Staten Island, NY
College of Staten Island CUNY

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend College of Staten Island CUNY

rajintha brian

The best college in Newyork , the facilities and everything's are perfect . best professors

Janice

The College gives you opportunities in any way. You also get to learn a lot with professors that really enjoys teaching and you get to meet students that are there to really leasrn not to waste time. I personally like this college and I will do my best to pass all my classes.

Janice

It is a great College for students that are perusing a Career starting on a two year or 4 years. It is a great opportunity to meet new people and socialize even more. When you put your effort on great things that you want to do , your future becomes even brighter each day that you are there. In my opinion I would tell evey of my friends not just to go to College to meet people but to have an education for the future. You want to better yourself in life not go back.

Joanne Marie

CUNY College of Staten Island has helped me succeed and gain confidence in myself through education. The staff is exceptional and friendly. I have never encountered a problem on this campus that the school was not 100% committed to solving.

Christine

The College of Staten Island CUNY provides an overall great college experience by facilitating a conducive learning environment and providing a wide range of extracurricular activities. Classes take place on a beautiful and spacious campus with tree-lined roads and large open spaces that students readily take advantage of whether sitting out on the great lawn to study or throw around a football. State of the art sport facilities are perfect for releasing some stress with a fully equipped weights room to an Olympic sized swimming pool and full sized basketball court. Although the athletic team compete at a division III level, there is no shortage of excitement or lack of school spirit. The bleachers are always packed with students and faculty supporting school pride. The library is equipped with state of the art computers and rooms are stocked with textbooks and resources of every topic imaginable. Staff is always available to answer questions and encourage discussions outside of the classroom for continued learning. There is plenty of parking for those who wish to drive or campus is easily accessible using public transportation. Shuttle buses are scattered throughout campus making travel easy between campus. My colleagues were genuinely interested in learning which fostered a creative and innovative atmosphere. Many students were focused on their studies and ignored any distractions that may be associated with the “college experience.” Administration is very helpful and supportive of students wanting to achieve their goal and work towards their degree in hopes of one day making it their career.

Luciana

I think it is a decent school with a lot of well-educated professors. I do wish that it offered more things to get students to be more social though. I find at this college, since it is a commuter school, that many students go home straight after classes and don't join clubs. This makes making friends a little difficult. I would like my school to offer more clubs to its students.

Katelynn

The college is very much a public school and depending on what you do with it, it can be a very different experience from one person to the next. The off campus at St.George is a more intimate classroom experience but tends to have more rigorous teachers and more I applied students that commute and often come in late dispite the strict attendance. The main campus is very lively and classes are pretty full but the teachers are more lively. The student resource staff is pretty helpful but can sometimes be under informed on where to send the student. The sports are pretty competitive for a division three school. Basketball seems to be the most watched by the school. They also offer recreational sports but you either get pre-established groups that may be hard to break into or people that are unreliable. The school is fairly cheap and majority of the students there are assisted from the state and have little to no college debt.

Kelsey

its amazing with a great campus. i love being on campus and everyone is so inviting. the clubs are open to everyone and anyone is invited. the support system on campus is amazing, if you go to on campus counseling you feel very welcome and its a breath of fresh air from the city life around.

Abdonnie

I am a first generation freshman at CUNY CSI, and overall it's not too bad. Just completed my first semester and I can give an honest review about the professors. Some professors are not the best, but others will go out of their way to make sure you understand their work so that you can succeed in the future whether that be classes or overall career. If the professor isn't good, well go to the tutoring centers, and trust me they are all over campus. If you don't like the tutoring centers because sometimes it can be extremely crowded especially during finals week, then make friends before finals. When you have theses friends, you guys are able to study together in groups so that there is a support group. Do not allows relay on ratemyprofessor.com , for some you have to and others don't. Ask previous students who have had that class about the professor. I say not too, since I had a math professor whose ratings sucked a lot and people dropped his class till there was 8 students not giving him a chance. They were mighly wrong as I can say, I am NOT the best person for mathematics, but yet I excelled at his class and now have a B+. So, take that website with a grain of salt and look at the grade that student received before listening to them. 'Cause if they failed, obviously they are going to give a bad grade. In addition, this college is great for making connections as although CSI gets a bad representation because of its location (basically middle of no where, I'm a Brooklyn girl always have a corner store around me, not this time) , the students (some) and professors (some) are actually of high class. I am not going to lie there are some idiots, but you have to deal with them throughout life to get to where you want to be. Anyway, a lot of CSI students move on to graduate schools from CUNY's to out of state and even the oh holy "IVY LEAGUES". So don't worry, spend cheap on undergraduate and save for graduate! Trust me that's what I am doing since I'm double majoring in Bio-Neuroscience & Business- Management thus, having to go to both Medical and Business school! So good luck and may the odds be forever in your favor!

alyssa

A school where you go to class and right home, not much student life outside of the classroom.

College of Staten Island CUNY administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.