Sierra College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Sierra College

Courtney

Sierra College is a great school. They always have people there to help you in whatever department is needed. everyone is friendly. well laid out, never too far of a walk from your car to class. not a bunch of people roaming or on campus. all the professors are nice and willing to help if you ask

Marialana

I think the school is fantastic as far as academics. The teachers are very helpful and interested in making their students successful. However, because there is not much in the way of on campus housing, it is hard to meet people. Most people show up, go to class, then go home. No one wants to stay and socialize. The councilors are not very helpful either. They always try to get students to take less units than they should. I love the school but there are a few things that need to be fixed.

zhanna

Sierra College has a cozy atmosphere and some great teachers. The campus is large enough but not extremely big. It can take ten minutes to get from one end of the campus to the other by simply walking. The buildings are located conveniently. Parking space is alright but can get overcrowded on early mornings on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Teachers are great and some even love their jobs.

Cadence

Its a community college, so you can get easy credits for cheap, or a degree, but not a college to stay in for a long time, get in and get out. Sports are not emphasized or any other extracurricular. But there is three separate campuses to choose from; Rocklin, Nevada City, and Truckee, with some dorms on the Rocklin campus.

Brianna

Sierra College is an incredible place to learn. I was fond of almost every professor I had and had very good experiences in all of my classes. They really strive to educate students, versus just shoving information into you and expecting homework in return for grades. I enjoyed my time there and hope that it continues to maintain its high standards of education.

Carter

The teachers that I have had have all bee incredible. As long as you use ratemyprofessor you will have a great experience! There are some of the best teachers I have ever had and the good ones will help you with academics and anything else you may need. The class sizes are all pretty small so it is easy to ask questions in class, so the teachers seem genuinely concerned about their students well being!

Callia

I think it’s a great college to start out at as a freshman, and all new to college! Its not to big so it’s easy to get around, and get used to things and not get to overwhelmed. The campus is pretty, and has a very comfortable feel to it, and the people and professors are very nice and easy to talk to. Over all I think it’s a great college to start out at and save money!

I transferred here from a big four year and I love it here. The class sizes are small and the people are very nice. Teachers actually care about you and you are not looked at as just another number like bigger universities. I wish I would have started out here, but I am glad I found this tiny gem. Large variety of class.

Sierra college is what you make of it. There are some people who attend and are very driven to succeeded, but not everyone has the same mindset. It is hard to make friends because everyone keeps to themselves or sticks to their friend group from high school, so be prepared for that.

Nkiruka

Sierra College is not particularly a dream school, but it is defintely a great aid in the journey of success if you fully utilize the opportunites presented. It is limited in some ways because it is a community college, but that does not mean that all the professors will be more relaxed. A lot of people still recognize Sierra as a higher level institution which helps you to remember that it is one. It has a great library, writing and tutoring center for the student's disposal. Overall, it is a good stepping stone and you can have your own sucess story if you choose. My sister went to Sierra College for two years in hopes of transferring to a four year university at the end of her sophomore year which is what a lot of people plan to do. At the end of her two years she got accepted into UCLA and is cuurently a student there. Just keep your goals in mind and access the many resources on the campus. At first, it does not seem like there is much, but I encourage you to get to know Sierra and all it has to offer while you are there becase you never know what opportunities it could bring you.

Nadine

Sierra college is a great campus. They provide many options for growth in students. It is great for starting as a freshmen. The teachers are very u derstanding and are glad to help. Everyone at the campus is ready to graduate and teanafer to a four year or university or even go right into their career.

Armando

What is there to say about Sierra College? First of all, it's important to clear the elephant out of the room, the majority of students there want to graduate and transfer over to the 4-year universities. Because of this, I feel that there is not a strong community whether in sports or clubs. Besides that, I do enjoy the professors that I've gotten so far, they really are passionate about what they teach.

Justine

It is a really good school. There is all these available areas that can help you succeed such as the math center or writing center. The teachers all have reasonable office hours. Everyone is so nice and there are so many different clubs and groups to join. Very diverse and the sports are very well supported by many. Very good school. Really happy I am attending.

