Shasta College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Shasta College

Crystal

Good instructors and environment. My math teacher, Mr. Woodruff is my favorite teacher. I am not great at math, but he was patient and helped me to not only pass both of my algebra classes, but ace them. The campus is clean and has plenty of parking.

tessa

Shasta College is a great College if your trying to get your general education done. That way, when you decide on the type of College you are wanting to attend in like 2 years or so, you can be ready and take classes that meet the overall requirements to attend the College you are wanting to go too. Also, I really think students should focus more on school and not alcohol or drugs. It is a bothersome to me and to other students. The last class I was in, I was in a group and literally, we got nothing done and I put in all the work, and that was because they talked about their partying life and how they would rather drink than do their homework. The security is great but maybe have more security officers in parking lots because when you have a class at night, it would be nice to not have to worry about getting attacked or hurt by something or someone.

Ethan

I went there for my first 2 years of college and am transferring this fall semester to a university to finish my undergraduate degree. Shasta was a good experience, but if it was a four year school I don't think I would go there. It's a very affordable school that has solid classes, but it's not one you go to for community, friends or an overall memorable experience. It's for getting your classes done and only classes. If you plan to do four years, go here for the first two years to save thousands of dollars, then transfer. It's a good route to take, but don't stick there too long!

Fnu

A lot of facilities to excel even though its a community college. Professors and support staff are very helpful and information is readily available. Cafeteria si awesome and library facilities are great. Only disappointment as an international student is absence of even a minor scholarship facility for international students.

Christina

I believe that Shasta College gives great opportunities to working students, to the single parents by offering the early morning classes and also the night classes as well as their online courses which are very convenient. Shasta college counselors and their financial aid staff whom I have encountered are always so helpful which is a huge stress reliever.

Jordan

The school is no social at all. Finding a job is difficult, making any friends, it’s definitely for those who already live in the area. Housing is not nice or easy to find elsewhere. I wouldn’t recommend unless you’re strictly here to study or live here already. Academically I feel it’s pretty great, my teachers have provided me with everything I need and are always willing to help.

Denniel

They need more security, and cameras everywhere. I failed History and English because the teachers lied about being in their offices during office hours, and not once replied to any of my e-mails. I literally went to office hours as listed on our syllabus, and NOPE, no one was ever there.

Nick

I think Shasta college is great very nice lay out of campus helpful stuff. Shasta College is super cheap, and it's an excellent stepping stone from high school to college. Honestly, I'm very happy with it. The only thing that I would say that I wish was less expensive would be the dorms. But really, everything else is wonderful.

Christopher

I have been Shasta College for about three years now and I feel like it is an okay community college. I think the counselors sometimes don't know what they are talking about. They have ACE program for certain degrees that make your time at Shasta College a lot easier.

Brenna

Shasta College is a great college to start at if you aren't sure what you want to major in or if you want to start small then transfer into CSU or University. They have all sorts of helpful programs whether it's transfer help, academic help, financial aid, and learning centers for studying or help with classes. The campus is medium size in my opinion so it isn't hard to get to classes, which is nice. The teachers are very helpful and I don't ever have any problems with them which is great.

Isabelle

I've only attended Shasta College for one year, but so far I can say it is a pretty good school. The teachers I've had are easy to reach outside of class and ready to help when needed. Although there are the occasional teachers who aren't very helpful, but there are available resources that still make it possible to pass the classes. The campus is mostly safe and there have only been a couple of incidents that were properly taken care of. Overall, it isn't a bad school to attend.

Nesha

Shasta College is an amazing institution for students that are looking for an affordable junior college. The campus in itself is not historical or beautiful, but it serves its purpose. The professors are very good, and are always available for assistance. I have never had an instructor that I didn't like.

Diamond

Honestly the campus is beautiful has big shade trees, a small water feature, and art installations all over. The food they serve is surprisingly good and sometimes you can catch an extra delicious meal from the culinary arts classes. The only downside is parking can be a challenge especially in the morning. Also I'm not an athlete but it doesn't feel like there alot of people into school sports.

Shasta College has a lot going for a community college. Everyone is so sweet and extremely down to earth including some of the students. It is hard not to get involved in anything because there are thousands of things to do on and off campus such as clubs and many other activities! It is fun!

Sherry

Shasta College is a wonderful and safe campus. The staff at Shasta College work tireless hours helping students. They are dedicated and have ample opportunity for students to learn. As a student I have personal had help above and beyond the class. Teachers are always available to assist you.

