Sylvania, OH
Lourdes University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lourdes University

ariel

very well developed and nice people and teachers are excellent but once you cannot pay they dont help with alturnitives

my classmates are nice they are funny and communicate well and we get along great

I would tell myself to go to a community college and then finish at a university becuase i have used up all of my finacial aid and now i do not know how i am going to pay for school and my school is very expensive. They suggested to take out loans from different banks but becuase of my credit score those banks have devied me, i do not understand why school is so expensive and why it is so hard to pay. It seems like is this world the bad or negative is easy to get to but when it has to involve positive uplifting events it is hard to suceed in those, but do not get discouraged God has a plane

Anna

I would tell myself to learn study skills and time management as soon as possible. I would tell myself I would be responsible for my education, not my teachers. I would have to work hard, and it will be difficult. But I would tell myself to keep pushing forward, and to tell others when I was struggling because they wanted to help. I would tell myself college will be very different but as long as I tried to learn everything, such as how to manage time and how to study, I will be perfectly fine.

The best thing about my school is how small it is. It is impossible not to run into someone you know. Every teacher knows the names of their students. It has a community feel that I value greatly.

People who do not care about communities or doing well shouldn't attend. Teachers know who you are and will hunt you down if they need to. People who wish for more independence and a bigger school should not go here.

Kyle

We have a very beautiful campus and the class sizes are small. For the most part, the professors want us to succeed and help us as much as they can.

Follow my gut instinct and keep myself busy so I can succeed and make a life for myself.

Dual majoring as a Criminal Justice and Social Work major is challenging but I enjoy it and apply myself while also playing baseball at Lourdes University on a scholarship.

Zachary

I would sit myself down, look myself square in my eyes and say "Stop slacking. Start caring about your grades now because that G.P.A. translates into money for us. All high school boils down to in the long run is making your college experience easier. I would not be struggling to have all the bills paid, and you may have the ability to save me (us) from having to work 40 hours a week to do so if you only put forth some effort in class, and lock down some scholarships I could never attain. On a personal level please stop trying to be an extrovert. We are introverts to the core. The sooner you come to terms with that, the sooner you will come into your own. One final note. Please be nicer to mom. She will come to respect you, and she will become more important to you as you get to know her more. She means so well, and all although you will not want to admit it for a couple more years, but she WAS RIGHT about Rebecca. Sleep Less. Write More. Less praying. More Doing.

I Would say Lourdes University is perfect students who enjoy small classes, a comfortable family esque setting away from the party heavy universities making up the rest of the major Ohio schools. Lourdes has a diverse student body both racially and age. Unfortunately the future for Lourdes seems to be headed towards athletics which I believe will change the dynamics of the school over the next several years.

If you plan to have a frat house experience similar to that of the American Pie movie series Lourdes is not the school for you. Try BG

Timothy

Lourdes University is a private organization that is strongly rooted in a belief in God. Growing up in a Christian home environment, I have been taught the importance of putting God first in everything I do. Lourdes University has provided me with a learning environment conducive to that lifestyle and faith. Other schools that I considered were less expensive, but they did not have this Christian foundation of beliefs to enhance my educational experience.

Twenty years has passed since I graduated from high school, but it seems like yesterday that I walked across the stage to receive my diploma. I began my college endeavor having no clue what I wanted to do with my life. If I could go back to my senior year, I would have been less anxious about the road ahead of me. Although rocky at times, things always seemed to work out. Even though I was in the upper academic echelons of my graduating class, I would have pushed a little bit harder so that I could have received academic scholarships. During my senior year, I didn’t realize how much that money would help enhance my future and make life less financially cumbersome. Also, I would have focused on career paths immediately out of school that required licensure. Jobs requiring a license to practice seem to always have opportunity and pay well. I would have forced myself to focus on a regulated career and chosen from those careers. The things that I would have told myself during my senior year are things I will definitely share with my children, much earlier than it had taken me to realize.