Overall, Sierra College is an amazing school for those looking for a more affordable education. The campus is extremely safe and the small class sizes provide for better educational connections between students and professors. Plus the campus is surrounded by an array of restaurants and fast food options if the cafeteria isn't for you. The schools offers many tools to succeed such as free tutoring in person or online, private study rooms, computer lab and much more. I would highly recommend Sierra College to anyone looking for a cheaper route when obtaining their degree.

Caitlyn

Sierra College is one of the top community colleges in California- and offers a wide variety of classes and activities that create a great college atmosphere! The students are nice, the faculty is very accessible, and the academics can be challenging or easy depending on what you want to prepare yourself for in the future!

Laura

Sierra College is a friendly, productive college environment. The people at Sierra are highly convivial and the atmosphere is pleasant and easygoing. The curriculum is large and varied, and the campus has many resources available for students who need help and guidance.

Alejandra

I love the campus and the teachers I have had! The tutoring center is always a big help. There's plenty of clubs to go around. I always feel safe on campus, there are always police and security guards nearby. The science classes are on the impacted side but once you get in the classes and labs are great!

Sujeet Singh

It is a great college to start with right after high school. I feel like it completely prepares you for your better future. Big and great instructor to student ratio, great counseling services as well as amazing library and large campus are are the highlights of this place. If you do not like the food on campus, in less than 5 minutes you have access to great fast foods and restaurants like Panda express, Chipotle, Noodles.co, Jimboys tacos etc

My experience at Sierra College was a mix of good and bad. I have wonderful and easily accessible professors that I could ask questions and receive timely feedback. I have had terrible professors who couldn't describe the course material very well or were impossible to get ahold of. I would advise a future student to take advantage of the free tutors, the group events, and sporting events as well.

Mari

I attended two semesters at Sierra and I can honestly say it's a great school. As a freshman, I was worried about keeping up with the classes and taking on extra responsibility but I learned quickly how to balance everything. The overall atmosphere of the campus is very welcoming and there is always someone available to help you. Most teachers want to see you succeed and are easy to get ahold of. Overall, a great school with a great learning environment.

Tatiyana

I think Sierra is a good school with great professors! For starters, I like how accessible everything is. I like how everyone is a email or visit away. I like the class sizes and how the school gives off the vibe of independence and permits us to grow into our selves.

I am currently attending sierra college in Truckee. Sierra college actually branches out to 3 other colleges but the main one is in Rocklin CA. I really enjoy sierra college and what it has to offer. In Truckee, the classes are relatively small so it is much easier to communicate with your teacher rather than a large university. There is a strong connection of trust and friendship with the staff and the students. I would highly recommend sierra college if you are looking for a community college.

Manjoyt

Sierra College was a fantastic stepping stone for me as a high school graduate and it has prepared me well for what is to come now that I have been accepted to Chamberlain University. Sierra College provides a diverse array of classes and associates degrees and is a great place to start before transferring to a 4 year school.

It is a great school with great people that are always around you. The sports teams are all amazing every year all of the teams go to playoffs. The women's basketball team won the big 8 .championship and made it all the way to the final 4 showdown in post season and had a record on 30-2

Savannah

Sierra College is a great first start for students because it not only is the best financial option compared to a university, but it also gives students a taste of what to expect from college, professors, and the environment in general. Sierra College does a great job at preparing its students for the world off campus.

Nick

Sierra College is a wonderful place to go to if you intend to transfer to a 4-year university or desire some sort of professional license. The professors can be hit or miss; but if you're smart about ratemyprofessor, then you can be successful. The campus favors diversity (even though it's not very diverse itself but it's Rocklin)... Overall a great campus. I'm glad that I went here.

Matthew

Sierra College is a good community college to go to if you are looking to save some money, particularly if it means you don't have to move for another year or two. It provides sufficient selection of classes, though sometimes not at the campus you would desire. I've had good experiences with my teachers, who all seem to be doing something they love.

