Dayton, TN
Bryan College-Dayton

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bryan College-Dayton

Kaylin

Kaylin, playing two varsity sports in college will be tough, but, with your work ethic you will make it through. There is no need to stress out. You have made it thus far with a good GPA while juggling athletics and you will make it in college. When you have a bad basketball or volleyball game you need to remember it is not the end of the world. Doing well in school should be your first priority, so you are able to go on after undergrad and reach your goal of obtaining a masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology. You will learn many life lessons from being a student-athlete. Take all of it in that you possibly can, for these lessons will be foundational to your character when you graduate. Don't take advantage of the influence you will have on the student population as well as your teammates and the opportunity that you will have to invest in their lives. As an athlete you will be looked up to, shine and allow those looking to you see your dedication and passion to help other people, so that they too will be motivated to help the world around them.

Although small schools have positive aspects such as making close friends, sometimes this atmosphere provides for people being in one another's business. Sometimes people at this school portray that they are better than others, but it just depends on what kind of personality you have as to whether you can take it or not.

Bryan College is a small Christian College. At this school you are likely to make lifelong friends. The classes are fairly small which allows for frequent interaction between students and professors. Also, you are not "just a number" in the classroom. For the most part professors know you by name. The professors care about how you perform and they care about you as a person. I belive most professors at Bryan would go above and beyond to help students accomplish lifelong goals and be willing to help with any current hardships the students may be going through.

Jason

The class here are smaller and there is more of a community feel. It is easy to get to know people and build friendships.

As a student athlete at Bryan College, I would definitely prepare myself even more for the busy schedule of a college runner. I would have been more prepared for having to keep on top of my classes and homework with having to practice everyday and going away for mutiple days for various meets. I would also prepare myself more for all the written assigments and readings that are required. It was also hard to get adjusted to being so far away from my family and friends that I have back home and having to start all over again.

I wish I had known more about the surrounding community of Dayton.

Randon

When I look back on my senior year of high school I realize that I had no direction in my life. I was young, inexperienced and na?ve. I now know that I did not have my priorities in any order. Everything revolved around me, my personal life and my affairs. If I were to be able to go and talk to myself I know one thing I would say is grow up. I look at my peers and realize we all have a similar goal; make the world a better place. A word of advice I would give myself is to forget about who I think I am and go help make the world a better place. Take a break from school and see how you can help change the world. Service those around you. I can hear those words now. After you do that you will return and take the things you?ve learned with you. You would have grown up and become a man of integrity. I would find that direction in my life.

Sidikat

It is a sophisticated and diverse (majors and cultures) campus with many services and has a extremely home-like environment.

I would tell myself that I should not be overwhelmed by the counselors and my father who suggest that I am too good for community college, and that I was making a horrible decision. It is not true that 2 year schools are just for below average students. Students are just as studious as 4 year university and the tuition is cheaper. Entering community college before transferring to a university is the best decision that I have made so far because the 2-year campus helps to transition the student from a high school senior to a well-prepared college student. At El Camino, there is a learning community program for first year students that while seeming like a high school environment is actually preparing us to be self-sufficient by our second year of college.

El Camino College is quite diverse in terms of majors. It welcomes mechanics to nursing hopefuls. In terms of living, people who enjoy the dorm experience should not attend the school because it is a 2-year college with no dorms.

Carina

If I could go back in time I would advise my highschool self to apply for all forms of financial aid in college. I applied for FAFSA, and received a small government loan. My father co-signed a loan that paid for my entire freshman tuition. I relied on grants and loans in future years, but overlooked the importance of applying for scholarships. The following tells how I became ineligible for financial aid: I qualified for little to no financial aid, due to my father?s high income. My parents are divorcing and no longer want to co-sign for me. I went to the financial aid office for help, provided proof of my parent?s divorce, but I did not receive financial aid. My financial aid office could not help me finance my education, since I was not financially independent-my financial award depended on my parents' income. I did not have enough credit to obtain a private student loan, instead the financial aid office advised me to take time off of school and work full-time. If I could go back in time I would tell myself to apply for scholarships, so that I could avoid postponing school.

brittany

It is better to begin a four year school straight after high school. waiting or goig to a community college first can trememndously set you back as well as remove chances if friendship within ones own level. such as freshman, sophomores, juniors ad seniors.

