Beverly, MA
Endicott College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Endicott College

Alexandra

My classmates are diverse and awesome!

My classmates are diverse and awesome!

Do your homework early....start looking , asking a lot of questions, arrange an interview at the college....don't be afraid to ask the tough questions (crime stats, etc.), visit more than once and keep an open mind!

A Motivated individual who takes their studies seriously but wants to make friends and have a good time!

Students and parents should start early and look at several different options. Once you find a school you think you like take several trips back to the school, go on tours and just make sure it feels natural to be there. Also, you need to consider the obvious including how much it will cost, if the academics coinside with what you want to study, etc.

The atmosphere and the campus are the best things about Endicott. The campus itself is gorgeous and almost all brand new.

The most frustrating about my school is that there are not alot of students on campus and alot of people know everything about everyone which can be a good and bad thing all at the same time.

I think the most important thing you need to do before you choose a college is to sit down and make a list of what you want and what you do not want from a school. You may think this sounds a little silly, but it actually helped me so much. Consider things such as diversity, on campus activites, off campus activities, etc. The nice thing about going to a school in the United States is your ability to change schools if you are miserable where you are. This is your life, and you can make the decisions in it. Don't pick a school based on if your friends think its a good place or not. Make decisions for yourself and do research!! Look at what alumni are now doing and how the school was founded. Little details like this will make you feel at home when you decide what school is perfect for you. For parents, keep money in mind, but be supportive of your child's decision. Keep in mind, they will thank you when they are successful and flying you to Hawaii!!

Before coming to Endicott I wish I was more informed about the FOOD! The food is not that good here, but the cooks do try sometimes to make it as accomidating as possible. I also wish I knew more about financial aid and the different ways I could help my parents out in terms of payment.

Endicott College is a great school to attend if you all ready have some idea of what you are interested in doing. The main attraction is it's beautiful scenary, so if you enjoy being on the beach and being close to Boston, Endicott is perfect for you. If you are interested in meeting a lot of people, this school is not that large but there are many schools in Boston and the surrounding areas that offer available ways to meet people.

Ryan

It is important for students to know what they are looking for. Some schools are very oriented towards getting the student real world experience through internships. Other colleges focus more on the in-class academics. The student needs to do research as what he or she is getting in to. If I had the opportunity to do it all over again I would have absolutely put more into the researching process. In essence, while I did not realize I was doing it at the time, I settled on the college I am attending. While it is a great place to get what I am looking for academically (through internships), the social setting is not what I would like it to be. The student body is like a large high school and that is not the setting I wanted or envisioned when I thought about myself in college. I do not really regret making this decision, because of the relationships and bonds I have created with the faculty and my peers, but when deciding on where to attend, the most important thing a prospective student can do is to know what they are looking for and research their top schools.

I would say the unreasonable Resident Assistants and Resident Directors. The judicial department seems to inform these individuals in a position of power to look for students to screw up rather than happen to come across it. The RAs and RDs regularly storm into situations that are under control and calm rather than attacking a bigger problem.

Someone who wants to get job experience before graduating college. Great internship program. Social life is a little restrained however as it seems as if the school has unreasonable guidelines on drinking and behavior.

Alyssa

I would say that the most important thing abot finding the right college is to research the starting salary for your major and see how it matches up with the tuition of the college. You may love a school but if you aren't in a major that will allow you to pay off your loans, then you're going to start freaking out your junior year as the bills rack up. Save yourself a headache and do the research. Make the most of your college experience by trying something new right away. You'll have friends in your major but its great to have a whole other group of friends from say, the drama club or the student senate. You'll learn something new and build your social circle. My last piece of advice is not to worry so much about the food. You will find food no matter what and there are more important ways to assess a school than by whose pizza is better. Easy Mac, Ramen, and pbj are your best friends no matter what kind of meal plan you have and it just makes visits home that much more special when someone cooks for you.

The sense of community and the "little things" that you only get from going to a private college. For example, when it's cold out we skate on the pond, if campus safety sees us out there, they bring out hot chocolate. There are random festivals and celebrations free of charge with food and giveaways. At the annual "fall festival" they give out free goldfish for your dorm! Its a very friendly school at which you can say hi to anyone in passing and strangers are constantly holding the door for each other. Three private beaches arent bad either!

