Saint Francis University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Saint Francis University

It is a really great place!

Shay

There are plenty of opportunities if you look for them here, teachers are very helpful and the students are typically very nice and welcoming.

Kristin

Don't go here. The school is money hungry and the adminstration treats you like crap and is only worried about saving their own skin. I'd transfer if I could, but I wouldn't graduate on time if I did. Here are 5 main reasons not to go here: 1. They favor athletes. There's a no-open-flame policy in the dorms. A girl in my graduating class got a candle for her birthday, left it UNUSED and STILL WRAPPED in her desk drawer to take home over break. Res Life found it during inspections and made her do 10 hrs. of community service. There's also a no-alcohol policy on campus. The soccer team threw a party, got busted, but got left off. There was also a football player who got as close as you possibly can to the dictionary definition of rape, but only got a 3-day suspension. 2. They don't cancel classes for anything. It was -10 deg F here last week and they only cancelled classes 1 day. The student health center then ran out of crutches because of how many people slipped on ice. 3. The student health center is a joke. I've ben misdiagnosed/received improper treatment 5 times. 4. They bounce around who's responsibility it is to deal with your situation. Personally experienced it with transferring summer community college credits, scheduling rooms for events, and trying to launch programming to help students (which I never completed, I was so tired of being ping-ponged between people). 5. If they send you to the hospital for any reason, they just ship you off and don't make any arrangements for transporting you back to campus. I was forced to go for a panic attack and when I got to the hospital, none of the four faculty involved were present. I had to call the director of Res Life and ask what arrangements were. He was just like "we'll figure that out if it gets to that point". Happened to me and a friend.

As a commuter who wasn't involved in Greek life or athletics, I tended to feel a little isolated from my peers and it tends to be difficult to meet up with peers who are involved with these things (which is the majority of people). Often, I found that people forgot that there were even people who went there who didn't live on campus. Overall, my education was pretty good and the professors were amazing! There are some who aren't, but that's everywhere. Mostly the professors are always willing to help out with anything you need and many of them are incredibly passionate about what they're teaching. Commuter life on campus isn't great because there are no facilities for us and they tend to limit our parking if there are ever events on campus, and there isn't much parking to begin with. This school is in the middle of nowhere with very little off campus for enjoyment, so become friends with someone who has a car on campus. The school tries to provide transportation and events on campus to keep you busy though!

Andrea

Saint Francis is a very welcoming university. The professors are all very kind and they are always willing to assist you. The campus and small along with the dorms but the facilities are new and very nice. There is not much to do off campus but the university provides activity for the students nearly every evening.

Katrina

I love it here, I think it's a really great place for people to continue in their faith, while also receiving a higher education in something you are passionate about! There is plenty to do on campus and the dorms always have an activity for you to participate in and make new friends. I wouldn't wanna go anywhere else!

Lani

I absolutely love it here! Everything from the four seasons, the staff/professors, and the overall environment of the school. Everyone you meet here is so incredibly helpful and friendly- your first day on campus, you will feel welcomed! Over half of the students here are athletes and compete at a division 1 level, all sports are really supportive in coming to the games of other sports. My favorite part about SFU is by far the staff. Our professors and faculty are amazing- not to mention our class sizes are small allowing for individual attention during classes. Everyone at this school, whether they're a fellow student, faculty member, or the Dean of the school want you to succeed and will give you all the resources needed to make this happen.

Bailey

The dorm sizes are very small, but compared to other possible complaints about a college, it could be worse. The professors truly care about the students and put the time and effort in to push students while also helping them to succeed. Organizations exist on campus to host events on the weekends to provide students with an escape from homework for a few hours. The dining services try to provide a variety of food, but some days it is not the greatest. They serve grilled cheese every Friday all year, which gets tiring after a while. Overall, I love Saint Francis University and do not regret deciding to attend there.

Marrissa

My overall opinion of Saint Francis is that the school is not for everyone. Usually people either love it or hate it. The people you meet here however, will be your friends for life. As well, because the school is so small and placed in the middle of nowhere on a mountain everybody knows everbody's business. This is the main downside to this school however, I personally love it here and wouldn't trade my decision to go here for anything else.

Casey

Saint Francis University is a beautiful campus and a friendly network of students and professors. The campus is comfortable and relaxed, and it provides the perfect environment for education and learning. The classes are organized and challenging to put the student's mind to work.

Kingsley

I like to say if you go up into the mountains, then keep going up, you'll finally reach little ol' Saint Francis. Although I am not a fan of the cold, I learned to live in it. The people really make the place. Since it's a small university away from big cities, the students really have to get involved with each other. I made some really great friends there that I continue to communicate with and visit. I wouldn't change my experience at SFU for the world.

Kari

I love Saint Francis! This college has given me so many opportunities that I wouldn't have at other schools! I looked at many other schools, but Saint Francis just felt right. Everyone there is so kind and the professors genuinely want to see you succeed. I truly couldn't imagine myself going anywhere else.

Chelsea

I truly feel as if I have selected the perfect college to attend. Not only has Saint Francis University granted me the opportunity to grow as a person, I have been granted the most excellent education thus far. My professors are caring and extremely involved with our success and for that, I am grateful. I strongly recommend Saint Francis University to anyone interested in a successful college career.

mark

Saint Francis is an amazing college and i love attend. I just finished my freshman year and i can't wait to go back. The only thing that i don't like about Saint Francis is that the winters are cold but that's only one season so there's nothing really to worry about. Thanks, Mark Njenga

Abigail

Saint Francis University let me down in several aspects. This school steals money from you and it is very expensive. Students do not get what they pay for and it is a very disappointing situation. I am a sophomore and I will be transferring after this semester. I was tricked into the fact that they have several active clubs and ways to get involved. It is not easy to get involved on this campus AT ALL and I currently have a very weak resume. The research on campus is not as important as they make it seem as an admitted student. All of this being said, the biology program is excellent and the class size is small. Personally, this campus is not for me and I regret my decision of choosing a small, private school.

Waad

I love the school

Vanessa

I love Saint Francis. I have so many amazing people and have learned so much more about the world even though it is a small campus. Saint Francis has so many activities that its hard not to be involved. Sports and Greek life are huge on campus if your not apart of them you are not taking advantage of what the school has to offer.

Ryan

When I attended Saint Francis University I was thoroughly pleased. The student body are all kind and friendly. The professors are all very knowledgeable and willing to help you. The student/teacher ratios are low enough so as to not make you feel as if you might be just a number. The food was always fantastic, quite a variety. The cleanliness of campus, landscaping, and overall environment was superb and created a level of serenity. My only qualm with this institution was it's price for the value of experience. If I could go back to senior year in college I probably would have gone to a different college.

Alexis

Saint Francis University excels in academics and the warm college welcome. The campus is small, which is perfect for many students, including myself. The instructors are usually always available for questions students may have or help they may need.