Millersville University of Pennsylvania Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Millersville University of Pennsylvania

Indira

Millersville University is a friendly campus overall.The professors are always there to help and the students greet you with a smile even if they don’t know you. There are plenty of resources off and on campus. They make sure college life is easy for you. It’s a great learning environment to be in!

Alex

Millersville University boasts a beautiful campus, an active student body, and a solid base for the future of their students. I attended in Fall 2013, but personal reasons at home kept me from returning that spring. However, the staff helped me re-register all my information, catch up with preparations, and supported my return to school. I can only speak highly of Millersville University.

Allison

It has great programs and great professors. Class sizes aren't huge and help is always given. It's also a great place to have fun

Overall, Millersville is an average school when first looked at. However, it does contain professors who are full of passionate lesson and stories that make students feel immersed in the classes. It also has a wonderful theatre program full of opportunity for all writers, actors, directors, lighting, sound, set design, stage managers, crew, and more. The program keeps theatre and the arts alive and showcases them for the campus and surrounding area. So, the dorms and food may not be the highlight, but the clubs and staff make up for it.

Jordan

Coming from a small town where everyone known each other in school, it is very refreshing to come to Millersville University. There are new people and experiences just waiting around every corner and no matter what you like, there's always a group of friends you can make. Everyone on campus is incredibly nice and generous. Walking into a building, there is almost always someone there holding a door for you and if you need help, everyone is willing to help. When it comes to academics at Millersville, there are few that can beat it. There are many majors to choose from and an insane amount of classes to take. Additionally, the professors are always willing to do a topic refresher before an exam or give additional help after class during office hours, or even their free time. Every professor wants to see you succeed and will do almost anything to see that. Millersville is the best college I could have chosen for the life I want. They provide me with everything I need to get to the future I aspire to have.

It's a very nice campus and friendly atmosphere. The classes aren't too big and most professors really care about the students. There are a lot of clubs, activities, and cultural events offered. There are several places to get food with a meal plan. The village suites are very nice and new.

Lexi

I think that overall Millersville is a great school for the student looking for a home away from home. It is pretty rural but not to far away from the beautiful Lancaster City. Activities wise there could be some improvement, but it is not a complete bore. At Millersville you will meet a diverse group of people and definitely find a group that you fit into, or even call your family. It took some time to break out of my city-living goal, to realize that Millersville is not a bad place to be at all!

Marie

I adore this school. I love the teachers, the curriculum, and the people. Although it is a little difficult to actually make friends and have connections here, the few people you do interact with are amazing in their own way. I love this campus. The only thing that kind of puts me off is the food; it's always the same and it's sometimes decent enough to eat. But other than that, I would recommend Millersville to everyone.

Madi

Millersville is a great place to learn. The people are all kind and we are all friends. No one is treated disrespectfully. The campus is a safe and warming environment. No one feels like they are being watched every minute. I say that it is one of the best. The faculty cares so much about the students. They do anything to help us, as every other school, will consider the students as a number. Just to get money and have a good reputation, Millersville truly cares.

Cryslen

Millersville University is a great learning community. The campus is beautiful, the staff are helpful, and the students are friendly. There is always something to do as long as you put in the effort to do so. The dorms are also very nice and comfortable. I highly recommend!

As a current freshman at Millersville University of Pennsylvania, my experience has been fairly average. For my major classes in the sociology department, I have enjoyed all of them and feel as though I am challenged academically and will learn so much over the next three years. However, the elective classes that I must take such as my current Atmosphere class for a science requirement is difficult to be excited about due to the dull content and large distracting class size. The food on campus is improving with the addition of the trendy coffee shop Saxbys, but overall the campus food is still a bit bland and tasteless. Additionally, the wifi is hit or miss, making taking notes during class and taking online quizzes risky and stressful. Finally, Millersville has a decent amount of activities for students to participate in, and I have found that joining a dance team, Expressions, this semester has kept me much busier and given me a fun activity to look forward to after my daily classes.

Catherine

I Love this school. There are so many opportunities for students to get involved. The class sizes are perfect, and majority of the Professors have office hours where you can just stop by. The campus itself is beautiful and in less then 10 minutes you can walk from one side to the other side of campus. I love it, so glad I chose to go here!

