Framingham State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Framingham State University

Payton

Overall, I enjoy Framingham State University. It is boring to be there on the weekends. Framingham State has a large commuter population, so there are not a lot of people there on the weekends. The academics are good, but since going online because of the pandemic the quality of education has gone down.

laura

I love it! One complaint I had initially was that it made it a bit hard for adult students going back to school. Each class meets 4 hours a week instead of 3 like most colleges, so you're almost guaranteed to need to be on campus every day. This makes it hard to be a full time student and work enough hours to get by.

Ryan

In my opinion, Framingham State University is a good school, but there are still plenty of areas that need some form of improvement. Students who transfer in are often told that few, if any of their transfer credits will be accepted, there are never enough spaces for commuters, at least two of the dorms lack central air, making it nearly impossible to sleep through the scorching summer nights, and it's been said countless times that the wifi works as well as a car with four flat tires and no engine. However, the faculty are friendly, passionate, and keep regular office hours, the student health center offers flu shot clinics and counseling, both scheduled and walk-ins, to any and all, there are dozens of clubs and extracurricular activities that cater to every interest imaginable, and the students are friendly, diverse, intelligent, and most importantly, they know how to have fun. In closing, Framingham State is far from the perfect school. The transfer policy is a mess, finding a parking spot often requires divine intervention, and the dorms can often feel like you're sleeping in the Sahara desert, but these faults are easily eclipsed by the ever-helpful faculty, abundance of clubs and activities, and friendly and fun loving student body, with the end result being one of the finest public colleges in the state of Massachusetts.

Shana

I miss college so much! FSU is definitely the school for you if you like small and comfortable. Due to the campus being on the smaller size, it is very easy to make friends and remain friends. There are a lot of fun campus activities and clubs to join also. Most of my professors were very accessible and would do anything to help you learn and graduate. There are also many on campus jobs which is a plus when you are trying to pay for tuition!

Allison

I love it here! The atmosphere is great, being on a small campus fosters a great community feel and it makes being away from home a lot easier. The dorms are decent, mostly just lack in the fact that it's really hot for the first month and the laundry is sub par and expensive. The food is alright, could be better but could definitely be a lot worse. The campus has great resources at your disposal and staff and faculty are helpful in getting you to use them. Their RamTram is great for students who want to get off campus for a while but don't have a car. I've loved my experience here so far!

Katy

If you're looking for a small school that is close to the city, this is it. It is impossible to walk through campus without seeing someone you know. We are only 25 minutes away from Boston, so it is super easy to get there on weekends! Classes are small and there are plenty of professors who will go out of their way to help you. There are plenty of ways to get involved and make friends on campus, even if you are a commuter. For commuters, parking is not always the best, so get to campus early to get a spot. Other than that, FSU is a great school!

Christina

A wonderful place to be a student and a part of the Framily which is what we are called at Framingham State University. The professors are caring and what to help you in whatever way they can. The staff is friendly and the campus is very diverse. The environment is that of a family who accepts everyone for who they are and supports each other.

Asha

I have learnt allot and enjoy my school

Sam

After completing my first year here at this university I believe that there are a few things that everybody should know before coming here. To begin with, this school is a very much you get what you paid for kind of school. If you are a quiet person who likes quiet and does not care for parties (or even noise) than this is a great school for you. The school has a VERY strict no alcohol policy (there are bag checks at every hall) so, be smart! The professor here are average (some are good, some not so), you just gotta go through the grapevine to tell the difference. The community here is non-existent. This school is mainly a commuter school which is a plus and a negative. A plus about it is that when it snows more than 4 inches they cancel classes. However, during the weekends the school practically shuts down. A good 3/4 of the academic buildings shut down. To past time on the weekends most people take the “RamTram” to the mall, shoppers world, Target etc. The school has a limited course catalog (and majors and minors catalog) and freshman do not even get to pick their own classes first semester. The school has a legit fashion program. Grant it, the program is not as good as the ones in New York City (for obvious reasons) however, it is rather up there. The school also has a great early education program where students can get hands-on training from the daycare that is located right on campus.FSU just recently opened (a few years ago) two new dorms named West Hall and North Hall. I do not live in either halls however, I hear those are the nicest halls. I currently live in the worst one (Corinne Towers). Corrine Towers holds approximately 1100 students and has 11 floors (not really “tower”). The tower is the oldest residential building on campus and has been well lived in. The food at the school is Sodexo made and not that great. Hope this helps! Before I forget, the school’s wifi is the ABSOLUTE WORST! And I truly mean it! If you believe that your tuition should cover the ability for you to do homework in your room, good luck to you because it is nearly impossible for me to do that! I needed to take an important video call and the wifi crashed during the middle of my call. As you might be able to tell from my lengthy review this school is “okay”. I suggest that if you have no idea on your major go see Joe Mccaul who is arguably the best advisor (and person to talk to) on campus.

Allissa

It is a very good school that is very inclusive. They do everything they can to make sure the students feel and know they are safe and are capable of many things. The extra curricular are a nice break from the hard classes and help you breathe. The tutoring center is a big help for those hard classes that we may need a little help in.

Genesis

It may not be the best school, but it’s an awesome school. I was in an accident where I was left with a severe concussion and shoulder injury. They were super understanding and even when my brain wasn’t at 100% my professors were amazingly helpful and worked with me and even though it was extremely hard I finished the semester on the deans list. They went over their responsibility to help me finish the year off right.

Kezia

Framingham State is a great college for me. I like that it is a small campus and I can get to know many different groups of people. I feel safe on the campus with 24 hr attendants at the front desk and with campus police. The school offers many resources to help the students both academically and socially.

