Riverside, CA
La Sierra University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend La Sierra University

Jawon

The first thing that I would tell myself is "Remember what you are working for." I have had some challenges in my life, and money was often times an issue. I have had to miss out on different oppurtunities because of money. In high school, I did okay. I could, however, have done a whole lot better. I would tell myself, "Don't settle for just a B in that class. Strive for an A." Grades make a huge difference in how much schools offer you. I would also tell myself to get more involved extracurricular activites. Colleges love to see that you are involved with different things. I was involved in high school. I was Senior class president. But there was much more that I was capable of. The last thing I would tell myself is, "Jawon, keep applying for scholarships!" I would explain to myself that just because I didn't win these scholarships, doesn't mean I should just give up. I don't want to keep burdening my parents with the stress of helping me come up with money for school. "Keep pushing, Jawon. It will all be worth it in the end."

It's not an extremely large campus, which makes it more personable. It's easier to make bonds with people on a smaller campus.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that they don't serve meat in the Cafeteria. It's a Seventh-day Adventist institution, and the church has certain views on meat eating.

Moises

My school is located in a very nice location and it is constructing brand-new buildings

If I was to go back in time to give myself some advice, i would tell the following: First, i would tell myself that take as many electives or classes that i would like regarding my major. Second i would tell myself to study hard on my math and english classes to get a good grade and not have to take a a low english or math class in college. Third , i would tell myself to use flashcards when studying for exams. And finally i would tell myself to look for scholarships and apply because u may never know when u need money for school, because the school that you may want to go could be really expensive.

The most frustrating thing is having to find parking during the first few weeks of the semester.

David

Westmoreland County Community College is a simple community college which provides a great start for students who wants to save money.

Do not change anything that you did during high school, but try to spend some more time with your friends and keep a good relationship while you can.

Westmoreland County Community College has the best pricing and have a large variety of classes to choose from.

Quiche

Pray!!! College is going to be the most horrible and wonderful experience you've ever had. You will miss out on many things being away from your family, but you will gain many new experiences and friends for life. You will get homesick, you will cry, you will miss birthdays, people will die, but even still you need to stick with it. Also talk to your professors, they are people and will be concerned for your well being. They want to see you succeed probably just as much as you want yourself to. Socalize, despite how shy you are, the people are friendly and want to know more about you. A couple of weeks before school ends for summer break, start packing, you will not want to wait till the last minute, because there is no way you will finish before checkout. Stay focused, take notes and STUDY!!! Oh and just because you get money from financial aid does not mean you should go spending it randomly. And there is no food better than a home cooked meal so eat at home as much as possible. And avoid fast food, you will definitely get enough of it in college. SMILE!!!

This school is very friendly. The people here have a genuine concern for other people, and are always looking to make new friends. The people at this school, faculty, students, staff, and even the cleaning people look out for one another and are willing to help when it is needed.

The worst thing about this school would be the concern that people tend to have for drawing people in. Sometimes it seems that the school is more concerned with the new students than the ones it already has. They are constantly making renovations to make things on campus look more appealing, yet they seem to be overlooking the things that really need to be fixed. The campus is already beautiful, now they should fix the problems that are here.

Rodrigo

It is a humble full of energy with excellent school resources, each classroom consist of no more than 25 students.

I would tell myself to make more research on schools rather than to stick to one, and to make sure that each major is different and none of them even if you think there easy there all hard but at the end it is worth it. Also to always keep moving forward.

Class room attendance because the less students are in the class the more there is one on one with the professor.

Kathy

I think what is neat and interesting about my school is the way in which they hold true to their faith. At first, I was worried about attending a school that was different than that of my own religion, but after spending a year in it, I was actually excited about attending it for my sophmore, junior, and senior year. I cannot put into words how I admire their religion, which made me grow and want to experience more about my own religion. Also, the faculty here is beyond heartwarming. No matter what you need, they're there for you.

If I were allowed to see myself as a senior in high school, I would at first look at me and see the changes that I've undergone in just one year. I'd take my younger self by the arm and begin preparing to inform me how college is, and how different it is from high school. I would probably joke around with myself, saying that college isn't really my thing and not waste my time in going; just something to break the ice. I would probably fail at this seeing as how I am very bad at keeping a straight face though. I'd explain how college life is no walk in the park, like many of us daring to embark on that step know by now, but I'd want that message above all to sink in: it is NO walk in the park. Basically I would do everything in my futuristic power to show that college, although enjoyable, nurturing and valuable to learn more about one self is not an easy feat. It requires more than simple essays and eagerness. It requires strength to want to accomplish something, and make something of someone's life.

It is sort of hard to try to identify some flaws in my school, being that I really do enjoy being a part of it. But if I had to choose anything that "irks" me about my school, it would have to be the sports division in this school. We are a division 3 school, in which we don't have any scholarships offered for being in a versity team, which is a shame because we have many talented players in soccer, basketball, and baseball even. The coaches are also strong leaders and really know what they are talking about!

Callie

We have a great science department and a wonderful business department, however, the school is very religious also.

I would tell myself to work harder on my essays and research papers. I do not believe high school prepares you fully for that, I even went to a pre school and I still was not prepared for the types of papers I was going to be writing in college. I would also remind myself not to worry as much, though college is not like high school, it is not something to be scared of. People have gone through college many times, also there will be people there to help you. However, my brother and I are the first to go to college in our family, so it was a new experience for us all. The last advice I would tell myself is to be prepared for all the opprotunities that one could get. There is so much one can do in college, like traveling abroad for example. Be prepared to live your life to the fullest, save your money, have fun, and learn about many different cultures, religions, and people.

My school is mostly for people who want to go into medical school. La Sierra is a great school for Pre-Med, Bio, math, and nursing. The history department is small at my school, however, I believe that though it is small, it is well-rounded and provides a lot for its students. But because the school is mostly for sciences, the history department is not as well funded as the others and again it's small. I wish we had a more money and more classes offered in different areas of hisotry.

William

The spirituality is great and the diversity is mind blowing. There are many different cultures on campus for everyone to learn from. I love it.

Make sure you look at your interests. Don't make base your college choice on where your friends might be going. the best thing for you might not be the best thing for them. When you separate yourself and spread your wings you'll come into your own and discover who it is you are. Choose a school that will benefit you socially, academically, and mentally.

How strong the drama department was. If I had know that ahead of time I would have definitely attended this school right after graduating from high school. I would have also attempted to get into other California schools in the area.

Logan

If I could go back and give myself advice, it would be to slow down and enjoy life. Things only move at a faster pace as you grow older and the responsibility that you think you want is often more than you realize. Take things in stride, don't take yourself or other things too seriously. Having a positive outlook can make our break your day and don't forget to look at things from an outside or different perspective. Don't get so focused on things that you miss what is truly important. Remember, personal reward isn't always tangible in the physical sense and it is often the unquantifiable rewards that are the greatest. Oh and start saving and giving to charity now (10-20% of your pay to each), it creates a good habit that will increase your financial stability greatly. Most importantly, don't forget who you are or where you came from. You have been through a lot to get to where you are so don't take it for granted.

Frannie

My classmates are outgoing, nice, and willing to help me out when I asked for it.

If I knew the things I know now, I would advice myself to apply for more scholarships whenever I had the chance or save as much money as I can. I have realize that it is very hard to concentrate on my schoolworks when I have to worry about paying off my bill, or else I wouldn't be able to register for classes.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the tuition. It is so expensive, I stress out over it. I wish I could have more scholarship to cover it.

La Sierra University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.