I am just beginning my second Bachelor of Science degree at Lourdes University. My first class does not start until tomorrow. Up to this point, there have been no frustrating aspects of new/transfer student admission process.

Maria

My school is best know for having an amazing nursing program. Students who are able to get into the program and graduate from it, are almost always able to find a job in their field of study right after graduation.

If I could go back in time to when I was a senior in high school and tell myself about college, I would tell myself to not think about anything other than myself. College is not how it is shown on TV. College is about learning and getting an education. That is the only thing that I should be focused on. Having a lot of friends, going our and being "cool" is not as important as exceeding in life. I would tell myself not to worry about what others think of me. Going to school all dressed up, in nice clothes and such will not matter in ten years, when it is time to apply for a job. What will matter is how you did in school, not how you looked. Id tell myself to love myself for who I am, and just focus on whats important. Stick to my goal. Graduate. Be successful.

The best thing about my school is the library. It is not too big but not small. It is really homey and has great atmostphere. Best place to go to, sit down and study. Everyone is always were helpful and nice.

Heather

My classmates are enthusiastic about learning and helpful in achieving a rewarding education.

I would advise myself to be more organized, time efficiency is essential in college. It is important to be able to stay focused and study. This seems like a simple concept, but when a professor says you need to study three hours for every hour in class, they truly mean that. I would have also told my senior self to enjoy high school and not worry so much. College can be stressful, but worrying too much does not get As for grades. A student excels when relaxed and confident that they have prepared for the material on the quiz or exam. The last piece of advise I would have told myself as a senior is to apply for as many scholarships as possible. College is expensive and loans will one day mean paying interest, if I would have applied sooner for scholarships and more frequently I may have been in less debt. Although this is true it is worth the debt for the knowledge I have learned since beginning school and I am excited that I will one day be able to have the career of my dreams.

I tell them that Lourdes University has a great faculty that make learning exciting. Also that the school has apartments which are comfortable for living in compared to a small dorm room.

jennifer

There's a saying that I heard growing up: hindsight is 20/20. I never realized how true that statement was until I got older. Looking back on one's life sheds so much light on situations and experiences that now seem so much clearer. As a high school senior, I remember feeling like most kids, just wanting to fit it and not rock the boat. Now, however, I am much more empowered to make the best decisions for me and not just the best decision for the situation. I would advise my younger self to be brave, and not be afraid to experience new and exciting situations, such as going away for college. As a high school senior, I was working part-time while still in school with the intention of increasing my hours after graduation. I would tell myself that although I felt the need to work full-time, I should stay focused on school, and stay on track in order to ensure that my future was my priority. I would tell my younger self not to loose sight of my goal, because it can be too easily swept aside, and too hard to return to the path.

Holly Lynn

The best advice I could give my self going back in time, is to complete High School and take it more serious. I came from a home that was unsupportive, one that my parents were uneducated so school was not important. As an adult and parent myself, I would encourage myself to study hard, graduate with a high GPA and take advantage of any and every opportunity to further my education when I was younger. Today's society requires you to have a college education and if you want to take care of your family, you need to continue your education, not stop thinking a GED is good enough, because it is not. You need to be able to rely on yourself and be able to support you. Be a role model for your future children, showing them you finished High School, and continued your education. You received the degree you needed in order to accomplish all your dreams. Look to your future did you really want to be a high school drop out? No you want to be a successful Forensic Accountant and stop the fraud and corruption of corporate America.

Lourdes University was designed for the Non traditional student, and I still reccommend Lourdes University for the Non traditional student. Lourdes is very small and personable so if you are looking for a quality education in a small setting Lourdes Unversity is for you.

The most frustrating thing I can say about Lourdes University at this time is the fact that this coming year they are changing to block scheduling and so many classes are only offered at one time slot. As well most upper level classes are only offered at night.

Lourdes University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.