Buffalo, NY
D'Youville College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend D'Youville College

Cassy

There is no doubt in my mind that college for me has and will be the key to becoming a mature adult. All my life I grew up in a small farm town and went to a school with a graduation class of 48 people. Very small! Deciding to go to college to become a Physical Therapist has been the best decision of my life. So far, my first year has helped me gain several skills that I wouldn't have gained anywhere else. The biggest challenge for me was being away from home and out on my own. My small town that I grew up in was very close and so was my family. Now that I've been to college and living on my own I've gained confidence. In life it is essential to have confidence. People without it are less likely to go places in life. I now realize that I am the only one who can control my destiny and that the key to this drive is believing in myself. If I don't believe in myself, then who else will?

The worst thing about my school is definitly the dorms that they have for freshmen and sophomores. They are really small and very old. It has been a long time since they have been rebuilt and are in extreme need of a fixing. Almost everday the elevators break and so it is a bit difficult when attepting to get to the 12th floor. Also, there have been several instances where the fire alarm has gone off at 3 am or 5am when a lot of people have class that day at 8 am. Very Inconvenient!

The most frustrating thing about my school is the way in which you have to register for classes for each semester. It is a complete chaotic free for all! Every student meets with their advisor and are given a pin number so that they have access to the online registration for the day that their class can participate. Well, if you are a freshman you might as well not plan on getting any of the classes you want because they are all filled up by upperclassmen quickly. Registration begins at midnight of your assigned day.

Melyssa

At this point I have only been attending college for two years but I can already tell it has been a beneficial experience. I have not only learned new academic information but also the need to prioritize my life and take responsibility. Being in college you are suddenly given much more freedom than previously had, it definatly forces you to grow up and take control of your own actions. College has taught me how to make the transition from a high school teenager to an adult working toward future goals. The amount of work required to be completely successful in college is far more that what was expected in high school, the pressure and stress of it all definatly has been difficult to deal with. However without these challenges I may not have truly understood the amount of effort and perserverance it takes to achieve your goals. It is easy to give up and say that things are too difficult but it takes a lot more to do the responsibile act and put in more effort, without my college experience thusfar I would not have learned this valuable life lesson.

The great health profession programs offered and the different combined degree programs that allow students to earn higher degrees in less time. These programs all prepare the students for their careers and ensure their success after graduation.

The financial aid process as with most other schools is difficult to deal with and often causes many issues.

Meghan

I have alwas been a home body. I'm not exactly shy and i have many friends, but I like to have a routine. I like doing things that are familiar to me and am not big on change. Going to college allowed me to open up to new opportunites and make new friends with people that I may have not considered being friends with in the past. Being in college has helped me to realize what life skills i need to possess to become successful in life. Now that I am in college I set goals for myself and never give up on working towards them. I am more determined than i have ever been in my life because I know that if I work hard in college it will benefit me when I graduate and move on to living in "the real world."

I transferred from a university with over 30,000 people where I was nothing but a number. At D'Youville people know my name. The classes are small enough for the teacher to notice me in class. My academic advisor actually knows my name. My GPA at this school is a 3.7216, which is almost a full point higher than my other school because there are people at D'Youville who are always willing to help. Teachers are always available and willing to help me succeed. Caring people make for a positive environment.

Because the school is mostly students that major in a health profession, there is not much to eat on campus. Most of the things offered are healthy snacks only. It is nice that the school cares about our health but it is hard to find something to eat other than a salad, which is already pre-made with things that I do not like. Because I am a picky eater I usually have to pack a lunch if I am at school for a full day because the options are very limited when it comes to eating at school.

Nicholas

They are diversity of different classmates at this college. Everyone has their own unique ability to get the work done that is required for class. All classmates are friendly and strive to work together to complete their goals for the classs.

This school can help students one on one with their great student to faculty ratio. All teachers get to know their students and are always available for them when in need for help. This school is very friendly and gets all the students involved in some sort of activity.

My college was able to teach me the responsibilty involved to do well in all of my classes. They have also shown many secondary careers that you can get out of your specific major. When ever you have a problem, the college is more than happy to help you. The college experience is another life from home. It is a totaly different atmosphere in a very a good way. It has been so valuable to attend because it has changed my life and i will never forget my memories at D'Youville College

Lyneise

D'Youville has a friendly, fun family atmosphere

D'Youville has a friendly, fun family atmosphere

Going to D'Youville has been and excellent experience for me. I love that the professors are so passionate about their work. They have helped me to be able to understand why it is necessary to learn both in the classroom and out. I can relate many of the things that I am learning to real life situations and that makes it easy for me to visualize myself in the nursing field. Attending college is just the beginning of the road toward my future. It makes me proud because I know that I will be able to better my life for my son. I think the major factor for me is being a good example for my son. I hope that he'll see that if his mother was able to do it, than so can he.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is driven and motivated. Students should come to school expecting to work because the facility are passionate about their fields and they push their students to want to excel.

