Sylvania, OH
Lourdes University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lourdes University

Andrea

Lourdes University is absolutely horrible. If I could do it all over again I would not choose this institution. If you have an issue at lourdes, then do not try to do anything about it because nothing will be done. The president and the higher ups will choose the faculty and staff before they even decide to hear you out. The athletic department is bias and they will let you be belittled and threatened and if you have proof, they don't care. If you're looking at lourdes, make sure you don't have any issues with anyone because nothing will be done.

Gwen

Lourdes offers what our local colleges do not. They offer a small class size and instructors who are committed to education. Their nursing program specifically offers a 1 to 6 teaching ratio, providing many opportunities for skills practice, critical thinking application and guided studying.

Halee

Lourdes University is a very small school with very few students. This allows for classes to be extremely one on one with the professor. It is very easy to ask questions and reminds me a lot of high school. Many of the students who attend Lourdes are athletes and have a deep love for their game. Personally it is not the best fit for me because it is not exactly what I was looking for in a school. It is much smaller than I would have hoped and lacks ways for students to get involved. If someone is looking for a small school with very few students and small class sizes, Lourdes will be the perfect fit for you. The campus is small but very beautiful. The professors are easy to communicate with which makes school a lot more enjoyable. In the end go to a school that you love and make sure it has everything you want. Make a list of all the things you are looking for in a school and if Lourdes University has those things, go there you will not regret it!

Jamie
Feels like home!

Feels like home!

The faculty and staff at Lourdes are amazing. There are very small classes (maybe 30 students in a class) and the professors really get to know you. It is truly a gorgeous campus, and they have recently added more housing.

Gabriella

Lourdes University is a small close knit community where the faculty and staff truly care about their students' success. We are an active part of the community in which the school is located. We learn in dynamic settings that encourage students to develop critical thinking skills and challenge our ability to grow beyond what we ever thought possible.

Have confidence in your choices and know that your quest for higher learning will lead you to a beautiful faith-based community that will support your growth. The higher price tag is worth the education you'll get at a small private college. Know that you're fully prepared for college and take the time to cherish the experience and embrace the new challenges!

Lourdes Freshman Year Experience class ensures all incoming students get off to a great start and have every resource possible to succeed. Together as a group we attended bon fires, sporting events and a day of summer camp by the lake. We volunteered together to enhance the community surrounding campus and got to know our neighbors. This "FYE" class gave the students and professors the chance to get to know one another on a personal level and launch the year with energy and excitement.

Anjelique

School work is number one it will always be! Your career is going to be one of the most important things in the future if you want to live a happy, healthy, stress free life. School first, social life second! Get involved on campus and get to know everyone, also always ask for help when necessary. Never walk around confused!

A very dedicated person should attend this school who is intersted in giving their all and contributing great things to the community.

A type of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone who doesnt try as hard as they can and put in their effort to make themselves, and the community better.

Mallory

It is very small and has a nice city.

It is very small and has a nice city.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that I need to be calm. Nerves are a part of going to college, but remember that you are upset about things that haven't even happened yet! Every freshman has never been to college before and you are all on the same playing field. You are a smart girl and, with hard work, you will keep up academically. I would also tell myself to choose your college wisely, you will be there for the next four years of your life! And lastly, stick to your guns. Your morals are very important to you and it's good to stand by what you believe even when others don't. I would tell myself that people will tease you for not drinking, however, it will pay off in the long run and you will meet friends that like you for who you are!

The worst thing about my school is that it does not feel like a college. I think my high school was bigger than Lourdes.

Heather

If I could talk to myself as a senior, I would have told myself that I needed to follow my dreams and look at Lourdes. As a senior, I knew I wanted to be either a forensics expert or a detective, but I allowed my school counselor to talk me out of it, and decided to go to Albion College majoring in English. I would tell myself about all the struggles I would go through at Albion, surviving two weeks on $8 or constantly being told you owe this much with isthousands more than they originally told you. I would admit to myself that Albion was a good learning experience, but I would tell me that Lourdes could offer me those same opportunites and save myself a lot of trouble.

I think the best thing about Lourdes is that everyone there is friendly and willing to help. I was a transfer student from Alb ion College, and I have not had nearly as many problems with Lourdes as Albion. When I need help, I know I can go to that department and they will be truthful and try to help the best they can.

Patrick

The main point that I would make is to apply for any and all scholarships that I qualify for. I didn't see the virtue in scholarships back then, and missed several deadlines, therby turning down free money that I wouldn't have had to pay back. I also made some poor decisions regarding the school I chose. I would tell myself that the hour- long drive from Piqua to Lima every day is nearly impossible, and will be my downfall at UNOH, which it ended up being. I would tell myself to do what I eventually did, and should have done in the first place. Go to a local community college, where tuition is low and employment is easier to maintain while attending. I would then tell myself that once I have completed at that community college, to pick a 4 year program within a 50 mile radius of my parents house, not relocated for a Bachelor's program, since that very well end up becoming my downfall here at Lourdes. I was pretty hard headed back then, though, so I probably wouldn't listen to myself, and would just let history repeat itself anyways.

I wouldn't brag about going to Lourdes. It would be kind of like bragging about being part of the KKK, you just don't do it.

Cynthia

Small, private, Catholic, diverse and welcoming liberal arts university, situated on a beautiful, quiet, suburban and conveniently located campus.

Get (at least) your undergraduate degree while you're young! Okay, so even if you didn't know what you wanted to do, get that undergraduate degree in liberal arts; at least you'll have that basic education and you'll be well rounded. When you figure out what you want to do, go to graduate school, get a certificate, get job training, start you own business, whatever, but that bachelor's degree is a must. No, you won't "need" it when you graduate from high school because jobs will still be plentiful in 1974, but trust me, seemingly overnight, the bachelor's degree will become what a high school diploma used to be: the basic credential for entry into the workforce. Think of your undergraduate degree as an insurance policy. Having insurance coverage on your house will not guarantee that your house won't burn down, but if it does, you'll be able to rebuild. Likewise, your degree will not guarantee employment, but it will give you a "stick to fight with;" and trust me when I tell you that you will be so glad you didn't wait until middle age to get it!

People of all ages seeking a values based education on a small campus, with small intimate classrooms/classes. Historically Lourdes (when it was still a college) appealed to people like me: older, first time or returning students, working adults, and many divorced (or otherwise single) parents. Within the past decade or so, there has been a concerted effort to draw traditional aged students (particularly when the school became a university) with the addition of team sports, near-campus apartment-style student housing, among other amenities attractive to younger students.

Lourdes University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.