Rayvonne

From my little bit of time there, I can say that I really love it. Not too big, not too small Professors who both laughed and taught. Students who knew how to chill but will turn around and get stuff done. Loud enough to keep you hype, but quiet enough for you to sleep If schools were on a scale, Millersville will be pretty snug in the middle.

Aubrey

Millersville has a beautiful campus and the administration always tries to give a sense of unity on campus. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved on campus. The professors are almost always helpful and as long as you do the work you will succeed.

Jen

Millersville University is a wonderful school because there is a lot of faculty and staff on campus who truly care about the experience you have here. The academics here are competitive with the best state schools, and therefore you are encouraged to grow and push your own limits. The feeling of community on campus is lacking, however there are plenty to do between Downtown Lancaster, and the rural country side on either side of campus.

Shannon

I love it here! It's not like other colleges in the state. It's small and the community is very close-knit. It's not overwhelming at all and very welcoming. The professors are caring of how you are in and out of class and are readily available. I always feel safe walking on campus and have never heard of any big disputes happening on campus. Millersville Is overall a great school to go to and I would recommend to anyone!!

Matt

Millersville University has an ultra productive and interactive atmosphere. I think that is so important in a University, and people are always involved. They have Marauder Music productions, a bridge between the University and real world in music, many intramural sports, and so many organizations and support groups, to ensure that students can rely on the University and eachother to succeed,

Mena

In my overall opinion love going to Millersville there are just so my benefits of going here. Everyone is so nice and the campus just have a calm and safe yet fun feeling to it. And they have the absolute best dorms you can ever find. Also the staff is amazing all the teacher are easily accessible whenever need help just email them and they will let you know when you can meet them and it usually that day or the following day

I think it’s a great school, the academics here are no other. If you want a school that is filled with students who constantly study and believe school work is their #1 priority, then Millersville is for you. I am currently a Meteorology student, and the classes are rigorous, so if you are looking into a science field, be PREPARED, for long nights of studying. But the science programs here will set you up for life. 10/10 recommend this school in its academic aspect.

I really like it at Millersville, I believe I made the right choice in coming here. Millersville is the kind of campus where if you accidentally leave your car unlocked you don't have to worry about things getting stolen. I feel really safe walking at night here and I like all my professors and classes.

Maria

Millersville is a great school . The campus is not too big but also not too small. It is the perfect size to make many close friends. Most people don't ever feel the pressure bigger schools have, such as drinking and drugs. It is there but not as prevalent. Everyone is nice and willing to help you . The professors are always willing to help you out. They want you to do your best. On top of that the campus has wonderful scenery.

Demitria

I love Millersville so much. Can’t wait to commit. The rooms were so nice and spaceous. The services are very convenient. There’s a really nice mall not too far from campus. The classes aren’t too big or too small and the professors are nice. THE FOOD IS AMAZING. Overall Millersville is the best.

Rebecca

Good school with some great gems in regards to academics. Social life is what you make of it. Campus life and housing had greatly imporved the last couple of years. This is mostly a commuter school, but if you live on campus, there is defiently a strong feeling of community.

I am a current student at Millersville University and I love the school. I only live about 20 minutes from campus, but I live in the dorms. The campus is always kept clean and looking nice, the people are friendly however there are always the not so friendly people as well. I also play a varsity sport at Millersville. The varsity sports are extremely competitive and everyone has the same mindset that we all want to win. The professors are great and very educated on the topics they teach. There are many resources that are offered and opened all day for students such as the counseling office, library, student memorial center, the gym and many more. The food isn't bad, you just have to learn the little cheats on making a great meal. Overall Millersville is a perfect size campus with great class sizes that allow you to get to know everyone in your class and make strong relationships with your professors.

Marvana

Trying to decide on one single school out of twenty five was a very hard decision. I could not wrap my head around what school would be the best fit for me. After taking time and asking my top schools for extensions on my decision date, I finally realized that MIllersville University would be the educational institution that I would be attending in the fall of 2018. It’s such a diverse campus with many opportunities to excel in life, including; social ability, academic expectations, and a beautiful campus that you can learn so much from. From the looks and sounds of it this university seems to remove you from your comfort zone yet also puts you in a place to feel very much comfortable. Even though I am only a college freshman who has not yet started school, I know for a fact that I will enjoy my experience and for that reason I give my school a great review.

