Durham, NC
North Carolina Central University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Carolina Central University

Jenae

Wants to see every student make it where they desire to be and willing to find every way to help them accomplish but still knowing that they will not be able to help every student with every single thing.

Our nursing school and our Law school.

Do a lot more research on the department you are interested in at your school and every other school you are thinking of attending because every school offers different things even if its the same degree. Know exactly everything you will have to do in order to graduate on time. Be on top everything so that you know what should happen before you have to talk to your academic advisor. Try to go to a school that you will enjoy and get a great experience academically and socially. Get ready to do just about everything on your own and be resonsible for everything.

Portia

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior high school student, I would most definately advise myself to apply for as many scholarships as I could and to really look into the colleges that I choose to go to regarding my major. Money doesn't come easy in college and things start to add up when you include tutition, books, school fees, etc. I would would also advise myself to study hard and to try as hard as you can to not get side tracked by ANYONE or ANYTHING because school comes first. Understand that everyone is not your friend and that the most reliable person when it comes to school is yourself. Only you can make a difference when it comes to your education.

Ja'Nay

The unique thing about my school compared to the other schools I applied for is that it is an HBCU( historical black college university).

Knowing what I know about college now I would tell myself Ja'Nay remain positive at all times even when times seem hectic remember what you came here for an education. I would also say that college is not like high school you have to study in order to succeed. Life is full of choices whatever you chooses will have an effect.

People of all types of races who are interested in getting a degree should attend this school.

Christine

I would describe NCCU as an institution that promotes diversity, as well as social and personal growth.

If I could go back in time knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition I would first tell myself to go to college. I would not give myself any options. Once I am accepted into college I would tell myself to continue to be who I am. Always work hard and never let anyone convince me to believe something I know is not true or just. I would help myself understand the value of a good education and how lucky I am to be able to get one. I would remind myself of how important it is to be able to get along with others while maintaining a sense of individuality. Always be courteous and kind because one can catch fly with honey a lot better with honey than with vinegar. In conclusion, I would tell myself to not take everything so serious. College life is an experience to cherish. Live it, love it, learn from it.

I brag about the rich culture and heritage surrounding the university, as we have celebrated 100 years of being the cornerstone of the community.

Desiree

If I was a senior all over again I would tell myself to focus alot more, you will have plenty of time to play and have fun. Also I would tell myself to North Carolina Central first and don't worry about any other school. I think I would have applyed for many scholarships and tryed to do the very best I can my last year.

The best thing about North Carolina University is the Diversity that binds us together as a community and a University. I love my school.

A person that doesn't have a open mind about a new change should not attend this school.

Nyshiera

My classmates are those who are eager to learn and hardworkers who work to achieve high grades in class.

If I could go back into time to my senior year, I would encourage myself to become more involved in extra-curricular activities. I was a little shy when I first came to college and I believe if I had of been more involved in high school I would have been anxious to be involved in college. Although I am involved now, I believe I could have had an earlier start and I would have been less timid.

The most fustrating thing about my school is that we dont get enough credit for the great programs we have to offer here and other schools look down on us.

Tiffini

There are tons of work shops tro help students, with campus life, families, social life, careers, relationships, sex....anything you name it.

I would tell myself bot to wait a year to go to school. Go to school imediately. Get a tutor for math. Get involved into organizations on campus. Constantly try and find money for school. Work as much as possible so you don't take semesters off of school. Get tested for ADD. Go to Homecomming and big events on campus. And constantly make new goals for your self.

Paying all of your tuition if your an out-of-state student.

Delores

If I could go back in time to speak to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to be prepared for the depth of responsibility that college life brings. I would tell myself that I must be determined and an individual not a follower in order to stay true to myself and stand out. To take advantage of all academic, social, and personal opportunities and be strong enough to handle the out comes. Also that life is too short to hesitate or to be insecure of my flaws. Learn to love the person that is me and soar into life.

I believe the worst flaw my school has is it's inability to personally assist their students, especially with academic advising.

I believe a person that is not driven to be academically focused and socially rounded should not attend this school. Anyone who plans to attend NCCU must be a strong person and comfortable with who they are.

Ashlee

Compared to the other colleges I had applied there was no real uniquness between them but what drawn me to the school i attend was the people such as the alumni, faculty, and everybody else there to help us with this such big moves. Also, believe it or not the mission and core values were apart of my decision as well that seperated it from the other schools I applied to.

Your college experience is one of the most important times in your life. You may think high school was it or that you've made such good friends, and you've grown so much but not until you've attened college. You will go through so much and so many changes and not just bad but good. Depending on how you are as a child or parent for that matter it may be hard to let go of your child or parent but you will be fine. This will be a time where independence kicks in and will you be able to handle being on your own because no one is there to say get up honey its time for school. Also college is what you make it if you dont go out and do anything or get involved yes you will be bored. Do as much as possible and enjoy yourself but dont get into too much trouble. These are memories you won't soon forget.

The best thing at my school I feel are the people. They come from all kinds of different places and are different nationalities and we all treat eachother as if we are the same. Our school spirit and how we come together is so incredible to me and I love my alma mater.

kristina

Patience is the key. Dont rush time, just review your options, think about your future, and make the choice. You can be anything you want to be, as long as you put your heart to it and set out. Just remember, your destiny is in your hands, no one else's.

the availability of the faculty and staff here are horrible. It takes months for you to see someone you need to talk to, and staying up to date has seeming to be a problem.

The thing I brag about the most when talking to friends is the sports teams and the law program

North Carolina Central University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.