Keuka Park, NY
Keuka College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Keuka College

Jo

I have not yet attended this college. I do love the campus atmosphere, the friendliness of the staff and the student support systems they do have in place to make sure you succeed. I have known Keuka College has been here in the Finger Lakes my whole life since I grew up in the region, and have yet to hear anything bad about them, their education or their staff. I feel it is a quality institution to get your education from, and especially since the class sizes are smaller so that you get more hands-on, one-on-one attention that each student deserves.

A person that loves to have a close-knit community feeling while in college. Keuaka College has small class sizes, so you get more one-on-one attention. The atmosphere is extremely friendly as well.

So far the most frustrating thing about the school is going through the financial aid process. I have a unique situation and the financial aid process lumps everyone into a limited number of categories. I got lumped into one I shouldn't have, and have had to do a lot of leg work to find the funding to meet the gaps between my aid package and the actual cost of attending, books and all.

If I could go back in time to last year when I was a senior I wish I would have pushed myself harder. There were classes I slacked off in. As soon as I got accepted to college I gave up trying in school. I figured it wasnt necessary, considering I was already in college. As you grow up you learn that knowledge is something that never goes away. You should always be pushing yourself to do your best. Im not saying that senior year shouldnt be fun, but Im saying it shouldnt be an academic waste of time. Senior year is a time when you can actually save alot of money when it comes to college. Taking advanced classes such as college level classes can really save you money in the long run. Speaking of saving money I wish someone would have pushed me alittle harder to apply for all the possible scholarships. When your a High School senior there are much more scholarship opportunites than for any other age group. Senior year is the time when money should be taken seriously.

I wish I would have known how high the college costs are. Going away to college really made me look at how much money I have. The whole college experience is one costly adventure.

This is a school that is out in the country. If you hate the country and feel the need to be around well populated areas this college is not for you.

Devin

My clasmates are so diverse, being from all parts of the country, state, and even world.

I would go back and tell myself, be ready to get a social life. In high school, I had no life outside of what happened in school. When I got into college, I was thrust into friendships and activities. Living with my classmates twenty four hours a day, you see them all the time. Therefore, you spend time with them all the time. Unfortunately, I took a break from studying and school being a number one priority so that I could enjoy having fun and friends. This was a mistake. If I had stayed strong, I would have been able to manage both. So my advice to myself would be to stay strong to academics and to structure my social life around academics.

The worst thing about my school is also the best...The size...With this school being so small, it is good because its personal and everyone knows you. However, the bad part is that everyone not only knows you, but also knows your business in many aspects. There can be lots of drama in a small school that can not just affect a small group, but the entire college population.

Candice

The ability to talk to myself as a high school senior would be an amazing opportunity. If I knew then what I do now I would have had a superbly better start in college. I would first inform myself that it is not as simple to move away from home as I once thought. One must learn to balance school and fun without the help of mom yelling "you can't go out until you finish your homework!" Forcing yourself to choose school over your friends is harder than it sounds. Also, going into college I was very shy, and hesitant to speak with people I didn't know very well. If I could go back I would tell myself to get over my fears and step out of my comfort zone, because college is all about meeting new people. If I wanted to associate only with those I've known for years I should never have left home in the first place! Finally, apply yourself, and DO NOT SKIP CLASS! If your professor sees you are truly trying, he or she will be more likely to assist you when you are struggling with a course.

King

My classmates are intelligent indiviuals, that are very eager to learn. They are very open and are a very resourceful group of young adults. My classmates challenge not only themselve but me as well. Everyone wants to be the top in the class so it makes for very healthy competition. Everyone pushes everyone so its feels like a family.

I would tell myself to do my homework. Now more than ever I have so much work and I wasn't prepared because in high school I put it off. So that would be the first thing I would do, second would have to be take more challenging classes so I was able to tell what college would be like and making the adjustment wouldn't be so hard. My finally advice would be learn how to balance, the balance between college and your social life is one hard thing. If you learn in high school there shouldn't be trouble in college.

