Bakersfield, CA
California State University-Bakersfield

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-Bakersfield

If you work your hardest and never slack off right now during your last year of high school, college will be less of a hassle and more of a life changing opportunity.

I brag about how open my school is to different religions, learning disabilities, and different cultures. They don't judge anybody becuase of skin color.

Because I am aware of what I want to do, I would go back in time to give myself advice on what classes to take, what extra-cirricular activities to sign up for and which ones to avoid, and advice to be a more efficient and a better student. I know my career goal is to be a professional actor, so instead of wasting my time trying out for the football team to impress the ladies, I would tell myself to be incredibly active involved with the Drama department. I would tell myself that starting early in drama would not only help my acting career, but drama would also help me out in school. It made me more of a creative person and a fast-thinker. I would also encourage myself to take lessons and sign up for auditions in LA. Finally, I would tell myself what methods helped me in my classes, tests, and projects. I would urge myself to, in addition to giving 110%, totake advantage of every resource and staff available to suceed. I would also tell myself to make great relationships with your teachers because people will look up to you as a leader one day.

Angelica

My school is open to new changes, whatever it takes to be up to par.

My school is open to new changes, whatever it takes to be up to par.

"First off, I know you don't feel like you did as well as you wanted on your SAT exam, but there are prep crash courses that you can take. Please register for one, and you will see how much that will boost your score. Also, if you're not planning on taking your SAT 2 exam because you don't think you're going to apply at any UC's, do it anyway. You might change your mind later. Apply at all the schools you think you would love to attend, no matter what anyone says. Don't let people discourage you. If you think living accomodations might not work out, research other possibilities. If there is a will, there is a way. Also, don't forget to research your final goal for school. What do you want to go to school for? Make sure you are well informed about the types of job opportunities out there that you can apply for in the field you graduate in. Make sure you understand the different positions, responsibilities, and pay. And just make sure you don't give up. It's challenging, but well worth it."

I tell my friends that Cal State Bakersfield is a great school to try to achieve your degree for several reasons. One of the best things I like about CSUB compared to the other schools in town is that it's based on a quarter system. Yes, there is alot of information to take in with in the 10-11 week session, however the classes do not drag on. It forces you to come to school everyday because if you don't, you miss alot of information. It also forces you to learn the material you're learning.

My school is known as a high-commuting campus. Many of the students who attend have been raised in Bakersfield/neighboring cities their whole lives and still live with their families.

In addition to my love for knowledge and learning, my personal college experience has been amplified so much by my campus involvement. I am active in my sorority, and have gained invaluable leadership experience as president of both my sorority and the National Panhellenic Conference on my campus. By emphasizing the intrinsic motivation of attending college to actually learn opposed to the extrinsic motivations of only attending school as a stepping stone for a high-paying career, I find that not only does my GPA raise, but my education is so much more rewarding because I enjoy learning and stress less about my grades. I have maintained excellent relationships with the professors in my school's department as well as my director of student activities. Even if my future career plans don't go exactly how I plan, I know I have gained such a rewarding experience during my time in college, both academically and socially.

I wish more students would be involved. Because commuting is so high, many students simply go to their classes and immediately leave after they are done. Only a small handful of students really make an attempt to be involved. It would be really exciting to see a higher school spirit and more active participation in campus and club-sponsored events.

Portia

My classmates are the most energetic, selfless, and bravest individuals I have ever met.

Cal State Bakersfield is unique because it tends to every students need. The classes are small enough for each student to get the attention they require from their teacher. Another good aspect about my university is that the tuition rate is low but the graduation rate is high. Cal State Bakersfield is also one of the most diverse Cal State campuses. Even though my school is not the first people choose when they think about college, it is one of the best. GO RUNNERS!!

I am very fortunate that I decided to attend a university because of the life experiences I have learned. In some aspects, I have came to the conclusion that without moving to college I would have never learned how to properly manage my own bank account or handle my own business without my mom. I have learned how to deal with being in a new environment and living with a complete stranger who is the complete opposite of me. Without any of these things I just mention, I would still be dependent of my mother for guidance and support. Every person should experience the good values of attending school. Now that I am a student at a university, I am able to broaden my mind of simple everyday problems such as racism or violence. I needed this because college is one of the steps to becoming a self sustaining woman in today’s society.

Katherine

As a child, my dream was to go to college. The general concensus is that children dream of becoming a fireman or an astronaut. I always valued the inbetween step. College is much more than books and lectures and late nights. To me, college is where I have always belonged. The greatest career I could ever hope for is to become a university professor. As a center of constant innovation, education, and evolution, the university is a place for students to come and be transformed. This transformation is what allows human culture to be so diverse. At the root of society, there is always the idea, propelled by the thought, and nurtured by the university. I can think of no better place to have spent these last two years than at the institution which has allowed me to grow individually and simultaneously with my fellow peers. The college experience, my college experience, is invaluable. As a child, my dream was to go to college, and it is still my dream today. I am better because of my education, my personal growth, and my experiences with human culture. College is a place I will always cherish, never replace, and never forget.

sean

In academics it is known for health sciences and for sports its known for wrestling

I have so far learned life skills, such as studying skills, public/personal speaking, organization and many more.

I dont think there is anything wrong with the university

After graduating High School I moved right into College for an Elementary Education degree. At the time, life was pretty hectic, working two jobs and so forth. I made a wrong decision and decided that school was just not right for me at that particular time in my life. I went right to work. Within the 5-6 years that I took off of school, I got married and started a beautiful family of my own and became a stay at home mom. My oldest has now just started his first year in school and that is when the idea of school really started getting to me again. It became something that I really want to do for myself and my family. To be able to provide for them better and doing something I love to do couldn't sound any better. Teaching children is something I always wanted to do. I truly do feel that teaching our children WILL create a better tomorrow. I was a little scared thinking that I will be an adult student, but on the same note, what a better example to my children-you can never be too old for school.

Veneira

My parents did not finished college. My two brothers, 23 and 27, did not fiinished college. Attending college gives me the security that I will end up with a good paying profession. That I am on my way of becoming the first generation college graduate in my family. My college experience has allowed me to meet a bunch of wonderful people. It helped me some in strenghtening my confidence and individuality. Because of my general studies, my perception of the various areas of society have expanded, and now see greater career possibilities and opportunities. Attending college gives me a sense of security that I am in action, that I will end up with a great career, it reminds me everyday that I'm dedicated about becoming that strong, self-reliant, successful young woman I'm meant to be. v.b.

CSUB is a great school, just in a not so great location.

CSUB is a great school, just in a not so great location.

I have realized that I am not the only older person going back to school. It is comforting to see people my age and older doing the same thing I am. I have learned to appreciate the value of education, and am grateful for all the help I have received along the way.

California State Universirty in Bakersfield, CA is very small and quaint. Lecture classes are well under average in size, which makes for a more personable student/teacher experience.

California State University-Bakersfield administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.