Iif oe could travel back in time, i would re-visit my senior year of highschool i would tell and push myself to be more open, clamming up like a silly hermit crab does nothing for your social skills in comparisson to dorm life. not only would i ensure i was more open ,but i would advize myself against commuity college first. most of the classes from school did not trasfer.

the school is fairly strict, but rules are selected and governed by students as well as teachers.

Joy

Worldview and Community! Bryan is a small campus and the community here is strong. A student quickly becomes connected with the faculty and students on campus and Bryan truly becomes home. There's also a strong emphasis on worldview- defining what your worldview is and matching it up with what the Bible tells us and then using our worldview to make sense of the world around us and engage the culture.

If I could return to my senior year of high school, I would tell my 17-year-old self that while academics are important in school, the college experience is more than just about classes. Work hard in school, but don't miss out on friendships and opportunities to learn, grow and serve in areas outside of the classroom. Get involved in extra-curriculars, but don't try to do everything or you'll get burned out. Another thing I would tell myself is to not stress about relationships with guys during freshman year! When the time is right, the right guy will come along. In the meantime, be patient and focus on making friends (with guys and girls), serving, and studying instead of trying to find a boyfriend. You'll save yourself a lot of heartache and you'll be happy with the way you've spent your time. Finally, I'd say that the years go fast so make the most of the time you've been given.

Someone who is looking for a big school where they can just blend in. If you aren't interested in living for Christ and interacting with other believers, you probably won't like Bryan.

Lia

Bryan College is known for it's rich heritage of training young people to view and interact with the world in a way that maintains a biblical perspective. This idea of pursuing a Christian worldview was established at the forming of the institution, which is in keeping with the ideas of the man who inspired the college, William Jennings Bryan. If asked what Bryan stands for, most students would answer with community in addition to worldview. Thanks to the small size to the campus, there is a sense of community that is hard to find in many colleges.

I didn't enjoy most of my senior year of high school because i was constantly worried about what the future had in store for me. The one thing that i wish i had known was that everything would turn out right. Even in times of uncertainty we can have hope that things will change. Someone told me that the best thing about traffic was that there would always be an end to it. Even though the time leading up to college is filled with a lot of stress, it won't always be. Starting out at college can be a hard and overwhelming adjustment, but it is just a small part of your college life. I think that knowing that would have made me transition easier because then i would have spent less time thinking that the feelings of homesickness and awkwardness were what college would be, and more time looking forward to a brighter tomorrow.

The small size of Bryan is a good thing in many respects, however, it also can have its drawbacks. One example is in the sports department. Because Bryan is so small it can't support many sports teams. There are other opprotunities that are thwarted because there simply aren't the means to provide them. With the exception of a new coffee station, there aren't any options for food outside of the main dining hall. Many students wouls appreciate more variety, but it is not in any way feasible.

Justin

Justin, don't get caught up in the busy social life that is available to you at Bryan. There are going to be some quality, attractive girls at Bryan, but pay them no mind. Focus entirely upon school. Your freshmen year is the most important years to get acclamated to the college setting. If all you do is have fun and hang out, then you're going to fail and lose one of the biggest scholarships that you have. Thus, you will have to take out more loans to make up for the lost money of the scholarship. So, the biggest thing is, just go to class and study hard. The classes aren't too terribly difficult and you are capable of much more than you would have done had I not been here to give you fair warning.

Hmmmm, let's see, there isn't a whole lot that I wish that I had known before coming to school here at Bryan. Hahaha, maybe to just know that balancing your social life and academic life are a key component to doing well your freshmen year.

The thing that I consider the worst about Bryan is the way that some of the students don't really appreciate it here that much. Some of the students strictly come here for athletics and complain about how they don't like the certain rules that were place here because it's a Christian school. It gets annoying after a while to listen to them complain when they can just go somewhere else if they don't like some of the rules.

Monica

The music department and its focus on Christ.

The music department and its focus on Christ.

First of all, apply for as many scholarships as you can. College is expensive! So get a job, even if it's just for a few hours a week. Focus on using your time, every minute of it. You'll be at college soon enough. You don't have to waste time now wishing you were there or dreading being there; you need to spend your time with your friends and family. Don't stress so much about what college you will end up at. When it's right, you will know it. Work hard in school, but don't work yourself to death. And lastly, don't worry so much! Yes, it will take work, but everything will fall into place. College is definitely worth all the work you have to put into it.

How friendly all the students are, and how the professors are kind and actually get to know you as an individual.

Bryan College-Dayton administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.