When talking about my school, the first thing I brag about is the atmosphere. I am in a small school setting where everyone knows everyone and its easy to get access to professors and mentors. Its a very hands-on campus that the professors are there to help with just a simple talk or a email and they are able to assist you with any problem you have.

Jordan

My school is fairly small and clean with a passionate faculty and determined students.

My school is best known for its Academic success and is considered one of the best North-Eastern State Colleges.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a High School Senior, I would defanitley tell myself to apply to as many colleges as possibe as early as possibe because college life is actually a lot of fun and I would want myself to have a better chance at getting into school and allowed to live on campus instead of waiting like I did before. Also to make sure that i dont slack off when i get to college because it truly only hurts yourself when you decide to transfer to a better school.

Aaron

Keuka College gives you the edge to take the knowledge that you learn in class and apply it to the area of your study through the Field Period.

Keuka College is unique because it allows me to jump into my field of study the very first semester! Classes are exciting and very helpful because of motivated and well trained professors! There is always time for students to ask questions and recieve personalized answers from staff. Being a student there I feel that I am in an eviornment that is pushing me to do 110%! People at Keuka are proud, compassionate, and wise!

If I could go back as a senior I would tell myself many things. First, take all of the AP courses you have availible to you. Every credit ads up, in college you will soon find that a mere 3 credits is worth alot of money and time to which you can use to focus on other classes. Second, dont choose a college based on where your friends go, this is the begining of your lifes chapter, take this time to learn about yourself, as well as be graced with the power of education. If you are going into a health related field of study you should take the time to join a local fire department or ambulance corps, this can give you a reality check and you will realize that this is what your lifes work is dedicated to and that a great college is another tool to get you there. Last, be introverted, in college your effort and your work ethics are your own, a college education is the greatest oppotunity for you to be successful, why wouldnt you put anything less than your personal best, you can start out with great time managment. Good luck senior!

Ryan

A nice school to get experience in your field.

A nice school to get experience in your field.

I would tell myself not to be afraid of what you think will happen. College is a time to open yourself up to new experiences and really findd out who you are. I would let myself know that everything always works out and that my mind will be free to grow and expand, as I myself grow and expand into a better person. I would let myself know that I don't have to worry about not having friends because I have made life long friends at Keuka and am still able to keep in touch with friends from high school. Also I would tell myself that it will pay off to do a lot of extra curricular activities at school because it helps open you up to new experiences!

A person who likes a small sized atmosphere where the work is challenging but not overly impossible. Somebody who is a drinker and likes to party.

Krysta

Keuka College is best known for their ASAP program. This is allowing for me to work full time and attend school full time. This program is also allowing me to attend Jefferson Community College instead of traveling three hours to Keuka. What a great opportunity!!

One of the most imporant lessons learned on my part was taking advantage of my parents helping me pay for my college. I had no concept of money and I didn't give my studies all the attention I should have. Now that I am 25 years old and going back to college and paying for it all on my own, I am much more aware of the importance of my grades and how much money college costs. Working full time with an Associates degree is not taking me as far as I would have thoght when I first graduated. That is another imporatant lesson I have learned. I should have never stopped at an Associates degree, I should have continued when I was fresh out of high school. That is okay though, I am determined and ready to complete my Bachelor's and Master's Degree with a little financial help hopefully.

Again, I would say that the ASAP program partnering up with other colleges to allow opportunities to area's that may not have many schools to offer undergraduate and graduate classes. This is opening many doors for many people to increase job opportunities in rural areas.

Keuka College is a tight knit college that acts like a family and allows students to experience new things.

I would tell myself to research as many colleges and visits as many colleges as you have opportunities to. Also, I would tell myself to go for my dreams and do not always disregard something because you are worried about money. Experience new things and have the time of your life because you will never get these opportunities again.

Someone who is looking for a small school environment, small class sizes, and extremely valuable experiences in hands on learning.

Keuka College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.