Durham, NC
North Carolina Central University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Carolina Central University

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have told myself to stay a little more focus. I would have asked for help when I knew when i really needed it instead of thinking I can do it on my own. I think I did a good job thoughtout my senior year. I am proud of my myslef and my parents are too. I beleive the thing I went threw in the past only made me a tronger person.

you wii gain some long term friendships.

Everyone is welcome, and they would be able to fit in.

Shelby

Shelby please embark on a surplus of activities and not limit yourself in what you can do because you don?t believe in yourself! Your trust in yourself cannot increase if you do not first put all your trust in God. YES, you know him and you say you trust him but you do not fully know what all HE has in store for you. If you pray the prayer of Jabez ?Oh bless me indeed, enlarge my territory that your hand would be with me and keep me from evil? daily you will gain more blessings then you could ever imagine. Pray to empower those around you to lead an operation Jabez with your fellow students and go on a trip for a lifetime to spread the news of God?s plan for us all. For if you had this key before entering college I truly believe that you would be further in God?s purpose for you but the great thing is it?s not too late as long as you are here on earth to find His purpose for your life and live it each day. Trust God for your EVERY need and tell everyone indeed!

The worse about NCCU is that because tutition is not very expensive we pay for it when we need materials for every person within a class. We found ourselves sharing camera equipment to get one assignment done, paying to have our assignments printed bc soon after the semester started the English Dept. had went over the allotted amount of paper. Academic scholars are visible but not much in conversation or missions.

One shouldn't attend if they are not interested in embracing all the university has to offer that pertains to their interest. This is with any university I believe. NCCU is founded on getting the student ready to not be an ordinary barn yard foul to fly as an eagle and set yourself a part from the norm. If not prepared to be different from all the rest and contribute something different and new to society NCCU is NOT the place for you! Eagles go past the mark and we know exactly what we want.

Christi

My classmates are very ambitious and determined goal oriented students.

My classmates are very ambitious and determined goal oriented students.

My school is unique because it can provide every student with a great education and allows every student to make lasting relationships with students and teachers. At North Carolina Central University each student becomes a part of the family atmosphere. Every student has the opportunity to express themselves in whatever way they feel. No one is discouraged from going after their dreams or showing the world their talents. Students at N.C. Central University graduate with great leardership skills, amazing recommendations from professors and even mentors. You will never find a better support system in another university.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself first and foremost stay focused, leave the boys alone for a year, and be very observant of the people you call friends. Stay focused because grades are the most important thing in achieving all of your goals in the future. As long as you keep your grades up you will not have any worries so if in the future you want to go to graduate school or join a sorority you won't have to think twice about it. Second leave the boys alone they are nothing but trouble and stress in your young life. Your too pretty to be tied down anyway. The time will come when its right for you and your mature enough to handle a relationship and a 3.75 gpa. And last be observant of who you call your friends. It is so important to have a support system being a freshman. That is why you must make sure your support system has your best interest at heart. A real friend will never put you down in front of others to make themselves feel better. They'll uplift you just like you do them.

Knowing what I know about college now, if I could go back in time when I was a high school senior I would tell myself to be prepared to study and read. I say this because in high school I didn?t really study. As soon as I got to college I knew that I was going to have to change that. Not only would I tell myself that, I would also tell myself to be prepared to be on your own, making your own decisions. Once I got in college I found out I was kind of on my own as far as making wise decisions. There is no one there to tell me what to do. I had to do it for myself. Lastly I would tell myself not to worry and stress and try to have fun.

Gunwoo

North Carolina Central University is a historically black college university. The divesity has allowed me to broaden my cultural awareness toward other cultures. The professors ae caring and the environment in the classroom is supreme. On campus, everyone is on a mission to accomplish their tasks. This gives encouragement to other students to stay on top of their game and succeed. Finally, the pride the university holds is number one. The history and enrichment prepares students to be better people for the future. The university has given me a great oppurtunity to reach my dream.

