Dayton, TN
Bryan College-Dayton

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bryan College-Dayton

Anna

I LOVE Bryan College. I understand it is not a perfect school. However, I think it is a place that fosters community. The professors genuinely care about me as an individual and it is a place where if you're trying to make friends you'll find them. I am a part of the leadership and culture department as an intern this year. Something special about this brach is it is fostering groups of students who do not just complain about things they don't like but genuinely step in to make a positive difference in our campus culture​. Cultivating these types of students is a powerful thing for our campus and I'm looking forward to what the coming years will look like.

Audrey

A wonderful school with faith based academics and phenomenal professors. In particular, a worldview class that I took this year has helped to shape my life for the better. In learning about God, the Bible, the nature of man, and the views of other religions, I was able to find Christ and develop a passion for learning.

Kimberly

Bryan College is a great school; it has it's problems like any school does. The facilities need work, and you can get sick of the food, but the people and the atmosphere is irreplaceable. The dorms have a nice homey feel, though they need some renovations. The professors at Bryan are always there to help you accomplish your homework and mentor you through any hardships.

Allie

Bryan College has an environment different than any that I have ever known. There is such a feeling of community that just overwhelms you. This year, there has been a lot of heart break and rough times that my school has faced. We started the year off with a scandal. Then in the beginning of the new semester, our school faced heartbreak as a fellow student had untimingly passed away. I saw my school come together as a family. Administration, professors, and students came together to grieve the loss of one of our own. There wasn’t a single person that felt alone in their heart break. Bryan College is more than just about what we learn in the classroom. Jesus is everywhere in campus. From “Christ Above All” on the entrance to the campus, to the Prayers led by professors as they begin their class. Christ is exemplified and love is shown, all while we gain the knowledge that we need to go and make the world a better place and show every soul Jesus.

Jordan

I love this college. I was terrified of what my college experience would be like, but when I came here, I was flooded with people who wanted to make friends, build community, and help each other in our lifelong goals. the faculty and staff are always available to help not only with academics, but also everyday life.

Katlin

Bryan College is an over-all tremendous experience! I love the small classes sizes (less than 60, and in many upper classes less than 20-30 depending on the major), and the atmosphere of learning. The teachers are engaging and always have an "Open door" policy. Many even reach out to students or go out to lunch with them on request. The materials are fast-paced, yet thorough; demanding yet applicable to every aspect of life. Especially the staff and facility, however many of the students as well are passionate for learning. Questioning and discussing with an open yet eager mind makes for the most intriguing conversations. The dormitories are very nice with lots of space and roommates pair based on many compatibility factors. Food is also a good feature as the choices vary often and the quality is more than adequate.

Abigail

I love being here at Bryan it has definitely became my home away from home. The faculty is very involved with students both in class and outside of class. They get to know us as people and genuinely care about our success in life, many of them keep up with alumni.

What's the Greek scene like?

There is no Greek scene at Bryan.

What do students complain about most?

My school has two complaints that I hear more than others and those are: We need better parking and I wish we had better food.

The divide between the athletes and the non-athletes.

Deborah

Bryan College, while it is a small liberal arts college nestled in the hills of the Great Smoky Mountains, it has large goals and great plans for its students as it teaches to become servants of Christ to make a difference in today's world.

I would tell myself not to stress out about the small stuff. For my first couple of years here at Bryan, grades consumed my life. I sacrificed the ability to make many lasting frienships and relationships with fellow classmates and peers because I was so worried about my grades. In my final two years at Bryan, my priorities have shifted. I have finally learned the balance between academics and relationships. My time at Bryan has taught me that my college education is more than the lectures I have heard, more than the weeks of studying, and much more than grades on my transcript. At Bryan, I was taught to value studious diligence, but more importantly, I learned to treasure the relationships formed upon this hill. This community has taught me the intricate balance between involvement, relationships, and academics that many college students struggle with. For that I am forever grateful. In conclusion, I would say to my younger self, take risks, make mistakes, go out on a limb and make some lifelong friendships. They are just as important as the degree that you came here to earn in the first place.

The most frustrating thing about my school is our current President, Steven Livesay, who refuses to listen to his faculty and students and instead has his own agenda.

Kalyn

This school is amazing: Christian-based, small, friendly, and very concerned with student success.

I would tell myself three things: do your absolute best in your last year of school no matter what, get an early start in looking for scholarships and financial aid, and definitely take advantage of both dual enrollment and summer classes! I could have saved myself a lot of difficulty and hard work in looking for scholarships my first year in college if I would have taken the first two pieces of advice. Now that I am taking advantage of summer and winter classes, I have a big jump on getting out of college a year early; I just wish I would have taken advantage of them sooner, especially more of the dual enrollment classes. Overall, I would tell myself to do your best and trust God, and everything will work out as it should.

The tuition is the worst part. It is very expensive but understandable since it is a small, private Christian college that recieves no money from the state.

Kristene

Everyone was very friendly and supportive.

Everyone was very friendly and supportive.

You are going to have a lot of struggles, and it will seem that you will never reach your goal. Remember that God has a plan for you, even if it is not what you want it to be. You will graduate, you will excell and you will achieve great things. Don't give up on your self, even when it seems that times are bad. It will get better, and you will have an amazing time!

You should be a person who is goal oriented, can self-regulate, and are organized; then you would do very well in this course structure.

Bryan College-Dayton administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.