Rocklin, CA
Sierra College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sierra College

Alex

Sierra College is unique in it's mentality. I can count on all my professors to expect great work. When you are on campus you can feel that everyone has the same purpose: to do well. Most of the professors I've had know how to get you performing at your best and it is an incredibly rewarding feeling. You know that you have to work for your grades at Sierra College; but you also know you can do it every step of the way.

If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior there are several things I would tell myself. The key to succeeding in college is three-fold: 1) always follow your dream, 2) never stop pushing yourself, and 3) relax. It is important to remember that these are the years that will define who you will be for the rest of your life. If you are worried now about what people will say or how you will be looked at you are handicapping yourself. The great people in history had dreams, and they were laughed at; what made them great, is they didn't care. Secondly, you are always capable of more things than you think you are. If you stop pushing you will never really find out how far you can go in life. Finally, whether you thrive under pressure or crack under pressure, if you don't find a way to relax while in college you will burn out. Always appropriate your time between the things you need to do and the things you want to do so that you never get too overwhelmed and you remain happy to be there.

The best things about attending Sierra College is you get a University education for a fraction of the cost. If you seek the right help, there is always someone to help you get as much done as possible before transferring to a 4-year. I am also proud to be a Wolverine because we are the number one community college in california (number three in the country) with successful transfer students. Finally, you get a feel for what "college-life" is like a little more slowly. Without the HUGE culture shock right away, you are more likely to succeed.

Ryan

Dear Ryan, As you get ready to graduate, I have a few words of advice. First, apply early to both Texas A&M and OU. If you apply to A&M too late, despite your SAT and academic standing, they will not accept you. Choose wisely between the two schools. A&M has the Corps of Cadets and the tools to help you study. OU is a great school, too, but you will have to be self-motivated. Don't treat college like high school, or else you will find yourself failing miserably and end up back home at a junior college. Also, major in what YOU want, not what you think the Navy wants. Astrophysics may sound awesome, but face it: you are not a scientist. Stick to General Weber's advice and major in Business Administration like you want. After all, the Navy just wants to see any baccalaureate degree for a commission, they aren't terribly picky about the field of study--especially since you don't want to enter a high-scientific field. Finally, apply for student loans EARLY. It is a pain in the neck when you put it off too long. Sincerely, Future Ryan

The best thing about Sierra College is it's affordability and convenience factor. My entire tuition and fees for the spring semester as a full-time student is $360. It is also just 6 miles from my house. I am able to leave my house on my motorcycle 25 minutes before class, and still arrive before class starts. Because of the short commute, I am able to have more hours of availability for my job.

Somebody that wants the true college experience, such as dorm life. Sierra is great for getting your general education completed at a fraction of a fraction of the cost of a university. The trade-off, however, is that most students will still be residing at home, and college will feel like High School: Part Two. Those that want to have crazy college stories or are not on a tight budget are better off going to a University.

Matthew

I would tell my high-school-senior-self to go away to school rather than stay local. Living in the dorms and experiencing dorm-life is something I feel that I truly missed out on. I feel like having a roommate and having to adapt to living with someone is a vital experience that new college students should seek. I lived at home for my first two years of college and I know that I would have met so many more people had I gone away and lived in a dorm. Granted, I saved a lot of money by living at home. However, the life experiences gained from experiencing living with other students and meeting new people far outweighs the extra costs necessary in order to live on campus. The advice I would give my past self and any other high school senior would be to go away and gain important life experiences which can be done by living in a dorm.

Nicolette

After some reflection I would advise myself that I should experment more with the classes provided for me at my high school in order to find my passion, if I had the opportunity to go back in time and guide myself. College is expensive and the price for books and materials almost seems exorbitant. To be undecided and in a experimental mood as a college student is borderline wasteful. Following a plan and experimenting with classes that are linked with a desired field can save a student's time, money, and wasted emotion. Plus, switching a major from undecided to something definite can mismanage the student's process to success. Being unclear about the future is very costly. I wish I would have known that and experimented in high school.