Laura

My school is pretty small. It fits on 2 blocks, and most of the buildings are connected so you really never have to go outside. I don't have to worry about not having enough time between classes because everything is so compact. D'Youville also has Student Appreciation Week, when each department does something for the students like cooking lunch or having snacks or raffles. But most unique is the part time dorming option where local students can pay by the night for a taste of dorming but at a reduced cost. I love this option.

College allowed me to see myself as an adult more. I am given the freedom to pick my schedule not only for classes, but sleeping and socializing in the dorms. I manage school and work back home, while driving myself back and forth having to pay for my car and gas. Now I have to look out for my own safety and make choices when my parents are not there. D'Youville has different people than the all-girl high school I attended, so I have learned to have different kinds of friends, from all over the country and different backgrounds. Learning how different families work has opened up my eyes to thinking about what type of parent I want to be in the future. College is not just about the classes and school work. Those come naturally to me and while the knowledge interests me, I'm not going to look back at my college years and think of body tissues and Freud. College is valuable because it is another step between childhood and adulthood when teenagers have to realize it's time to be mature. Post-college isn't far away.

When teachers say they have office hours and will even show up at your group study sessions to help, they mean it. I was nervous to talk to my professors one on one, but I see other students working in their offices all the time, and my psychology professor did join my classmates when they studied for her class. They actually care. I also wish I knew that there is a bulliton board where students sell their old textbooks. I might have looked at it over the summer to find better deals. The school wants you to save money.

Rachael

D'Youville College educates you for life.

D'Youville College educates you for life.

College is not for everyone. Some people are satisfied and content with their life and the path it's headed, and there is definitely nothing wrong with that. But in my mind college education is extremely important because it gives you a base to build your life around, teaches you about the world we live in and how we can utilize its resources most effectively. College education also gives me a good mean of leaving; it makes me capable of being a productive memeber of the work force. And if you can combine your education with your experience it can be extremely profitable. Another reason why I attend college is because I can get practical and valuable experiences while studying at college. Everyone at college is grown-up here, and you'll also have to learn to act like a grown-up yourself, learn to adapt and take responsility for everything you do. College is teaching me to live an independent life. So, besides the knowledge, it's also important to prepare and learn what it's like living in the real world. A college education, unlike most other purchases, will appreciate in value, not depreciate.

The worst thing about D'Youville College is the location. The location of the college is in a very poor and high crime area.

D'Youville College has small, inclusive classes that allow professors to focus on each student individually. This gives the student more opportunities to learn and understand the material presented in class and the professor is then able to better assess each student's needs.

Through my college experience I have gained my independence and I have learned how to take care of my responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner. College has made me more accountable for the things that I do (or don't do) and has helped me achieve a sense of balance in my life. It has been valuable to attend because it gave me the opportunity to further my education and has aptly satisfied my academic fervor. I now feel more prepared to enter the career world and believe I am capable and resourceful enough to find a career in the profession I am seeking.

The individual attention to students, and the close, helpful relationship between the faculty and the student body.

D'Youville College is a small school but everyone knows everyone else and the teachers know you by name.

My school is best known for its involvement in the surrounding community. D'Youville is involved in many activities outside of school. For example in the Spring of 2010, my school cleaned up the neighborhood and helped out in Habitat for Humanity in the Buffalo neighborhood.

Attending college has taught me alot. As a Sophomore in college, I feel like I already know what I want to do in my future. The teachers have helped me figure out exactly what I need to do in order to achieve my goals. When I first started college, I knew what I wanted to study but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my degree. I took a class called Psychology as a Profession and it helped me set my future straight. Along with figuring out my goals, I have also gained alot of independence from living away form home. I am completely supporting myself and living on my own. I have made many friends at school and have a few close professors that have helped me greatly with any problems that have faced and whom I really trust. I am truly happy that I chose to attend D'Youville College. It was my first choice and I would do it over again in a heart beat. It's a great school and wil do anything to help students fufill their dreams.

Joelle

The most unique aspect about my school is the fact that it is one of the smaller colleges to choose from in Buffalo. The fact that you can go to that school every day knowing that you will get the attention you deserve really makes a difference in everybody's academic career. The professor's are always there to help you with any questions you have and they are always willing to give you their extra time and attention to help you with what you need.

There are many goals one wishes to achieve in a life time. Being able to go to college to further my education in order to get a career was one of mine. Even though I am only a Freshmen in college, I have already gained so much wisdom and learned so many lessons that I will always be able to carry with me throughout my life. I value every minute that I am able to go there and learn more about the world I live in, and the carreer I wish to one day have. College experiences are such that they are never forgotten. So far in college I have learned many lessons. I have learned to never take for granted all I have in my life, even though I myself have been through many obstacles before finally reaching my destination at the college I currently attend. I have learned to make new friends while keeping the old. However, I have also learned to balance that social life with the education aspect of the life I went to college for. I am taking advantage of every minute at college and the time I make to give back to the community.

The worst thing about my school personally is the location. I love Buffalo and have lived here my whole life. However, living downtown in the city area is not the first location I would have chose for my college education. Thankfully it has not been an obstacle in reaching any goals I have at my school to reach my education goals for the future.

D'Youville College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.