Yessenia

Millersville University is beautiful and open. There is so much space so that you don't feel suffocated or stressed. This place has such a welcoming and accepting warmth to it when you arrive. I have had an amazing time here with all of the events and the education side of this place is challenging and exactly what I need for the career path that I am going for.

Matthew

As a first year student, I find this university to be a perfect fit. I feel as though academics are important here, and the attention goes to that rather than to sports. The dorms on campus have all been built within the past few years and are in incredible condition.

The moment I took my tour while still a senior in high school, I knew that this was the college for me. I fell in love with the atmosphere of the campus, such as how it had a small-town vibe but was still spread out enough to not be too tiny. I'm also a big fan of how safe the campus is; I can easily walk around at night and not feel concerned for my safety. The dorms are fairly nice, and the food isn't the worst. Overall, I'm incredibly happy with my choice to come to Millersville.

Pearl

Millersville University has been a wonderful college for me. They have an outstanding Education Department that makes sure we have experience in the field. There are so many good connections that Millersville has within Lancaster County, which makes this school perfect for someone pursuing a teaching career. There are many opportunities, clubs, and activities a student can choose to do at Millersville, which is great for the students and the surrounding community. Millersville has been an awesome experience so far!

Samuel

My opinion is that Millersville seems like another home for me to be in despite not being with my actual family. I feel that I can make many connections in this school and do great things without feeling so uncomfortable. Knowing this, it is my goal to make the best of this opportunity.

Erin

I transferred from community college and am very happy with my experience here so far. I chose Millersville because I needed to commute and out of the other colleges in the area I've considered (ETown, LVC, F&M) this was the least expensive and had the most comprehensive art & design program. The faculty has been so kind and helpful to me as a transfer student and I really enjoy my classes, even the boring prerequisites. The campus is really nice and I feel very comfortable walking around after dark. It's a rural setting but a short drive to downtown Lancaster where there's lots of great food and galleries, First Friday events, etc. I initially came here to get an education and had no other expectations beyond that but I'm very excited to be here now.

In general Millersville is a place that I enjoy being. Their on campus housing is top of the line and I always feel safe on campus. The food could be better but there have already been steps to improve that. Millersville is my home away from home when I was terrified to go to college. I truly don't know what I would do if I was anywhere but Millersville. The campus is full of enthusiastic people that make my day-to-day life fun and enjoyable.

Kaitlyn

My overall opinion of Millersville University is that it is a great school. I went on a college visit there and everybody was so nice and willing to help. They were all very helpful answering the different questions that I had when I was their. I thought that the new campus housing was impressive and it seemed like it would be very safe for the students that are living on campus. They had very nice food facilities as well with a lot of different options for eating. Because of how much I enjoyed it, I am really considering attending here in the fall of 2018.

Alyssa

I enjoy the campus and company of Millersville. It is a great school! It has a variety of opportunities for all sorts of people from sports to art there is so much to offer! I have made so many friendships that will last a lifetime. The campus if very safe and the location is ideal. It is very close to many shops and small businesses!

Grace

As far as the university itself, terrible. All they care about is the money. If you want to live in a dorm that has mold, no hot water and broken washing machines, this is the place! They also don’t care about any of the rules. I had severe roommate issues, one who constantly broke SEVERAL of rules in the housing agreement and our roommate agreement. My roommate taunted me and made living there completely miserable for me and I tried talking to her, having a roommate mediation and going to the RAD. End result after this went on for over a whole semester: my roommate has rights too and it’s my fault that we have issues. Even though the issues included: her constantly breaking the guest policy, bringing over people without signing them in (one time she brought over an ex boyfriend and they got into a screaming match where I almost had to call security), keeping me up literally ALL night, blaring music, lighting candles and leaving campus, leaving our door unlocked because she loses her key about twice a month and rubbing it in my face that she could get away with all of it. Basically, the RAD told me that Millersville’s rules are just there for show and they don’t actually mean anything. So, if you’re a parent reading this, just know, this campus is not safe and they do not care about your student, just your $.

