San Marcos, CA
California State University-San Marcos

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend California State University-San Marcos

Rita

I would tell myself to take my classes more seriously and that there is life after high school so prepare for it.

Kaitlin

smaller, more intimate, great library resources (such as the circuit), always find a parking spot :)

Since I am a Literature and Writing major, I would have advised myself to read more literary works BEFORE I arrived at college. Then I would be better equipped to integrate my prior readings into class discussions now and sound smart :) Also, this would have enabled me to better understand literary movements and periods. Secondly, I would have advised myself to buy my textbooks on amazon.com or from other outside sources. For my first few semesters in college, I bought all my books from the campus book store, and I had the "bright" idea that I should buy all my books new so I could keep them and they wouldn't have any marks on them. Well, it ended up costing me so much money, when I could have just as easily bought all my textbooks from a cheaper source and still kept them. Also, I would have told myself about ratemyprofessors.com the FIRST semester I came to college so I could avoid having some boring professors :)

Self-motivated, critical thinker, writer, artist, musically inclined, small social connections, readers, social reconstructionists, liberal, postmodern

Kelsey

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself to apply to the UC system. I feel that I should be challenging myself more, and wish I could have gone somewhere else in the state to where I didn't have to live at home. However, I am content with the school I attend now for the major I am studying. I only wish I could have learned how to live on my own sooner. I have considered myself a very independent person for the most part, but one can never really know until they are on their own. I hope to share an apartment with a friend next year to get out of my parents' hair and prove I can live on my own. My younger brother will be attending a UC next year and I would love to be able to help my family by paying my own way. I owe it to the two people who have influenced me the most, paid for extracurricular activities all of my life, and ultimately have been paying my expensive loans out of pocket.

Most of them are very helpful and friendly...once you get to know them.

Most of them are very helpful and friendly...once you get to know them.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I might suggest taking more AP courses so I could have a chance to graduate early. Other than that, I am happy where I am now and I am happy with the choices that I have made to get here.

I love our gym and work out classes and equipment!!!!

Marjani

I would give myself the simple advice of not forgetting who you are. Although part of college consists of experimenting with new things and learning about different people its important that we take would we learn along side our current morals and values instead of taking on a lifestyle completely different from our own. Had I known that before I think my college experience so far would of been a lot smoother.

Someone who likes bigger class sizes and more athletic envolvment on campus.

I would advise myself focus on academics and not people. Most of the people I have encountered at college do not take their education seriously. They are more interested in partying and the easy way out of any assignment. So, I would tell myself to give my all no matter what anyone else thinks or says. In the end, I will reap the rewards of my effort and dedication.

I think anyone should attend this school.

The lack of tolerance for opinions different than the professors'. Critical thinking is stressed; in reality, our thinking is being channeled in one direction - according to what the professors believe.

kylie

It is small you get to know a lot fo people and your classes are not super impacted. There is also a lot of times to meet with professor if you do ahve any questions, or just need help with anything. It is also newer so all the building are very nice.

That everything will all be ok and work out the way it needs to. Dont stress over the little things and keep in contact with your high school friends.

Nothing really, it isnt that great of a school.

Zac

Students of all different varieties some focused ready to learn, others talking about the upcoming parties.

I would meet with your high school counselor, and discuss your different concerns. They helped me a lot through this whole process.

Small class, more one on one time with the professor.

I would say to look carefully into every college they are considering. Look at classroom size, population, cost, campus organizations, sports, housing, food, etc. Take the time to take tours of the campus and talk to different entities on the campus to see possible places to get involved. Once you do find the school that seems to fit your personality and interests, GET INVOLVED! I am only going into my second year, but am involved in the two main entities on Campus; Orientation Team through student life and leadership and ASI (Associated Students Incorporated). It has made all the differnce. ASI is involvement and a paid position so I can pay for needed things. And Orientation Team is all volunteer, but all worth it! If the finances work out I suggest to live on campus! It is a great way to meet new people and stay connected to the campus!

Someone who is open minded. Ready for a learning and social experience. Someone who wants to get involved and loves to recycle! We are huge recyclers!

The budget cuts right now. The economy is affecting the school. The tuition increase and extra fees are very frustrating.

California State University-San Marcos administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.