Rocklin, CA
Sierra College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sierra College

Chassity

My classmates are very young and impressionable without a true realization of life outside of college.

Sierra College is well known for the international student program they have allowing students from other countried to come, learn, and earn educations.

If I had the oppertunity to go back in time I would sit down and have a serious talk with myself rearding my future and what life on my own is like. I would make sure I focused on my school and career goals and to make sure I didnt get sucked in with the money I was able to make without a education becuase that money doesnt last and as the economy changes I would need an education. I would also tell myself not to get sucked in to relationships and people that did not support my desire to go to school and earn the degree I always wanted. I would tell myself to wake up and go to school regardless of how I felt and make sure to treat school like a career and a full time job versus being a waste of time. I would tell myself to imagine being 28 with a job I hate attemping to go back to school to earn a degree... I would tell myself to invision the future I want not the futue that I regretted.

Philip

I would have to say that the deciding factor was cost of attendance. What with the price of tuition and books on the rise, it made sense to go to a school reputable for its lower prices. In addition to this, Sierra College in particular is well renowned as an excellent community college, and offers a guaranteed transfer program if certain requirements are met.

The first thing I would say to myself would have to be, "Make sure you get involved in extracurricular activities." The reason being that, while I attended school in Hawai'i, I was a little intimidated and nervous, so I did not become involved in much more than my academics. This turned out to be a mistake. I became dissatisfied, irritable, and slightly depressed as a result of limited human contact, and my academics suffered accordingly. Upon returning to California, I immideately began contacting people and participating in activities, and I have found that this makes me more relaxed, in better shape (both physically and mentally), and an overall happier individual. As a result, my capacity for learning has increased tenfold, and my academic prowess has increased greatly; even advancing to a point in which I was able to achieve the President's List Award for this last semester. I would also inform myself of what learning techniques work best for me, as I had to learn them throughout my first year, and I could have saved myself much hastle if I had known what works best for me beforehand.

Anyone can attend this school, and I would definitely recommend it. Nothing prepares one for the future better than higher education. Anyone interested in continuing on to college, anyone who is unsure of whether or not they wish to attend college, and anyone who is unsure of what they wish to focus on in their educational career should attend this school.

Chelsea

I would tell myself to reavaluate my personal relationships and my reasoning for wanting to attend college. Also, to rethink the major I think I am wanting to persue and the one I really want to persue, but am afraid to do so. I would also tell myself to organize my finances better and to be a little bit more responsible in that area. Most of all, please don't give up on your dreams, because anything is possible!

I don't believe I think there is anything too dreadfully wrong with my school. It fits me perfectly, being that it is online and that I take my classes in quarters instead of semesters. I love it!

Well, the only frustration I have run into so far, is with my current drawing class. Some of the concepts I am being taught are a bit hard to grasp, being an online student.

Tyler

My classmates are all different in there ethnicity, ideas, and philosophy which in turn creates our conversations exciteing yet contiverial for the most part fun.

If I could talk to my self back in time as a senior I would tell myself that my goals and dreams are only limited to my determination and self motivation and confidence in myself. I would tell myself to forget about being lazy and putting things of, to work hard and to fulfill my dreams and aspirations. I would also tell myself that even though the process will be hard the reward will be worth the effort.

I think that the campus just looks nicer and has a better layout than the other junior colleges. The teachers are great and so are the other students.

Don't give up! Your job is not that hard, you can go to school full time. School is more important. You know you have a dream so go get it and don't let anything stop you. Also remember to sell back your books durring finals week to get back the most money and the earlier you go the better your parking space will be.

I actually did a lot of research about the schools before I chose this one, so I guess I wish I had know what I wanted to do so that I could have had the motivation that I have now.

Daniel

Sierra College is an affordable school that saves you tens of thousands of dollars while providing you with an intamite high quality education,

Assuming I could go back in time, I would tell myself that friends and family are the things that will get you through life. I would tell myself to: Apologize to those I have hurt, and learn to forgive those who have hurt me. Realize all my potential, and teach others to do the same. Endure all of life?s tests, and achieve all life?s goals. Protect the ones I love, and learn to love the rest.

The best thing about Sierra College is the helpful staff and hard working student body.

Jenipher

A want to be out-going, and busy school with not enough teachers or classes.

A want to be out-going, and busy school with not enough teachers or classes.

My classmates are: young ambitous people, older people escaping free time, and people wishing for advancement.

I would go back and tell myself to not slack off on the classes that might seem difficult. Time is limited and take advantage of the rescources left at school. Also just focus on school and avoid intimate relationships till after I earned a degree. I also would give myself the advice to take advantage of the tutoring center anytime I felt I could not handle a class. The classes that are offered at Sierra college are great but I would tell myself to try out other colleges to prusue a better selection of classes. I would also tell myself to save some money because the economy is making things at the school more expensive(such as books) with each progressing year. Just to make things reasonable I would tell myself school is nothing more than an advanced high school where I make the right and wrong choices; and the teachers are not the ones to depend on to learn. For telling myself something worthy I would say I need to look to myself for making the right choices for my future, and not wait for my future to make my choices for me.

Thaddius

Sierra College is ill equiped to teach and prepare young adults for the demands of society.

If I could travel in time to advise myself on the transition to college life I would tell myself, "LIVE UP TO YOUR POTENTIAL WHILE STILL IN HIGHSCHOOL! Too many college students, including your current friends, will waste their time trying to find themselves and discover their interests in the first few years of college rather than hitting the ground running. During their many years of self-discovery they will neglect studies, party, chase girls, and generally waste time that they could have spent studying, travelling, and on worth-while hobbies. If you, Thad, learn to use your time wisely and study hard now you will go into your freshman year of college with an advantage over most other students. To help you understand how many opportunities you have in this country you need to travel. Go to El Salvador and Mexico, see how those people live and how few their open doors are. Go to Europe and open your mind to the great acheivements of men before you, men who lived up to their potential. Take pictures and keep a journal so that you can remember why it is you want to succeed."

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of proffesionalism demonstrated by the staff. Many, if not most, of the professors and staff spend a large amount of class time expressing their personal views on a wide range of topics that are unrelated to the subject matter described in the course syllabus. Many times they try and force their views on the students, and if you do not agree you are belittled in front of your peers. I would prefer the professors to keep to the material described the the course guide.

Kevin

Every single classmate I have come across has been extremely eager to learn and discover new ideas from their classes.

If I could go back to my final year in high school I would tell myself many things. Mostly would be to get a job and save up for classes and books. Also, would be to make sure you are prepared when leaving high school for college by studying and knowing the material before you leave ANY class.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend Sierra College would be the one who wouldn't want to learn because Sierra College is a gateway into a 4-year university without all the pressures and worries of moving away and taking out loans.

Kalani

Sierra Collage is clean, Helpful, and educational.

Sierra Collage is clean, Helpful, and educational.

I would tell myself to listen more to my elders because I realize they know more than I have given my parents, and relatives? credit. Our elders have more wisdom than I had given them credit. If I would have listened I would have not made so many mistakes. They are not old and no nothing. Our elders deserve respect and that is what I do now. I listen more and do less talking. I would tell myself that iI do not know everything. I still don't at the age of nineteen. I am growing still. I thank my parents for putting up with me when I was in High school.

The best thing about the school is how organize the scholl is for the new students.

Sierra College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.