Jayda

It is a pretty good school. All of my teachers have been great so far and most are flexible if you are unable to make it to office hours. There is supposed to be no smoking or drugs on campus but I see people vaping all the time. I wish they had more class options for general ed requirements. Parking is nice because I never have trouble finding a parking spot.

Patrick

Shasta College is a good school with hardworking, deeply committed faculty and staff. There is a consistent battle, however, with apathy amongst the student population. Because of where Shasta College is located, many of the students are enrolled to either transfer out or receive a certificate for their jobs. Yet, despite this reality, I have met some wonderful professors who teach here because they believe they are making a difference. They fight for their students, inspire them to engage, and believe that education is the door to opportunity. It is an affordable community college, and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a stepping stone before transferring to a university. Overall, my three years at Shasta College was an enriching experience.

Janese

I do think that Shasta College is a good school. Over the years Shasta College has been trying to listen to the students who are enrolled, the school does everything in its power to make individuals feel welcomed and comfortable. I can't say that I've had a bad experience with any of the faculty or staff at Shasta College. The people who work here are always open about resources and office hours, they never try and deter students from seeking help. This campus has just instilled a two-free year tuition for first time students, and that's extremely beneficial towards anyone and everyone who's considering college. I like the campus as well. Shasta college is in an open space, and it's pretty secluded, so not many stragglers can just come on campus, unless some type of transportation was used. This school is all about succeeding, and they push that all over campus whether it's through flyers or coming out of an instructor's mouth, Shasta College only wants its students to succeed. The college is concerned about the safety and well being of its students as well. Campus security is always here to assist, and will walk with students to their classes, or drive them out to their car if need be. The campus wants everyone to feel like belong, so they try to be as accommodating as possible. This college also has access to a counselor if students need to speak with someone confidential. The college has medicine that students can take for free, the college has all these free resources for students so that college is bearable and easygoing for the time allotted when being here. I don't have much to complain about. This is also one of the few community colleges that has on campus living. The dorms are adequate, they're cozy, and if you and a friend get accepted to the dorms you can request them as a roommate! I may be biased because I love this campus so much, but there's so much to love about Shasta College.

Jackson

Shasta College is a very excellent junior college. The campus and people around are really involved in making sure that the students are set up for success. I believe that Shasta College is a really good bridge school. It allows you to get your feet wet in the college scene instead of just jumping into a four year college right out of high school. The classes are also very good at preparing you for what to expect at the four year scene. Shasta College is worth every penny.

Shiloh

Shasta College is very close to homes as well as minutes away from town where you can buy whatever you need. I think Shasta College is a great opportunity for those in the Redding area to get an associates degree and not have to commute. Every professor I had genuinely cared about their students and would offer help or intelligent conversation outside of class. Many of students are interested in learning and want to be in school. I think Shasta College is best suited for incoming freshman who are planning on transferring to a four-year university. They offer a multitude of general education classes that educate one at the level of a university for only a fraction of the cost. If you are planning to transfer, and want to save thousands of dollars, then this is the community college for you.

Giovanna

Shasta College gave me a good college experience and has prepared me for university. There are many good classes to take and most of the professors are available to help students succeed. I got to meet a variety of different people like moms, dads, nurses and even college graduates looking to find more opportunities in life. I believe Shasta College offers a great variety of classes, but not so much clubs. I do recommend Shasta College for students older or younger for a way for them to find their passion and open up more opportunities in their life.

Lilli

I think it's a wonderful junior college, especially if you live in nearby cities or towns. I took a few classes here while I was in high school and everyone was so accepting and kind, the school as a whole really made me feel welcomed and loved. Wouldn't mind going back to take more classes!

Felicia

I think Shasta college is a good college for beginners. If offers many programs and opportunities for a variety of majors. I have always felt safe on campus. The teachers tend to be encouraging of kind, I have had quite a few that have been very nice and extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the subjects.

Madison

Overall, it is a great school. I believe that I have learned more at this college than any other academic setting in my life. The teachers push to, but never more than you can handle. In addition, the food is not too bad; they make a Cobb salad to die for! Before the shelter in place, massage students used to come to the campus and give 10 minute stress relieve back rubs too. I have enjoyed my time at this school.

Kailee

Shasta college is a small community college with decent class sizes, and is perfect for part time students who have a life outside of school. If you are looking for schooling specific to you're goals and majors then Shasta College is perfect for you.

DOMINIC

I love Shasta College I have been going on and off since 2010, they are adding on a new 7300 building this spring and I'm excited to say we will no longer need to drive to the Redding campus everything and more will be offered at the Tehama campus, Yay.