Courtney

I am super impressed with Millersville's faculty, facility, and overall environment. I've been there for about four weeks and I already feel so at home in my new environment. I definitely feel very proud to be a marauder. I would definitely recommend Millersville to any friends, family, or any perspective students.

Mihaela

I love the school. The teachers are always offering help and want all their students to succeed. The campus is beautiful and there are always activities being hosted. the class sizes are perfect, about 20 kids with the exception of the lecture halls. The campus is big but not so big that it is hard to navigate around. the tours are incredibly help and offer lot of information.

bre

I am a transfer student and I truly believe Millersville is my home.

Kimberlyn

To me, Millersville is not worth what you pay for. I had some great professors who I look up to, but there is also some who are horrible to try to communicate with and don't know how to work a computer. There are constantly issues with the dorms, and construction is going on all the time. The food is nasty, minus Saxbys. The financial aid office is impossible to get in touch with.

They challenge you to always think outside of the box, and the professors never fail to encourage students to explore their potential in the classroom. Campus wise, there is always something to do, (hosted by the University Activities Board) and the students are very friendly and welcoming. At Millersville, you're never bored.

Raymond

Millersville University is a place I can call home. The moment I walked on campus I knew this school was for me. Millersville University is beyond a ten for me! Therefore, I would love to have the access of a better education. This scholarship would go a long way for me because of the access it would open up for me. It would’ve give me the access to a greater life, a fantastic education and career, provide money to fill up car, and to brighten my future. I hope I will be allowed to claim this access!

Jacque

I enjoy it here at Millersville University and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. The atmosphere is very welcoming and friendly and the campus isn't too big which I like. I feel safe and comfortable living on campus and I find it to be easy to focus on my school work. This is definitely the college for me.

Alexander

As far as the campus goes, its about what you would expect for a Pa state school. The library is big, new and fancy, but all the other buildings are aged. The campus is a pain to drive to if you live off campus as it feels like it's in the middle of nowhere, and traffic is always bad. There's no real shopping centers around it, Just a Sheetz and a tiny strip mall with a brewery, pizza place, Chinese food place, nail salon and the like. The best aspect of Millersville are the Profs. All the professors I've had have been excellent, I'd give them all the best rating possible. And good professors is really the most important aspect of a college.

McKinley

Millersville has a nice campus but there is not much to do. But the professors are great and willing to help if you put in the effort.

joey

unless you’re in artistic type who had trouble making friends in high school the school is not for you, if you were popular in high school, if you’re coming here to party and have a good time, if you’re looking for a very social scene and interactive community this is not the place to go there is nothing to do, there are little people to meet, it almost feels like high school. As if that’s not enough the school is just fucking horribly staffed, when you lock yourself out of the room in the mornings there is nobody let you in your room, when you miss a class for medical excuse they can choose not to except your excuse note and not let you make up the work, Which is basically a scam to take your money, when you have a problem and go to the counselor about how you don’t like the school they don’t help you at all just try to convince you to stay and when they realize they can’t they no longer care or try to help they’re not counselors at all, and last but not least our football team is absolutely horrible and there is no student life whatsoever nobody takes pride in going to the games nobody tailgates nobody has a good time the way a college should

Sabrina

It is placed in a lovely town, very quiet, although there is not much within walking distance. Campus life is usually rather peaceful and has lots of opportunities and activities. Class sizes can quite vary from small and intimate to very large like a lecture hall format. Overall I enjoy being here, but there are things that could be improved.

Amber

The area is beautiful and safe. The professors are always there no matter the time to help you if need be and respond very quickly to emails. Everyone is there to help and no one is ever too busy. The class sizes are perfect and if you don't understand something someone is always there to assist.

Jacqueline

I think Millersville is a very good school. I think there could be some small improvements made but overall, I am grateful to be attending Millersville University. I drive about an hour to get there and wish it were a little closer but that is the price you pay when you want to go to a good school.

Autumn

I think Millersville is a great school. It is affordable and the education is great for the price you are paying. You get to meet people from all over and the location of the college is in a location where I feel safe. I liked this college because there are so many opportunities for me to get involved with my community and the college. The faculty here want you to succeed and will help you in any way that they can so you can achieve your goals. I also really liked this college because people are serious about their learning and there isn't a huge party scene at this college. I am so excited to start in the fall!

Autumn