Buffalo, NY
D'Youville College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend D'Youville College

Kaitlyn

If I had to go back in time and give myself advice as a senior in high school I would tell myself that college is a lot harder than it looks and that it will be a struggle but will be well worth it in the end. I would tell myself to be more outgoing and participate in more college activities. I would tell myself that I will need to dedicate all of my time studying and doing homework. I would tell myself to be prepared for major changes in my life including relationships, friends, and family. College is most definitely a learning experience and is a time to learn more about yourself and what you are capable of. I would tell myself that there will be times when you think you'll fail and feel like giving up but you can't because you can do it and YOU WILL.

I tell my friends that it is a great college because it has small class sizes and it is very easy to arrange one on one time with your professors. One of my favorite things to brag about is that when I graduate I will have my Master's and Bachelor's degree in 5 years! That was definitely the selling point for this school that made it my number one choice.

The area around the campus can be frustrating at times because it is not that nice of a neighborhood but it has gotten a lot better over the years. I wish this campus was more isolated and not a city campus.

Chelsea

This school is best known for health related majors. They have a high retention rate of students in these majors and a high job placement rate. If a student graduates from this college with a degree in a health-related major, they are very likely to receive a job offer in the surrounding area.

I would tell myself to take the time to develop a variety of study methods. I attended a small high school where I was considered one of the top students. I felt that the coursework was easy and hardly ever took the time to actually study for a test. Upon entering my freshman year of college, I assumed that college would be just as easy as high school. However, when my first college test came along I was rudely awoken from that dream. A variety of study methods would be helpful in college because a college ciriculum includes an aray of subjects. Each subject may require a different study method in order to do well on the test and memorize the difficult material.

Only individuals who are serious about academics should attend this college. This is a very expensive private school and the coursework of this college is not easy by any means. If an individual is paying a substantial amount to attend this college, they should plan on buckling down during their college career in order to graduate and be able to pay back their loans.

Felicia

I would have focused more my senior year to prepare better for college. I attended an 2 year college getting my 2 year degree. I knew I wanted to be a nurse, however my gpa was not up to standards for a 4 year program. Now I am in the program and it is a lot of hard work. If I had to go back I dont believe I would because I believe that everything in life happens for a reason. I learned from my choices in life and that has made me a better person.

The worst thing I consider about the school is how many "extra classes" you have to take. I believe that they should focus on the carrer choice you choose and give you more experience and knowledge about the area you are studying rather then being an overall well rounded student.

I believe that a hard working student that is dedicated to their studies should attend D'Youville College. This is my third semester and I have worked really hard to maintain my overall gpa. D'Youville College is not a party school. It is a college that helps you be the best in life.

Mark

Medical professions, small classrooms, personalized attention.

Medical professions, small classrooms, personalized attention.

If you aren't willing to put in the effort and time on your own part and feel that just by attending class you can pass, you won't. Classes will require some time outside of class as well as critical thinking within class.

Mark

Is a place where professors challenge you to think for yourself.

Is a place where professors challenge you to think for yourself.

I would tell my self to study and do good in high school. To use my full potential acedemically, so then i could have gotten more scholarships and wouldn't desperatly be looking for money to pay for college.

Sara

The size of teh school, how friendly people are, and how willing to help the teachers really are.

I have only been in college for three semesters, but I think I would have plenty to say if I could talk to myself as a high school senior. I would initially tell myself to enjoy and cherish the rest of high school, but know that college is indeed an exciting experience. I would also tell myself to make sure I order my books on time, and to study more for that first Anatomy lab practical. Beyond these little pieces of advice, I would tell myself to not let anything hold me back. I would give the advice to be more outgoing, in every aspect of college life. I would tell myself that while picking the right college is very important, a college experience is less about which school you attend and more about what you put into the experience. I would tell myself that being a commuter can make the transition to college life a little difficult. However, it would definitely help to get more involved on campus, join more clubs, and go to more campus events, especially during the first year. I would say that your experience is what you make of it.

Briana

Take classes in highschool that you think are going to be relative to what major you are going to take in college. Focus on study skills, and note taking capabilities. Do not use highschool as a time to have fun and blow off your grades, instead use it as a learning experience to prep yourself for college.

That I would be mainly attending class every day of the week.

The area of the city it is located in

Melanie

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would tell myself to take college more seriously. I would make sure I knew that it was not as easy as high school was, and that if you want the good grades, you really need to put in the work. I would also tell myself to be a little more social when I got to college and make more friends from different groups. I would tell myself to socialize with all different people, rather than just the people that live on my floor and people that I met through/with them.

-small classes -great teachers -relatively easy classes -fun events

I would tell myself that it will be tough but, that "you can do it". You are hard working and focused, and the time will fly. Most importantly I would tell myself to enjoy the ride.

Nothing. I felt really prepared, my orientation was great and very informative.

I often tell them just how helpful, engaging and available the proffesors are. I also brag about how freindly and helpful the students are. My college has a warm, community atmosphere.

Lisa

Recognize the same faces when passing eachother in the hallways. People are always very friendly and say Hi around campus.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to pay more attention in college classes! Sometimes I find myself daydreaming and doodling during class, so when I comes time to studying for a test, I really have to put a lot more time and effort into my preparation. I would also gell myself to always go to professors and ask for help when you begin to feel like you're falling behind - don't wait until it's too late! Most professors are more than willing to go out of their way to help you and if they feel like you are putting a valid effort into their class, they will give you the benefit of the doubt. Also, find study groups! When other people are involved, they tend to motitvate you when you aren't feeling upto studying. They also give some outlet of socializing when you need a quick (or a long) break from the books! Lastly, stay determined! Keep a goal/picture in mind and don't stop until you get there.

Hard working, patient (elevators are slow!), kind, willing to help others

D'Youville College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.