Over the past semester, I not only learned about college life but more about myself. Earning a 4.0 GPA wasn't the only accomplishment last semester. The work, determination, and perseverance was more important. By creating work ethic throughout the academic year, I could overcome any workload on any given day. Setting a routine and finding the potential deep in your character is the first step to a formidable foundation for the next four years of college. Therefore, I would advise myself as a high school senior to keep my mind open. Listen to teachers and your parents. They have been there before and know the importance of a good education. Starting with the basic fundamentals will only help you prosper through undergrad and graduate school. Be a hard worker. Never give up. Know your potential is seeking out for you to reach it. Finally, stay true to yourself. There will be tough stretches in studies where nothing seems to go right. By maintaining focus and taking one bite at a time, any task can be completed. The values we learn now are the ones we will use for the rest of our lives.

Someone who does not want to find their potential should not attend this university. The university has such high standards, that working hard and excelling in the classroom is the only option. Also, someone who does not want to open their horizons to a different environment shouldn't even consider this school. Although most of the school population is African American, I have learned so much about different people. Their life styles overlap with my life because I spend a lot of time in school and on campus.

Ronique

North Carolina Central University is a school that is committed to truth and service for every individual, providing an opportunity to apply their academic learning to real life experiences.

If I went back to being a high school senior, the first advice I would give myself is to wake up and start buckling down. Now knowing about college life and making the different transitions, I would also warn myself about the challenges to be encountered and the actions to be taken. Many college freshmen enter college with the mindset of being free and on their own. But one thing that I can say is that college comes with alot of responsibilities, committment and self motivation. College is a journey that has a lot of ups and downs and you must ask yourself "Is college really for me". These are the most important words a future student must ask themselves and these are the advice I would give myself.

The type of person that should not attend this school, is someone who is not committed to them self as well as the task at hand. Another characteristics of someone who shouldn't attend North Carolina Central University is someone who is not mentally prepared to be challenged and improvise affectively with school work. Managing time, being organized and keeping a schedule is also effective for a successful college student.

Jenae

Wants to see every student make it where they desire to be and willing to find every way to help them accomplish but still knowing that they will not be able to help every student with every single thing.

Our nursing school and our Law school.

Do a lot more research on the department you are interested in at your school and every other school you are thinking of attending because every school offers different things even if its the same degree. Know exactly everything you will have to do in order to graduate on time. Be on top everything so that you know what should happen before you have to talk to your academic advisor. Try to go to a school that you will enjoy and get a great experience academically and socially. Get ready to do just about everything on your own and be resonsible for everything.

Portia

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior high school student, I would most definately advise myself to apply for as many scholarships as I could and to really look into the colleges that I choose to go to regarding my major. Money doesn't come easy in college and things start to add up when you include tutition, books, school fees, etc. I would would also advise myself to study hard and to try as hard as you can to not get side tracked by ANYONE or ANYTHING because school comes first. Understand that everyone is not your friend and that the most reliable person when it comes to school is yourself. Only you can make a difference when it comes to your education.

Ja'Nay

The unique thing about my school compared to the other schools I applied for is that it is an HBCU( historical black college university).

Knowing what I know about college now I would tell myself Ja'Nay remain positive at all times even when times seem hectic remember what you came here for an education. I would also say that college is not like high school you have to study in order to succeed. Life is full of choices whatever you chooses will have an effect.

People of all types of races who are interested in getting a degree should attend this school.

Christine

I would describe NCCU as an institution that promotes diversity, as well as social and personal growth.

If I could go back in time knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition I would first tell myself to go to college. I would not give myself any options. Once I am accepted into college I would tell myself to continue to be who I am. Always work hard and never let anyone convince me to believe something I know is not true or just. I would help myself understand the value of a good education and how lucky I am to be able to get one. I would remind myself of how important it is to be able to get along with others while maintaining a sense of individuality. Always be courteous and kind because one can catch fly with honey a lot better with honey than with vinegar. In conclusion, I would tell myself to not take everything so serious. College life is an experience to cherish. Live it, love it, learn from it.

I brag about the rich culture and heritage surrounding the university, as we have celebrated 100 years of being the cornerstone of the community.

North Carolina Central University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.