University Heights, OH
John Carroll University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend John Carroll University

Matthew

John Carroll University is the most welcoming and friendly school around.

John Carroll University is the most welcoming and friendly school around.

I would tell myself to truly visit every school possible.

I brag about the rigor of the business school, and how much better it is compared to their school.

John Carroll is best known for their caring students who contribute to the community in service and in using their education for practical application rather than simply regurgitating from a text book. They have a very good reputation this way.

I have always pushed myself even harder than my parents push me to do my absolute best in school. If I had the opportunity to give myself advice, I would remind myself that college is where one goes to school because one wants to further their education, not because they are required to go. Instead of stressing out about the differences between high school and college, I would encourage myself to look at how similar they will be for me. Because I was always my own motivation in high school, college will not be such a huge transition. I also know that college is a lot more competitive than high school, because everyone has their own desire to be there. Therefore, I would encourage myself to simply do my best, not compare myself to other students, and keep in mind that I should do all that I do for my own benefit. There is no point in wishing I had done what anyone else has done because they are in a different situation. I am very proud of all I have accomplished, and I would not change anything that I have done to make it to this point.

I haven't been there to go to school yet, so I don't know what I would consider the worst thing. I am completely in love with everything about John Carroll, which is why I picked it to go to school there.

JCU is a liberal education. You experience an engaging and personal education there. You have the opportunity to enroll in the honors program, which I did. Teachers are approachable and knowledgeable. The small classroom size helps you receive one-on-one attention. The school is in a great location--a suburban setting but with access to downtown Cleveland which exposes students to arts, culture, food, and more.

I would give myself the advice: KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! I was recruited for the honors program after my freshman year at JCU. After getting over the stereotype of "bookworms, nerds, etc" I enrolled in the program, and it was the best thing that happened to me during my college career! It challenged me in ways I had never imagined and I gained not only a tremendous education, but the personal confidence that the knowledge I have can never be taken away from me. Know that your education teaches you to creative problem-solve & you will be able turn the status quo upside down. As a young working professional I now desperately crave the challenge of graduate school. I know that it will give me the power to become a leader in the workforce, and gain more power to steer my career path. The more education you have, the more power you have to control your own destiny and the opportunity to help others. Lastly, you can lose your friends, your family, your home, or your money but the one gift you will have no one can ever take from you is your EDUCATION!

Someone who wants a challenging educational enviroment and is in control of their academic and career future. A person who likes small classrooms and wants a well-rounded liberal education.

Janel

John Carroll University is best know for its outstanding business program, commitment to social justice and community service, as well as deep-seated Jesuit values. It is a university dedicated to encouraging students to be agents of change in the world. It provides numerous opportunities to get involved in community outreach activities and service trips that promote understanding of differences and compassion for all people.

Live in the present. When we attend college, we can get so focused on future plans and possibilities. Who am I? What do I believe in? What career should I pursue? What are my passions? These questions are important, but should not be your exclusive focus. Utilize the opportunities you have right now. Looking forward can be so blinding, we can stop seeing what is all around us. Do not limit yourself to the activities that fit into your "plan." Step an inch outside of your comfort zone— you may be surprised by the outcome. Attend those events you are not sure about, take a class outside of your major, talk to people beyond your group of friends, and challenge your own beliefs with new experiences. Life does not need to be prescriptive; it can be dynamic and ever-changing. Define your path by your experiences now, rather than by the choices you make to accommodate your future.

It is important that you are self-motivated both academically and socially if you attend this school. The coursework is challenging, and requires dedication. Also, although their are ways to get involved socially on campus, it is not always readily known. You need to seek out opportunities to make friends and find fun things to do on the weekend. The campus does not have as many activities as a large campus may have, so you have to work to find them!