How hard the nursing major was going to be! They definately don't mess around when it comes to taking your major seriously.

Matthew

I would tell a parent to share advice, be available to help with the process. Mostly be open and honest about the financial responsabilities, and provide their sons and daughters with the resources and information to accept their college mission. The student will be the person attending college and working towards the goal for a better future. Therefore, he or she should choose the college that will fulfill that purpose.

Beautiful Campus Internship opportunities Sports Facilities outstanding People I've met

Sometimes not having the privacy I'd like. Students just barging in your room. Would like each dorm to have its own bathroom. Not having air conditioning.

Kelley

To students: Finding the right college is not all about, finding the best parties. You must know what school will be appropriate for you. All schools have parties and other activities, so don't worry you will have fun! If you want to make lasting friends and have the best college experience I wouldn't make everything about going out and partying. There are many activities that you can do off campus with friends, get to know people and take advantage of everything your school has to offer. Go study abroad, learn about other cultures, and volunteer. Do good for yourself and other, becuase you will open up a lot of doors and it will help you figure out who you are. Find your niche and stay close to those who love you, this isn't a time to abandon family it will actually make you closer. To Parents: You haven't lost your kids to college! They will come home; don't be so overprotective but rather offer suggestions. Your days of being a parent are now merging with the days of being a friend; let them know its okay to talk to you about everything.

Someone who shouldn't attend this school is someone that doesn't work well under pressure. We get a lot of assignments usually around the same time if you are not organizad it will be difficult to ekep up with the work load. Also if you are someone looking for a large party school you will not find it here. students often go out and hang around but usually you see the same people. If you have problems working with people or easily get annoyed a small private school is not right for you.

I attended the University of New Hampshire for 2 years and recieved my asscoiates degree. I then transfered to Endicott College, because I heard about the challenging cirriculum. UNH was an enormous school with people everywhere, here there aren't as many people so it may feel dull. Also, at UNH everyone was available basically at all times; here, since the school is not as large it is often hard to get a hold of people you need. Teacher's and coucellors follow their office hours. Although it may better prepare you for time management.

Nicholas

The best would be to find someone who transfered out to explain what they didn't like. I think everyone is better off going to a school that doesn't cost so much. Everyone is going to get the college experience and your educational experience is what you make out of it, so there is no point over spending on a pretty college.

I wish I knew a lot of things, mostly the direction the school was headed. They are really trying to keep kids from having a good time at this point its definitly accessive. Also it seems like everyone is an athlete here, I wish I knew so many were going to Endicott to play sports.

It is becoming increasingly strict for partys and many of the RAs and RDs are unreasonable, close-minded, unpleasent individuals. With a school that is too small this problem is exagerated. Endicott is mostly good kids, the school has become too tight with rules.

Kathleen

One major thing I would advise is to visit the campus of any University you are choosing to go to. I chose Endicott College, because it is right outside of Boston, but not right in the city. You must know the type of area you want to be in for the next four years of your college career. Before I went to school I knew I wanted to be in Boston but then I thought about it and realized that I wanted to be on an actual campus. Then when I visited Endicott it was one of the most beautiful campus visits I had been on and it truly made my decision clear. Another thing that is of major importance is that you apply to more than one school, because you must have a back up if you do not get into your first choice. You should definitely try to get in touch with people who have previously graduated, or are attending the University to see what their personal thoughts are on the school. This helped me out, because the people I talked to helped to reassure myself that Endicott was the right decision. This advice helped me out immensely.

The worst thing about my school would probably be that there are a lot more wealthy people on this campus than middle class people. Some of the girls think way more of themselves then anyone else i have ever met. However there are people at this school who are very nice and very open about forming new relationships.

One of the most frustrating things about my school is that in certain dorms the RA's are way too harsh. If they hear one ping pong ball the people in the room can get written up. However some of the RA's are awesome it all depends on which one you get.

Endicott College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.