Sylvania, OH
Lourdes University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lourdes University

Casey

Lourdes College is a strong foundation that promotes higher education and success!

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would give myself some very valuable advice that would help me become a successful, career orientated individual. I would tell myself to adopt regular study habits and times, never procrastinate, take advantage of tutoring offered by the college, use study guides, and ask plenty of questions.

Terry

Lourdes College is a small, private college in a suburban setting where a great deal of individualized attention is given to each student to help him/her achieve his/her highest potential.

So, finally you are a senior! You have gotten to the end of a long, winding road to adulthood. Now, you are ready to begin your life as an adult. You may still be a little afraid of where life will take you. You will have many decisions to make. Try to choose wisely. Be open to the possibilities that are before you. Challenge yourself! Don?t be afraid to take risks! Don?t compare yourself to anyone else. When you compare yourself to others, you will always come up short. You will be comparing your insides with everyone else?s outsides. Everyone has fears and everyone makes mistakes. The difference is how you handle your mistakes. Don?t be afraid to say ?I?m sorry? and mean it when you say it. Never give up! Strive to become the kind of person you would be proud to have as a friend. Make a commitment to learn something new every day. Be kind even when no one is looking. Have faith. You are one-of-a-kind and you have unique talents to offer the world. Celebrate them!

Lourdes College differs from bigger schools because it offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs using small class sizes where it is possible to really learn.

Logan

I would tell myself to not follow the crowd and go to a "big college" just because a lot of people do. I went to Bowling Green State University as a freshman for one semester then to Owens Community College for the rest of the school year. BGSU was very expensive and not what I wanted. I then transferred to Owens once I found out I could take the same classes and save a lot of money. Once I was done with my pre-requisites I chose to come to Lourdes College. I choose Lourdes because of the small campus size and small classes. I did not want a large college. I knew Lourdes had a great nursing program and would give me the preparation for graduation that I needed. Overall, I feel high school seniors need to know that they need to do what is best for them and not follow the crowd. It is your money and time you are giving to your college education and you want to make the best choice for you.

Lourdes College is a great place for a variety of students. It is a small campus with a close knit community. The classes are small and the teachers are friendly and want you to succeed. It would be great for a new college student who does not want a large campus. I feel it is also good for the nontraditional students because of the small class size. There are also many resources available for the nontraditional student to allow them to succeed.

The most frustrating thing about my school to me is that they do not provide a good way for transfer students to become involved. I transfered to Lourdes this semester. I feel they should provide some type of group event for all transfer students so we can feel like we fit in some type of group at Lourdes. I do not feel comfortable going to a random event by myself. If there was something for transfer students it would give me a chance to meet others in my situation.

Stacie

Lourdes College promotes high academic and ethical standards.

Lourdes College promotes high academic and ethical standards.

High School is NOTHING like college! You are not "stuck" in the classroom for 6+ hours a day. You have indepence and freedom to choose your classes as well how you will spend your free time. Do not be afraid of college! Everyone is in the same boat. It is okay to not know something, or be anxious or scared-but do it afraid anyway! Ask for help-that is why they are there! They WANT you to attend their school! They WANT you to do well. They WANT to help you. They WANT you there~just go! GOOD LUCK!

The high academic standards and the fact that you really feel like your instructors care.

Linda

I have a variety of classmates. Some people are 25 and older who are changing or advancing their careers. Some are high school students taking college courses while attending high school as well as students who are 18 to 25 Some students have learning disabilities and some have physical handicaps that bound them to wheel chairs. Also, there is a mixture of male and female students and students of different ethnicities. Lourdes is a melting pot of all types of people with different personalities, backgrounds, and life experiences.

I would definitely remind myself to stay focused on my education and not give up. College is more than just the school work, it is an experience that helps round an individual. I would tell me that there are many different financial solutios to help pay for an education such as work studies, financial aid and other loan processes, as well as a variety os scholarships. If most people would finance a house for 30 years wouldn't you finance your education that will carry yo through the rest of your life. College educations open the door to many opprotunities such as a career and later career advancement. It is much easier to do when your young than when you are 35 years old and have a family. i would also tell myself to get involved in the social events that the school offers, you never know who you will meet. This can help with networking when it comes to obtaining a job after graduation.

Lourdes College is a college for all people, of all ages, races, and religions. At 35 years old, I have felt at ease since my first day. Lourdes Collge is helpful to all students to ensure they attain their education. Due to free tutoring in all classes, any student can get the help they need. Another advantage Lourdes offers are free workshops in computers applications and other subjects that students need. Any person who may have a disability such a physical handicap or a person with learning disabilities such as A.D.D. can get help and assistance at Lourdes.

Kaleigh

They are a private college with affordable tuition. The nursing school is well know .

It is very personal. The teachers and staff know you by name and youre not just another face in the crowd

Going to the biggest, most well known college is not always the best choice. Sometimes going to a smaller schoool will help you in the long run due to all of the personal attention you recieve. Especially if you go into nursing, you want a smaller competition pool! The college name on the degree dosent matter as much as the degree itself!

Aileen

Lourdes College has an extremely welcoming and friendly learning enviroment where the teachers along with other students will do anything to help you succeed in your chosen field.

Lourdes College provides an extremely friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Due to the small class sizes each of your professors will know your name within the first 2 weeks of classes. Lourdes offers all kinds of programs to help you succeed such as learning communities, free tutoring, and times to conference with each of your professors personally. Lourdes wants all of their students to succeed not only in the class room but in the real world as well and they are willing to do anything to help you get to where you want to go.

College is not only the best years of your life, but the most important time of your life. Although having fun is an important part of college in order to relax and relieve some stress, it is most important to choose a college where you will be able to focus and recieve an excellent education. Although the next 4 years may be very difficult it is going to pay off when you are able to graduate and recieve an excellent job with the wonderful eduacation you have recieved. As long as you focus on your studies and recieve the best grades your opportunities will be endless throughout your life. The education you recieve will last forever.

Lynn

I would tell myself that I can do the work. I need to make sure that I attend all of my classes which means that absenteeism is not acceptable. I need to be focused on what is expected of me. I need to do the homework because it is important to be prepared for my classes. Also, do not be afraid to ask questions if you do not understand something. Always be open to learn new things and work with others.

All kinds of people should attend this school. The diversity of the students make for interesting classes when it comes to discussions and group projects.

I brag about the fact that the facility is very helpful and always available when you need help or have questions. Also, the various resources centers that are offered for help on papers, projects or research.

Tim

Good adivce to look back at is to get ready for college now. Transition is quick and difficult to get ready for when you become a college student. You can never prepare too early for college. College is a time where the responsibility relies directly on you. It is a time where you must make a choice to stay dedicated and succeed or fall off and stop. Prepare now just as I did and you will be ready for the tough transition.

The best thing about Lourdes College is the easy accessible classes and the small class sizes.

I wish I had known more about all the building sand activites that are happening at Lourdes College.

I would tell myself, GO TO LOURDES! I did not want to go here after a campus visit as a senior because it wasn't the big, fun campus I had envisioned. Remember to work hard, put aside the socializing and friendships and get through school. You can make this degree achievable in four years instead of six, if you just do the work on time!

Its not a 24 hour campus. Working puts a strain on time, and I need to use a computer lab sometimes at 11 oclock at night!

Lourdes University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.