Newark, NJ
Rutgers University-Newark

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rutgers University-Newark

Andrea

One of the many things I got out of my college experience was that it is ok to be different. Newark is a very diverse and large city. I grew up in a small white town in South Jersey. Newark made me make friends I was never able to be around because of where I grew up and allowed me to know that everyone really was equal, no matter where you come from, what language you speak, or what color you are. Although this is something every child learns when they are young, or at least should learn when they are young, it's a lesson you must experience to believe it for yourself. The diversity was something I will take with me for life, because I have made life long friends from everywhere during college. Hard work does pay off. I believe college and a diverse community allowed me to make all my own mistakes, learn on my own, and still graduate in 4 years. If I stayed at a college around my house, I know I would not be as accepting and challenging to new ideas, people, and places if it weren't for going away to Rutgers.

I think everyone could find a place for themselves at this school.

How diverse the campus is. I have never met so many people from so many places around the world and the US.

Krista

There are many people in the world who aren’t able to attend school or will never get the chance to receive an education because of circumastances, finances, or whatever it may be. I am blessed to be given the opportunity to come to school and learn. In high school, I took education for granted. As a college student though it’s not something I’m just given. I have to want it and strive for it. I have been challenged in my classes and have learned a lot from my peers and from my teachers. These people will be unforgettable along with the experiences I have had with them. I hope to apply all that I have learned from my teachers, classes, friends, and experiences to my life now as a student and eventually to my future career.

Abdurrahman

Rutgers University is known for football and basketball. Also it is known for a great enviroment to study with excellent professors and shooling.

In Rutgers University, I completed bachelor of arts majoring in mathematics, and I completed urban education program. There I extend my knowledge in mathematics, and I got prepared to teach math in secondary school. II got teaching certificate from New Jersey by compliting urban education program. Because the competition to teach now is huge, I did not get a teaching job in public schools. Anyway, I starting tutoring geometry, SAT in math section, algenra I, II, and precalculus. Tutoriing job gives me an opportunity to be in touch with my occupation and hopefully to get a teaching job soon. In many states, there is necessary to have a master degree in order to teach. In New Jersey is not the case, but teaching candidates with master have better opportunities for teaching job in secondary schools. So, I applied in Western Governor University in Utah to persue master degree in teaching mathematics from 5-12 grades. I hope, I am going to get the way in compliting master degree, too. I deeply believe Rutgers University prepared me to pas challanges in teaching and learning. Now I hope a scholarship will help me make my dream come true by getting master degree.

A person who is interested to work seriously and who is a hard working student.

Maxine

The diversity on campus is what makes Rutgers Newark so unique. You get a chance to meet many people of different cultural backgrounds. Its amazing what you can learn from one another.

One thing i have learned from my college experience is to for me out of my shell. I was once shy and stuck to my close group of friends. But now i am able to meet new people without getting nerves and i can gladly say that i associate myself with many people of different cultures. I can also say that college has really taught me time-management skills, i work while i am in school. So i have learned to balance out school life with having a job, i have obtained a 3.4 GPA because of this.

I wished i had learn more about Financial Aid. I was promised if i had a good GPA then i would receive more grants and chances to apply for scholarships but it never happened. I also wished i had learned more about athletics at the school.

Nuria

My school is best known for its quality education.

My school is best known for its quality education.

I have learned many important and useful study habits through taking a psychology class. Also, my English class helped me write better essays and interpret readings more effectively. My social skills have improved and I am more focused on my studies than I was in high school. Rutgers University is a valuable university to attend because the professors are extremely focused on helping students attain the best grades possible and everyone on campus in friendly and helpful. I recommend this university to anyone who is seriously interested in achieving a successful career.

I wish I had known about the difficult financial aid process before I came to the school.

Calvin

I have gotten a new perspective on what to do with my life. I now know I don't have to sit home all day, and even if I am unable to find a job, I still have college. College is not only for leaning. It can be a home away from home as you can always go back for new learning experiences, new teachers and new friends.

Cara

My school is the most diverse campus in the United States and you get to meet and interact with lots of different types of people, but as far as school spirit, my school is sorely lacking in that area.

I have met a lot of different types of people and made great friends. I've also learned a lot about myself and matured a lot here. I feel that my school is valuable to attend because you can really focus here, it's easy to balance school and social here because my school isn't a party school. You can meet people from different cultures, my school holds a lot of educational events and activities that students can attend. Going here is a great experience.

The size. My school is nice and small and everything is easy to get to. Everything on campus is a five minute walk. The dorms are located right across the streets from the classes. Everything is conveniently located.

Anish

Rutgers at Newark is a consolation prize, that students ironically buy, for those not intelligent enough to pursue their goals and dreams alone.

I have learned quite a few things from a couple of classes. I was actually surprised at the articles we read and wrote about in the required English course. The fact that there is a general education requirement is infuriating. Honestly, this college is not worth going to for $6000 a year. My family is wasting their money. But it's okay because pretty soon, the dollar will have close to no value. Anyway, I commend this university for successfully hiding the fact that it's a wholly scam from such a large population of students. Kudos~ I would further ameliorate my assertions, but I feel as though it will be detrimental to my chances of winning this scholarship.

A person who wants to be even more scammed by another college business shouldn't attend this university, for Rutgers at Newark is a light scam due to its relatively mere tuition. Also, a truly intelligent person shouldn't attend this school because they do not need a piece of paper, after 4 years of meaningless input and output, to represent his or her intelligence. An intelligent person shouldn't need to go to Rutgers at Newark, let alone any other college, for they do not need help from a myriad amount of apparently certified professors who plainly regurgitate information.

William

My classmates are diverse, and our unwritten motto is: mutual acceptance and respect.

Rutgers-Newark is one of the most diverse campuses I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. The university is open to people from all walks of life and orientation, and every race, color and creed imaginable. A true melting pot, all cultures and ways of life were always met with mutual acceptance and respect. I cannot recall any hate crimes against any group. Students were so respectful of each other, that when our guest speaker at graduation talked about racism on campus, we collectively "booed" him. You will find every "slice-of-life" character at Rutgers-Newark, and I guarantee whatever prejudices you may have had when entering the university, you will leave them behind forever upon graduation. Thanks to Rutgers, I know that everyone counts, regardless of where they come from. Furthermore, I have learned that “tolerance” is not the answer, but “acceptance” of all people, regardless of orientation, faith, ethnicity or even political affiliation. If I had never set foot on the Rutgers-Newark campus, I may not have developed such a strong appreciation for my fellow men and women.

Although Rutgers-Newark is more of a "commuter" school, the administration has worked diligently over the years to create on campus housing.

Rutgers University-Newark administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.