Keuka Park, NY
Keuka College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Keuka College

Mariam

They can be quite and some of them can be loud and outgoing. Some of them are very rude and racist. They prefare to mingle with student that are the same race as they are. Most of my class mates are nice and respectful. Am a new student in Keuka, and some of my class mates helped me get on track. Some student are very self centered, but almost all my class mates treats me equally and with the same respect they give to any other student on campus. So far i've got the best class mates at Keuka.

If i could go back in time and talk to my self as a high school senior , i will tell myself not to take my senior year for granted. Alot of high school student start to mess around when they enter 12grade, thinking that's the end of high school. They endup failling the rest of their classes for a stupid reason "am a senior now!" . I wish i was the very best student in high school. i wish i had listened to my teachers and did all the extra works that was assigned to me without thinking is a no credit class so am not taking it. I've learnt that making alot of friends without finding out about them and the things they do can affect me. As the saying goes "show me your friend and i'll show you your chracter." What ever decision you make, will be the result you get in the near future. and i've also leart that, whatever you do, you should do it in your best ability. Because nobody ever did or will escape the concequences of their choices. I will make sure i don't repeat my mistakes again here.

I wish i had known some of the students at keuka college. That way i wouldn't doubt which people i should talk to and which ones i shouldn't talk to. As a new student, you won't be able to tell what kind of habbit some of the students are into, so u endup making the wrong friends because you are new and not familiar with the things they get into. it takes a semester or two to find out. But all thesame i choose my friends wisely because i don't want to endup making wrong friends.

Lindsay

It is okay to make mistakes. There is always room for error so don't sweat the little things! Your parents will love you and continue to love you even if you change your mind or find yourself in a crisis. Be yourself. Love yourself and others will have respect for you. Take risks and put yourself out there. Only when you put yourself in new situations will you realize how truly strong you are. Smile and be happy. Remember what your ultimate goal is; the degree. You won't be able to get a job if you've already ripped out all your hair while getting your education. So relax. Be adventurous but safe. Make the most of every situation and you will find the key to contentment. Never stop dreaming. Let those preposterous ideas keep flying around in your head. Take each idea and run with it. And, lastly, push yourself. Take what you think you can do and triple it. The things you will do are greater than you can imagine. Study, learn, and work hard. Keep pushing through, because this is just the beginning!

Career/In the field experience, very rigorous academic programs

Campus does not provide many weekend activities. No store on campus other than bookstore. You are nearly forced to buy books from bookstore in many cases.

Christopher

I would tell myself to follow my dreams now! I attended a college close to home because I was afaird to venture out. Now I see that I was silly and wrong. A few months into the first semester, I was feeling like I wasn't where I was supposed to be. Keuka now feels like i'm learning what im supposed to be learning where I am supposed to be learning it. Oh! And don't forget to apply for evry scholarship I possibly can.

The worst thing I can think about my current college is the price. I am currently a sophomore here and I am hearing rumors that they are anticipating another tuition increase.

Someone who is serious about their education. This school strives to give the best education they possibly can to any students who wants it.

The most unique thing about this school is their field periods. These are internships that you are required to do in your major for all the years you are attending Keuka. Also you have to do an extra field period if you have a minor. An example of this is if you are an Education major (as I am) you will have to do 4 years of an education field period and if you have a minor in ASL (as I do) then you will also have to complete one field period in ASL on top of other four.

The advice I would give myself is to learn how to time manage better. My first year of college was brutal because I had no idea what I was getting into work load wise, and I was never good at time management. If you do not balance out work and fun you will go crazy with stress!

I came into Keuka College as a transfer, and the only thing I really wish I had known was about transition week. Having attended a different college previously I knew about transfer activities, but Keuka does it differently. They have a ropes course on campus and you are required to go up there to do some team building. It was a lot of fun, but I wish I knew exactly how close I was going to get with my fellow transfers.

Suzanne

Small private school that provided me with an excellent quality and experienced Bachelor's Degree.

The initial orientation at Keuka College provided excellent guidance, techniques, and opportunities for students to transition into college-life, which for some can cause great anxiety. The first 2 years at Keuka provided a base of required core coursework to prepare students for their Bachelor level programs. Keuka College allowed me to participate in the Social Work program where the small private school setting including small class sizes provided individualized experienctial education. Close working relationships were easily developed between professors, students and peers and allowed for a comfortable and enviting environment for learning. Keuka College is the 'National Leader in experiential hands-on learning' (Keuka College home page) requiring students to complete four field periods, each 140 hour internships. The internships may (Junior/senior year)/may not (freshman/sophomore years) be related to the intended major of the student allowing opportunity to explore a variety of fields. I am thoroughly satisfied with the education I received at Keuka College and would not change that experience if offered a chance to redo my college experience.

Keuka College has limited extracurricular activities on/off campus due to geographic location.

Christian

I have made many friends, went to many events including concerts and comedians. I have gained much needed experience in my career field. My college requires an internship every year which is helpful to narrow down exactly what I want to do.

Someone who wants to be in a sorority or fraternity

I am only a sophomore in college; however, I have already gotten numerous experiences that are valuable to me. When I was in high school, I was skeptical to be on my own and to meet new friends. Before college, my mother would do my laundry, so I had to learn how to do my own laundry and learn how to start my own life. Out of my college experience so far, I am confident with my classes and I have settled down to where I can use time management skills to study, do homework, and socialize with friends in order to keep that balance. College has taught me how to become an individual and discover who I want to be; which is an Occupational Therapist. I am no longer living with my parents and relying on them for everything; therefore, I am more independent and I can take on new responsibilities. College is a like a roller coaster. There will be moments of ups and down regarding school work and stress, but having great friends right beside you supporting and encouraging you makes college one of the best experiences of my life.

An individual who likes small classes would like Keuka College. Also, this school provides students hands-on learning and interacting. My major is Occupational Therapy and I am literally learning by doing. This campus is located right on the lake, so any person who loves water would like it here.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that they are strict on who lives on campus. Everyone who is a full time student and does not live thirty minutes away must live on campus in the dorms. I believe they should change this and let anyone who wants to live off campus. One other thing that is frustrating is the limited number of parking spaces.

Danielle

As a student currently enrolled in an Esthetics program for the 2010-2011 school year, I plan to get the most out of my learning experience as possible. I begin classes in September and will graduate in 8 months. During that time, I will learn how to better understand all aspects of skin care and related subjects. The esthetics course is valuable for me because it will teach me necessary skills to further my career as a successful esthetician.

Kendra

My classmates are smart thoughtful nice caring and funny. When one of us has a bad day we can instantly tell and automatically try to cheer eachother up.

Starting out college I was terrified to leave home. I hated the first week, and barely tolerated the first two years. But during the first three years of college, I gained my backbone. I was able to stick up for myself and the things I believe. I became stronger and did not just follow in the footsteps of my brother and friends anymore. I became my own person. I can see the changes in myself when I get home and everyone expects me to be this shy girl still, and I am not anymore. I found myself and what I truly believe in and value in life.

The most frustrating thing is the meal plans because we have to have a meal plan if we live on campus and we have to live on campus. Well most of us eat maybe 10 meals there because the food is disgusting and we are paying for 21 meals a week.

Anthony

I have gotten the opportunity to connect with people in the field of my study. I have seen what it is like on the inside on a daily basis and it helps inspire me to be a teacher and be the best possible teacher I could be.

The best thing about Keuka is the internships each student needs to complete in order to graduate. Each student is required to complete 4 internships of 140 hours upon graduation. This helps connect students with job oppotunities in the future.

The food at Keuka is not very good. Most students at school complain about the food here at school.

Keuka College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.