anyone and everyone. It has a unique environment that is extremely welcoming and gives off a sense of community that is unmatched by any other university, large or small. I have never felt more eager and ready to learn than at Bellarmine. I am on a personal level with each of my professors and I know that they are always there to support and help me in any way that they can. I am so blessed to find a place so welcoming and so diverse and I am eager to see how much I have grown as a person and student in the years to come.