Newark, NJ
Rutgers University-Newark

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rutgers University-Newark

Maxine

The diversity on campus is what makes Rutgers Newark so unique. You get a chance to meet many people of different cultural backgrounds. Its amazing what you can learn from one another.

One thing i have learned from my college experience is to for me out of my shell. I was once shy and stuck to my close group of friends. But now i am able to meet new people without getting nerves and i can gladly say that i associate myself with many people of different cultures. I can also say that college has really taught me time-management skills, i work while i am in school. So i have learned to balance out school life with having a job, i have obtained a 3.4 GPA because of this.

I wished i had learn more about Financial Aid. I was promised if i had a good GPA then i would receive more grants and chances to apply for scholarships but it never happened. I also wished i had learned more about athletics at the school.

Nuria

My school is best known for its quality education.

My school is best known for its quality education.

I have learned many important and useful study habits through taking a psychology class. Also, my English class helped me write better essays and interpret readings more effectively. My social skills have improved and I am more focused on my studies than I was in high school. Rutgers University is a valuable university to attend because the professors are extremely focused on helping students attain the best grades possible and everyone on campus in friendly and helpful. I recommend this university to anyone who is seriously interested in achieving a successful career.

I wish I had known about the difficult financial aid process before I came to the school.

Calvin

I have gotten a new perspective on what to do with my life. I now know I don't have to sit home all day, and even if I am unable to find a job, I still have college. College is not only for leaning. It can be a home away from home as you can always go back for new learning experiences, new teachers and new friends.

Cara

My school is the most diverse campus in the United States and you get to meet and interact with lots of different types of people, but as far as school spirit, my school is sorely lacking in that area.

I have met a lot of different types of people and made great friends. I've also learned a lot about myself and matured a lot here. I feel that my school is valuable to attend because you can really focus here, it's easy to balance school and social here because my school isn't a party school. You can meet people from different cultures, my school holds a lot of educational events and activities that students can attend. Going here is a great experience.

The size. My school is nice and small and everything is easy to get to. Everything on campus is a five minute walk. The dorms are located right across the streets from the classes. Everything is conveniently located.

Anish

Rutgers at Newark is a consolation prize, that students ironically buy, for those not intelligent enough to pursue their goals and dreams alone.

I have learned quite a few things from a couple of classes. I was actually surprised at the articles we read and wrote about in the required English course. The fact that there is a general education requirement is infuriating. Honestly, this college is not worth going to for $6000 a year. My family is wasting their money. But it's okay because pretty soon, the dollar will have close to no value. Anyway, I commend this university for successfully hiding the fact that it's a wholly scam from such a large population of students. Kudos~ I would further ameliorate my assertions, but I feel as though it will be detrimental to my chances of winning this scholarship.

A person who wants to be even more scammed by another college business shouldn't attend this university, for Rutgers at Newark is a light scam due to its relatively mere tuition. Also, a truly intelligent person shouldn't attend this school because they do not need a piece of paper, after 4 years of meaningless input and output, to represent his or her intelligence. An intelligent person shouldn't need to go to Rutgers at Newark, let alone any other college, for they do not need help from a myriad amount of apparently certified professors who plainly regurgitate information.

William

My classmates are diverse, and our unwritten motto is: mutual acceptance and respect.

Rutgers-Newark is one of the most diverse campuses I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. The university is open to people from all walks of life and orientation, and every race, color and creed imaginable. A true melting pot, all cultures and ways of life were always met with mutual acceptance and respect. I cannot recall any hate crimes against any group. Students were so respectful of each other, that when our guest speaker at graduation talked about racism on campus, we collectively "booed" him. You will find every "slice-of-life" character at Rutgers-Newark, and I guarantee whatever prejudices you may have had when entering the university, you will leave them behind forever upon graduation. Thanks to Rutgers, I know that everyone counts, regardless of where they come from. Furthermore, I have learned that “tolerance” is not the answer, but “acceptance” of all people, regardless of orientation, faith, ethnicity or even political affiliation. If I had never set foot on the Rutgers-Newark campus, I may not have developed such a strong appreciation for my fellow men and women.

Although Rutgers-Newark is more of a "commuter" school, the administration has worked diligently over the years to create on campus housing.

There are basic conventions of analysis and communication that the world works on. The scientific process - things are never proven, they are merely never disproven; broad generalizations can be disproven with one counter example; the proper use of numbers, ratios, and marginal changes when proving or disproving points; and general formats for presenting ideas. These conventions are practiced by most of the educated world, regardless of their field of study, and without a college education I would never have been able to interact with that world. It is this world which drives forward much of the world's economic activity, and thus I feel my education has been a very valuable asset to me. Beyond that, my education has broadened my horizons, let me understand things I never would have understood before, and introduced me to some of the greatest people I have ever met. I do not know what might have become of my life if I'd never attended college, but if I do not regret my decision to attend, and if I could go back in time, I would not change my decision to go.

Those who expect to follow the beaten path and be successful.

Many students are either part time or full time while working jobs, and these students are not always fully prepared for class, making class move slowly.

Franchesca

Rutgers University is a very diverse university.

Rutgers University is a very diverse university.

I have gained alot through my college experience. I have been in classes with authors of books and lawyers, making me feel like I am really learning something. The professors bring their real life experiences to the class, making it a place where you want to go and learn because you are not just reading from the book. Rutgers University has been valuable to attend because of the relationships I have created with the professors and fellow students. The university, being the most diverse in the nation, has helped me form relationships with people that I would usually not relate with in the outside world. It brings people together, whether it being people that have the same major or people that are in the same Honor Society, relationships are created everyday and are everlasting.

I wish I would have known how diverse this university is, along with the different classes there are available to students. The professors are extremely intelligent, from previous state legislatures to authors of books we study in class. The university is the most diverse university in the nation so you meet people from all walks of the world. The classes are interesting, and the workload is not as difficult as one may think. Overall, the university is a place where the student has the ability to succeed if they put their minds to it.

Vinita

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, with the knowledge I now have of college life, i would deffinetely reassure myself. I was really nervous about making the transition to a new school, not just that but one that was located in Newark considering it has such a bad reputation. Furthermore i didnt know anyone else that was planning on attending this school so it took me completely out of my comfort zone. However after moving in i felt very at home right off the bat and I met a group of people that im still friends with that make living here very comfortable. Ive also been able to keep up with my work which was another worry. All in all i would tell myself to relax, realize that I have made a bunch of good choices and that I would be able to handle the road ahead.

Rutgers Newark has been called the most diverse campus for the last thirteen years, so I think someone who is not open to differences among students should not attend this school. The university has a lot to offer in many different fields, but if your not willing to take your initiative to take advantage of them you might want to attend a smaller more focussed school.

Rutgers University-Newark administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.