I wish I would have known how valuable volunteer work is considered overall. Being a volunteer worker gives learners important and usually an unforgettable experience and establishes a well defined character to people that will be judging job hunters. If I had done more volunteer work I strongly believe that I would have easier access to my prospective career and people would believe me to have merit in my character. It is also just a wonderful way to oblige your civic duty. In my high school I mainly involved myself with academic work and focused less on bettering myself.

Chassity

My classmates are very young and impressionable without a true realization of life outside of college.

Sierra College is well known for the international student program they have allowing students from other countried to come, learn, and earn educations.

If I had the oppertunity to go back in time I would sit down and have a serious talk with myself rearding my future and what life on my own is like. I would make sure I focused on my school and career goals and to make sure I didnt get sucked in with the money I was able to make without a education becuase that money doesnt last and as the economy changes I would need an education. I would also tell myself not to get sucked in to relationships and people that did not support my desire to go to school and earn the degree I always wanted. I would tell myself to wake up and go to school regardless of how I felt and make sure to treat school like a career and a full time job versus being a waste of time. I would tell myself to imagine being 28 with a job I hate attemping to go back to school to earn a degree... I would tell myself to invision the future I want not the futue that I regretted.

Philip

I would have to say that the deciding factor was cost of attendance. What with the price of tuition and books on the rise, it made sense to go to a school reputable for its lower prices. In addition to this, Sierra College in particular is well renowned as an excellent community college, and offers a guaranteed transfer program if certain requirements are met.

The first thing I would say to myself would have to be, "Make sure you get involved in extracurricular activities." The reason being that, while I attended school in Hawai'i, I was a little intimidated and nervous, so I did not become involved in much more than my academics. This turned out to be a mistake. I became dissatisfied, irritable, and slightly depressed as a result of limited human contact, and my academics suffered accordingly. Upon returning to California, I immideately began contacting people and participating in activities, and I have found that this makes me more relaxed, in better shape (both physically and mentally), and an overall happier individual. As a result, my capacity for learning has increased tenfold, and my academic prowess has increased greatly; even advancing to a point in which I was able to achieve the President's List Award for this last semester. I would also inform myself of what learning techniques work best for me, as I had to learn them throughout my first year, and I could have saved myself much hastle if I had known what works best for me beforehand.

Anyone can attend this school, and I would definitely recommend it. Nothing prepares one for the future better than higher education. Anyone interested in continuing on to college, anyone who is unsure of whether or not they wish to attend college, and anyone who is unsure of what they wish to focus on in their educational career should attend this school.

Chelsea

I would tell myself to reavaluate my personal relationships and my reasoning for wanting to attend college. Also, to rethink the major I think I am wanting to persue and the one I really want to persue, but am afraid to do so. I would also tell myself to organize my finances better and to be a little bit more responsible in that area. Most of all, please don't give up on your dreams, because anything is possible!

I don't believe I think there is anything too dreadfully wrong with my school. It fits me perfectly, being that it is online and that I take my classes in quarters instead of semesters. I love it!

Well, the only frustration I have run into so far, is with my current drawing class. Some of the concepts I am being taught are a bit hard to grasp, being an online student.

Tyler

My classmates are all different in there ethnicity, ideas, and philosophy which in turn creates our conversations exciteing yet contiverial for the most part fun.

If I could talk to my self back in time as a senior I would tell myself that my goals and dreams are only limited to my determination and self motivation and confidence in myself. I would tell myself to forget about being lazy and putting things of, to work hard and to fulfill my dreams and aspirations. I would also tell myself that even though the process will be hard the reward will be worth the effort.

I think that the campus just looks nicer and has a better layout than the other junior colleges. The teachers are great and so are the other students.

Don't give up! Your job is not that hard, you can go to school full time. School is more important. You know you have a dream so go get it and don't let anything stop you. Also remember to sell back your books durring finals week to get back the most money and the earlier you go the better your parking space will be.

I actually did a lot of research about the schools before I chose this one, so I guess I wish I had know what I wanted to do so that I could have had the motivation that I have now.

Sierra College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.