Buffalo, NY
D'Youville College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend D'Youville College

Denise

D'Youville is small college located in Buffalo, NY. The class sizes are small, alot of one on one attention. The staff is wonderful and are committed to your success.

If I could go back, I would have gotten better grades, been more involved in my school and not waited to experience college. Don't assume the future will take care of itself. Your senior year work hard and get good grades, plan for your future. Your senior year should be fun, be actively involved in shaping the next step of your life. I would tell myself to focus and not to get distracted by all the nonsense in high school. College is so much better!

Kristy

My school is a place where I want to be because it lets me learn and understand new materials that I never knew.

I would give myself many advices. First of all, I would take liberal arts courses as a freshman in college if I wasn’t sure what major I wanted to be. I wasted so much time in college taking courses and then ended up wasting my time because I switch to many majors. I would try to be in as many clubs and activities that I could be, especially the ones that pertains to my major. I would get helped immediately with my school work and not wait to the last minute.

I don't really think that there is anything frustrated about my school. Whenever I need help there is always a person that I could go to get help when I needed it.

Sally

I was nervous about attending a community college. I thought that the academics would not messure up to those at the four year universities in my area. I have found that my classes are just as hard, if not harder, than those offered at the four year universities. The teachers are excellent, and grades are earned, not given. I feel as if my community college has prepared me for the PCAT (Pharmacy College Admissions Test) just as well, if not better, than any other college I could have attended. The best part about my community college is that I have never had a class with more than 40 students in it at a time. The one-on-one student/teacher interaction is more than I could have asked for. The facilities that my college has may not be the same size as the universities in my area, but the learning that takes place inside of our facilities is much greater.

laquita

my school academically is great, but very expensive

my school academically is great, but very expensive

my experience of collage has made me a better person. i have become organized, professional and determained that i will see the light at the end of the tunnel. college helps you meet all kinds of people, make friends for life and some of the people you meet can help you with your jouney and future goals. everthough college helps you to get a better education and to find that wonderful job so you can live a comfortable life. my life as a college student has been the best years of my life that words cant describe. there has been some set backs with tuition and scrapping up the money just to pay for tuition, but it has taught me to be strong and how to budget my money. college may have gave me life experience, but it has given me the information i need to know in the work place, so that i can become an effective healthcare manager i need to be in the future so that i can make a difference in this world.

the most frustrating thins regarding my school is, one: the school is a private college and the cost of tuition is very expensive that students like my self have to take out private loans to pay for tution and are in serious dept and do not have alot of money to live off.

Quinn

A fairly small , friendly environment in which to learn that allows a diverse population to come together and succeed.

My experience at D'Youville has helped me to grow in independence, confidence and self-esteem. I transferred to D'Youville last year after attending University at Buffalo. From the day I attended the orientation, I have felt that the teachers, faculty and other students truly care about me and the person I am. This has allowed me to excel in my classes and learn more than I ever felt possible in my chosen field of Occupational Therapy. My teachers encourage participation and are always there to help give support and guidance when necessary. They challenge my abilities and never make me feel that my questions are stupid. My field work experiences have been rewarding and I know it requires a lot of time and effort on their to make this a reality. The friends I have made at D'Youville will be friends for life. We challenge and support each other in class and out of class. I am confident that when I graduate from D'Youville, I will be very well prepared for my career. I am proud to say I attend D'Youville College.

The size of the school limits the number of sports.

Andrea

My classmates are enthusiastic.

My classmates are enthusiastic.

College has not only expanded my education, but it has also taught me the importance and meaning of true friendship. In the beginning of my first semester at D'Youville, friend from high school was killed in a car accident. On the day of her viewing, I received a call while sitting at the Porterview Dining Room, stating that my mother was just in an accident and was on her way to the hospital via ambulance. I have never felt so much support from a group of people than that of the D'Youville community. Not only have friends from Marguerite Residence Hall given me the strength to push forward, but so has the staff. It is the job of the employees to know the names of the students, but they go above and beyond the expectations. The annual service trip to New Orleans, Louisiana this winter with friends has also taught me to be appreciative of what I have in my life, and to be thankful for the little things in life. Although I have mastered a 4.0 through the difficult times, I have more than education to value at D'Youville College.