William

Framingham State University is a great school. The Students and staff are welcoming and try to include you in things to do. We are a very big sports school which supports are sports team immensely. I spend most of my time in the art building with a great group of students and while we delve into our art projects we talk about anything from art to politics without stepping on anyones toes. The food on campus is great and decently priced and we're not too far from the rest of the city. The school always has events going on and trips students can go on that are reasonably priced the art department took people to Germany this past spring. There have also been trips to India Dominican Republic etc., Framingham is a reasonably priced school with plenty to do and a welcoming environment.

Gillian

It is a good school in terms of class size, campus size and education but unless you are involved on campus there is not much to do. It is technically a dry campus so partying is done off campus and most people go home on the weekends. Over all it is a good school but it is very low key.

Liza

Framingham State is an amazing school with a lot of life. Every college student has a struggle fitting in at one time or another but you could meet you best friend in your first class. Going in as a freshman you are grouped with people in your major so you can know and become close friends with people you'll be spending your next four years with. There is no doubt that the professors are kind and available and the food isn't so bad either!

Jacquelyn

It's overall great if you are at least a little social. Gets lonely on weekends but lots of things always going on and easy to keep busy.

Brittany-Marie

There are many friendly and intelligent students and staff at Framingham State. However, if you're into parties, sports and a lot of other activities you will be disappointed here. The school does not provide many activities for you to do. There is also no Greek life which also may be a problem for some. The rooms are decent, as well as the food. I believer Framingham is a great school but it is not for me.

Kendra

If you're a non-traditional student trying to get back into the swing of things, FSU should work just fine for you. There isn't a lot of drive, so if you thrive off competition look elsewhere.

cori

Framingham State University is a fairly good school. It is a small campus so I feel pretty safe. I don't have many complaints about the bathrooms or housing. The food is good and there are options to choose from. Pretty much all the staff is incredibly nice.

Jazmine

I love this school but, as most school are there is always room for improvement. Framingham State University has allowed me to grow as an individual. When I first came here i thought "I'm definitely going to transfer!" but this school has grown on me. The people are absolutely lovely, most professors are willing to be helpful and it doesn't get any better than small personal class sizes.

Marie R

It's a good school for the cost. It's a cheap school, so there aren't many scholarships and the financial aid isn't great. The professors are great, so that's one plus, but the financial aid office is subpar. Overall, Framingham state is a very decent school.

Darisa

Framingham State University is a well balanced campus. Students have a lot of social events, off-campus activities, and great academics. The professors are really dedicated to helping their students succeed. They make it clear by opening up their time for extra help which does not include office hours. Framingham state also includes place like CASA where students can get peer tutored by fellow students or freed teachers. The campus includes many things for entertainment. Each halls have stuff to entertain students like pool tables or lounge areas. We have a nice gym where they have smaller studios filled with different kinds of classes anyone can attend not only students. A game room is located in the main building, McCarthey center. Where there is also the cafeteria including the Grille, a Starbucks and a Toasted. That is another pro to Framingham state. Students have multiple options of places they can get food and how they can also purchases it. Like other schools we swipe into the cafeteria and can get unlimited food. However, there are also other places I listed before where students can get food and another place called Sandellas. Dinning Dollars also can be used at close by restaurants. Framingham state is not a large campus but it includes many great resources to help their students succeed. A small community makes its easier for students to connect with one another. Our student activities are planned by fellow students rather than in teachers or activity board people. Students are in charge of making the environment fit to fit everyone. We are brought together by all the events that are made throughout the day, everyday. Us RAMS work together to make Framingham State University a great campus for everyone.

I really enjoy the community of Framingham State. Everyone is very friendly and there is a large effort to be inclusive. Many faculty members care greatly about the success of their students and actively try to make the classroom a positive working environment.

Savana

I love it here! The classes aren’t too hard. The professors are nice and helpful. The students are nice. I feel safe here. The dorms are great too. The food is good, sometimes I eat too much. The gym is nice, and it’s nice that there is a juice bar in the gym. It’s nice that we have a variety of restaurants, and snack bars on campus unlike some other schools.

Framingham State is a wonderful, affordable school that promotes diversity. I recommend that all my friends in the Boston area go to this school, because it provides engaging classrooms and fun activities. FSU is an amazing school and I wouldn't trade it for any other one.

The people here honestly are not that academically driven. Many are slackers who probably couldn’t care less about their education. I do not like the atmosphere here- not very pleasant in terms of the people who attend the school. Outside of this, the campus is decent and the academics are great, but this college seems to attract an interesting crowd of people to say the least.

Destiny

Its a very nice college and I am elated to be going back to school at this university this coming fall. They seem to have new facilities with an immense amount of amenities and updates.

Jaida

Wonderful school. Top notch facilities. The culture and environment of the school is very welcoming. Students and staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The campus is easy to maneuver. The food and facility is state of the art. There are game rooms inside the dorms as well as the dining hall. Great school.

Sierra

Fun if you make it fun but definitely not for the weak and there are one too many racist incidents. The mood and air conditioning/heat at appropriate times is also god awful. The dining hall is garbage but the grille is just as good as the off campus food and they have a good transportation system set up.

peyton

I am enjoying my time here at Framingham State. I was nervous at first to move away from home, but the social life here is great and it feels just like home to me. I have made great friends and I am enjoying my classes. I have maintained good grades, and have no fear asking a teacher for help if necessary. I would recommend the school and the tuition is reasonably priced as well which is a big plus for my situation.