Riverside, CA
La Sierra University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend La Sierra University

Margarita

If I could go back knowing what college life is like, I would encourage myself to attend a Community College. I always feared going to a community college because everyone I knew that attended one was not going any where with their educational career. I also had heard that it was very difficult to transfer out and that was someting I really feared. But now, I would tell myself to attend a community college to save money. However, I would focus on getting my work done and talking to my advisor to ensure I stay on task inorder to transfer to a Cal State. By doing so, I believe I would have saved myself the financial stressors my family and I now have.

I wish I would have known how expensive La Sierra University actually is. My first year I was awarded with enough financial aid to survive. However, after my first year, it has become more and more difficult to pay for my schooling.

I feel that the worst thing about my school is how they are so invested in awarding financial aid to freshman to attract them to La Sierra University. Once they have those students in, financial aid is cut from them and used to bring in new and more freshman.

Caleb

I would encourge myself to take more college courses and to take them seriously. Now I realize how much that would have helped me to get ahead in units and experince.

The community at La Sierra University is the greatest assest to the students. I find that all the people and friends that I have met there enhance my experience and make me able to reach my goals.

The most impressive thing about my University to me, is the fact that there is a close student professor relationship. I get the opporunity to get to know all the staff. I have even done extensive research with professors and been able to help publish scholorly documents.

Danilo-Yvon

LSU is best known for its conservative campus, and small student to teacher ratio.

LSU is a private institution with an Seventh-Day Adventist based background.

Don't go to college just because everyone says its the right thing to do. Most importantly you want to make this decision for yourself. Attending college is a big decision, ask yourself these questions. How will this effect me financially? Do I have time for this type of commitment? Am I ready to take the necessary steps in order to achieve a degree and get a practical profession? Grades are everything, make sure you dedicate your full attention to the choices you make. Be responsible.

Gabriela

Parents and Students should first sit down together and decide what the student would want to major in and if they would like a campus around your area or out of state. Once you have decided on your major you can look up schools that have your major and find out more details about the school. You might want to find out if that school has a great program that can help earn your desired major. Once you have found your school, the next thing to do is to go and visit the campus. It is good to get a feel of the school and to find out if you can see yourself attending that school on a regular basis. Just have an open mind towards what the school has to offer and you will survive. Most people are anxious and worried about attending college, but once you have completed the first week of school, you will be used to the environment. Next thing you know, you will be wishing it was summer already.

Anybody could attend La Sierra University. If you were planning to work in the dental, medical, buisness, religious, or education field this is the right place to come. It's a little pricey to attend but just try to apply for financial aid and you won't have to pay as much. We are a christian based university and we like to reach out to other countries and try to make a difference in different places.

It's a seventh day adventist university and everybody there is so friendly. They are funny and honest and all the missionary work they do just makes you a better person.

Cynthia

Going into college is a whole new world. It is when the student is not only entering a new level of school but is entering a world of being an adult and finding themselves. My advice is this. Find a school that captures your heart. Find a school that gives a feeling of welcoming and that inspires you to break out of boundries. Do not be afraid of expressing who you are, it is what allows you to make your mark in history. Allow yourself to be true to who you are. There is not much I can really say about making the most of a college experience, but that it is simply up to the student. The decisions you make in school will reflect how far you want to get in life and what you really strive for.

I really dont think i have anything i wish i would have known before i got to la Sierra. there were no surprises going to la sierra .

I dont believe there is a "kind" of person that can and can not attend college. La Sierra is a tough school but at the same time it also is a school that is willing to help others if they think they cant finish of if the person feels lost. Lasierra is a great school to find yorself and is great in letting everyone express themselves in any way.

Denise

La Sierra University is a diverse campus that empowers the students to make a difference through their education and spirituality. La Sierra University is a diverse campus that influences those that attend as well as those in the community.

The advice that I would give to parents and students would be to take the time to reserach and visist colleges that you are interested in. There are so many colleges that offer a lot of great things and so it is important to do reserach so that the family and student can find a school thata has what they are interested in. I also believe that it is important for the student to decide where they want to go rather than depending on their friends or relatives. I would also tell the student to not hesitate to travel and attend a school that is in another area than they are use to. I believe that diverstiy is a beautiful thing and college gives students the opporunity to come in contact with other cultures and ethnic groups.

The best thing about my school is the diversity of the campus. There are many different cultures and ethnic groups at my school which allows the students to build relationships with those that are different than them selves. My school also has a lot of unity. The students and staff work together so that our campus can be one and make a difference in society.

Orlando

La Sierra University is an excelent school. I highly recommend it because the teachers, administrators, and staff are very supportive and caring of the students. There are a variety of very interisting extracurriculum activities on-campus. In addition, the food is excellent, they serve healthfull dishes. The teachers are always well prepared for classes, they are very engaging. The learning environment here at La Sierra is excellent.

I advice parents and students to take a deep active role in college searching. Select the college that offers the best education for the money; a college that has a very supportive system of teachers and administrators and staff is a good one. Teachers at La Sierra are very encouraging of learning, they are engaging, they make learning a way of life. I would have selected La Sierra University the first time if I had'nt been influenced by my peers to go to the school of their choice. It was'nt a bad school, but it lacked the supportive system La sierra University offers and which is very important to me. The staff at La Sierra University is very professional, friendly, and compasionate. There are employment opportunities on campus where students get to use their thinking skills and learn new skills for their own professional advencement. Here, at La Sierra University, there are ammenities around campus: Student sport practice, Swimming pools, etc.. One of the best experiences students have is to make best friends from different countries.

Nothing is bad here at La Sierra University.

Natalie

College is one of the most important times in a person's life. Not only does one earn the education that will later provide for one's family, but one also makes friendships and has life experiences that will last. I think that the best advice when looking for the right college is to actually visit the campus (if possible) to see what it really has to offer. Go and talk to the department that interests you, and see what it really has to offer. Another good idea is to make a pro/con list about the main colleges that interest you. And most importantly, go where your heart leads you.

Although the campus is beautiful, and has a lot of rich history, alot of the buildings are really old and need to be replaced, such as the girls' dormitories. Also, tuition is pretty high.

I usually talk about the friendly, family-like atmosphere and the amazing teacher to student ratio. There are lots of great things about LSU, especially the Christian feeling, and having a church right across the street. The professors are great, and when you aren't studying, there is lots of stuff to do in Riverside.

Noemy

Once you have narrowed down your choices make sure to visit the schools preferrably during the regular school year. Talk to current students and get a feel for what life there is like.

La Sierra University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.