The worst thing about D'Youville College are the number of people who don't take their educational seriously enough. The college is full of great opportunities for involvement, but not many participate. Although there is always a high morale, I would like to see more of my classmates focus on their future, as the economy is dwindling and graduate program entrance becomes more demanding.

My college experience is fantastic. My first class set the bar for all other classes to come and opened my eyes to the fact that I wasn’t in high school anymore. Being a not so average teenager, I decided to spend my summer learning by being an intern part time as well as taking Chemistry as summer class. Since I was at a new school, a few days before class started I went and located my classroom and all my required materials. On the first day I sat down and the teacher walked in. She took roll and said it would be the last time because she didn’t care if we showed up; that was on our shoulders. She passed out the syllabus, went over her normal routine and just jumped into notes. One student asked her a question and politely said her name like we would in high school. She replied call me by my first name we aren’t in high school. She never required us to do our homework, just recommended it and never once acted like a high school babysitter. It taught me to be accountable for myself. College is the Great Awakening.

Haley

My college experience has been extremely valuable to me because it has completely changed my future plans. All my life I never thought I would go to college; the idea never interested me. My parents never went and I saw no reason to do so myself. I decided to attend community college as a sort of test and so I could have at least some post-secondary education. My experience at my community college has been amazing and has inspired me to continue my education further at a four year university. I was able to explore different subjects that interested me and was encouraged to develop more ambitious goals for the future. I also got involved in my school and in my community through Phi Theta Kappa and various volunteer activities. My grades have also taken a complete turn around from high school as I now have almost straight A's and I am really excited for what my future holds. My college experience has been wonderful and has really changed my aspirations for the future; I now hope to not only complete my undergraduate education, but possibly post graduate education as well!

Jacqueline

I have gotten so much out of my college experience so far. I love it! Even though I am only a freshman, college has been challenging and yet, so rewarding at the same time. It has taught me independence, dedication, perserverance and alot about the person I am becoming. I intend on becoming a nurse at the end of these four years. This has always been a dream of mine. I have seen my uncle on life support pass away. I was there at both my grandparents bedsides as they passed on. I witnessed good nurses and I experienced less than impressive healthcare given to my family. I knew I wanted to go into nursing to make a difference and treat others as I wish my family were treated when they were ill. Some things you learn by living other things you learn by going to college. This college experience is so valuable to me because without the education I am recieving today and will be receiving over the next three years, I couldnt be the best nurse I could be. In closing, a college education is an experience I will always treasure.

The best thing about D'Youville college is the commitment of my schools professors to us , their students. I think its amazing how much they truly care about the students. I have the most understanding and dedicated professors. They are willing to help me do what ever it takes to succeed and understand what I am being taught. I know I will become a very qualified nurse because of both my dedication to school and my schools dedication to me. I am embracing my four years here at D'Youville!

Before I came to D'Youville, I wish I would have known how intense some of the course work would be! I knew college was going to be a challenge in and of itself, but D'Youville makes me try extra hard to be the best student I can be. I had no idea how academically difficult it would be to become a nurse. In retrospect though, even though I didnt know how hard it would be, it wouldnt have changed my mind. I am right where I want to be. I will make a difference in someone's life!

Most of my classmates are my friends because we attend many of the same classes together.

College is definitely a place for hard work. It is expensive and always stressful. But it is also something much more than that. College is one of the only environments in the world where every single day there is an opportunity to improve oneself. Even though I enter pathophysiology every single class frightened, I also appreciate the challenege and opportunity to gain knowledge which I can use everyday to help a patient and perhaps save a life. College is the stepping stone to the future a person dreams of. It provides the student with all of the necessary tools to succeed in their chosen career. As a nursing major, I had the opportunity to go to a two year school and graduate with an associates degree. However I value higher education and I am trying to obtain my baccleurate. I go to school everyday and work my hardest. Last semester I recieved a 3.9 GPA. I know doing this is, I will be prepared when I finally graduate and will feel knowledgable and confident when treating my patients. I value college so much because through the knowledge I am gaining there, I have the opportunity to help humanity.

The worst thing about D'Youville is at times it is difficult to get into classes that are necessary for your major. Like most colleges, registration is based on the amount of credit hours you obtained. There are many seniors at D'Youville who may have failed pathophysiology and are taking it the same semester as an under classman has to take it. This upper classman may take your seat and as a result you will have to wait till next year to complete the course, or constantly check the live course feed hoping a seat has opened up.

D'Youville College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.