DEANNA

If I could go back in time I would have stayed in school . Life is so hard without employable skills and no certificate or degree. Times are financially hard,and a degree can take you far in this life. Without a degree it is hard to finacially take care of my children. We often go without ,I am so embarassed that I can't take cae of my children. Christmas is especially difficult because we have no gifts ,but we do have food. I have sacrificed taking care of relatives children . In doing so I was not able to take care of my education. Now I find it almost impossible to take care of my own 2 boys. My children and I are hurting because I did not complete college before I decided to have children. It is not easy being on Welfare,or S.S.I.. My life would have been much easier for my children if I had only stayed in college as a young girl. I am proud that I went bact to school,this is my 5th semester. I need help,I can barely pay my rent at times,and my things are in thepawn shop.

Hailey

I would definitely tell myself to calm down and stop stressing. For me, choosing a college was a huge decision that really strained my relationship with my parents. I was and still am coping with anxiety, and I really wish I had known that everything was going to work out. I would tell myself how incredible the experience is and how fun it is to be on my own. I would also encourage myself to apply for more scholarships and try a bit harder to actually do well. I didn't realize then how expensive college is and how many little things are involved in the process, especially since I live out of state and have to pay to fly home. Finally, I would tell myself to study more and try to retain more information from my high school classes. Enrolling in Calculus II as a Freshman and trying to remember the Intermediate Value Theorem is not fun, and I feel class would be a lot easier now if I hadn't been passing notes during the last few months of senior year.

I really like the environment of the school. It's a small campus and classes are capped at about thirty, which you can't get from a big school. Almost everyone is really welcoming and friendly. There are a lot of fun events like the cookout on the quad before a football game, where everyone comes together and gets excited for the game. It's a lot of fun and feels like a big, close community.

I love the food in the dining hall. We always have really good pizza and hamburgers, but everything else changes- we have stations for international, comfort food, and other items. They serve some really amazing food and desserts, like a bowl filled with cotton candy with ice cream and sprinkles on top. We also have an ice cream machine with four different flavors, and two of them rotate every few days.

vernica

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, the first thing that I would say is "you are ok, just the way you are." I would tell myself not to be intimidated by anyone's looks, money, intelligence or any other quality that I did not feel that I had, because everyone grows at their own pace, and that eventually, I would come into my own. I would tell myself to focus on my core classes during my first year and not to worry about impressing anyone. That eventually, I would realize that being a doctor was not my calling. I would also tell myself to be open to other people's lives and points of views. It is a big world and you can become better by not restricting yourself to what is normal to you. In a nutshell, I would explain to myself that college can be very challenging so, make sure that I watched what I ate, exercised, disconnected unsupportive friends and family and focused solely on campus life and getting my degree.

I wish that I had known how to interact effectively within an upperclass caucasian environment. I experienced people who had never had contact with an african american and it was difficult to keep my esteem without having anyone to relate to. I wish that I had understood it to be more of a business environment and not have anticipated the social aspect that is experienced in other colleges.

The person that should attend this school should be incredibly driven with an impeccable work ethic. It would be more beneficial if the person knew what they would like to major in.

Desmond

Work harder to make it in this life. John Carroll was the perfect choice for me.

The best things about John Carroll University is the diversity on campus. I feel that coming from all different backgrounds helps people see the world in different views. This technique helps broaden the thinking of the students and makes them more aware and knowledgable to what goes on in the world they live in. John Carroll University is a good way to meet the positives of the society we inhabit, thanks to the different people that interact with each other.

John Carroll University is a wonderful diverse institution that helps all of there students in various way. The Alumni are very giving and also very encouraging to the students. Professors want their students to succeed in life and they tend to give them all kinds of access to them via office hours, home phone numbers, and cell phone numbers. John Carroll is a world known prestigust institution that puts out a product that produces in the world we live in. John Carroll is the place for people who have goals and dreams that can be accomplished.

Carmin

Well, i actually always wanted to attend school and study to be a pharmacy tech. it was pretty hard before to start but now i just want to start and im so excited, the only thing i need is to get at least some money so my school could be paid off in full and i wouldnt have to worry about it.

John Carroll University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.