Tarryn

I believe that Sierra College is the best choice around as far as community colleges go. Professors are generally nice, they mostly know and care about what they're teaching, and it's a great place to start your educational journey if you're not sure what direction you're going in.

Madisyn

I love Sierra! Sierra is so much fun and the teachers are always there to help you, if you are in need of help the tutor center is the best place to go! The resources are great. If you want to go to a Junior College and you are in this area, Sierra is the place to be!

Callia

For my first time in college I think it’s great. I think it’s great because it’s not to big and helps me get ready for a bigger university. I don’t feel to overwhelm there, and the people are nice. So over all I think it’s a great place to start out at!

Alex

Sierra College has so far provided me with the best materials and community to help me succeed with my studies. Sierra College helps me feel safe and comfortable so therefore I am very satisfied with what they have to offer. One thing I am sure to take away from Sierra are the experiences with all the teachers and friends who I have met.

Delaney

It is a great school. However, I do not care for the majority of the students there. They are stuck up and only follow trends.

Jesse

For a community college, Sierra College is great. I work part-time and I can schedule my classes so that I can continue to do so. It is close to where i live and the pricing is good. It is a great place for s student to get the basics before entering a four year school.

Naeirika

It's a great campus and the faculty, in my opinion, are the best part. They are genuine and really care about the class and the students. There are loads of opportunities to get involved and participate. Some counselors are great, but some of them don't do much. You have to find a good one and request to see that person.

Elliot

It’s a good community college that I would recommend to anyone. It’s safe and full of nice greenery. It’s got a really calm campus setting to it. I enjoy just walking through the campus. The dorms look alright but I personally have never lived in one.

Aesara

Sierra College is a great place to get lower level and prerequisites completed prior to transferring to a university or State college while working . It is affordable and convenient to attend. They offer 24 hour tutoring for their students.

Nancy

Sierra College Is a phenomenal College! The campus is beautiful and scenic, they have a wide selection of majors, and to top that off, that counselors are absolutely amazing and helpful!! The classes are easy to get in, as long as you don't wait to the last minute to apply. The professors are extremely knowledgeable and care so much about the students to succeed!

Royan

Sierra college is a school that I would recommend to anyone trying to gain an affordable, quality education. I found the large majority of my teachers to be kind, knowledgeable, personable, and willing to go out of their way to ensure my success as well as the success of other students. In addition, I found Sierra College to have a diverse student body with well run programs to support many interests and demographic. A few examples I encountered were Bible study groups, a Pride room, and fantastic tutoring. The teachers, programs, and students are just a few of the reasons that I love and recommend Sierra college.

ERIC

Sierra college is preparing me and challenging me to get ready for my major. It is a nice school that has a great math department and the professors push me to try harder and fix my mistakes. I enjoy the campus as it has a small community where it gives you the chance to meet a lot of people.

I’ve greatly enjoyed my time at Sierra, which features a supportive, open-minded campus with free tutoring, counseling, and cheap, healthy food and drink. I have not experienced the on-campus housing, but I have heard of pleasant experiences. My professors are engaging and good at their jobs, and often have encouraged their students to go above the course curriculum for extra learning opportunities. Sierra is a wonderful community college and I completely understand why it is one of the, if not the, highest rated community colleges in California.

Jasmine

Sierra College has been a great place for me to learn and create safe bonds with the people around me. They offer many clubs that help get every student involved; for examples, I am apart of the Gender Sexuality Club. Though the school has its flaws, it is a generally amazing school.

cecilia

It is a wonderful school, students help and support one another. Everyone has a goal they are trying to reach and there is always a helping hand. The professors are involved in the success of their students, students always feel cared about. I have been lucky to spend two years at Sierra college. The only area for improvement would be counseling. They rarely have enough time to meet with students and the appointments are usually taken.

Jeremy

For a community college, it is great. Being compared to University, I would say it is like a small/medium size public liberal arts school. It is nothing to rave about like a lot of colleges, but I enjoy going here. I came from a small town and went to school with under 700 kids so it was nice to go from that to a campus with thousands of people from different backgrounds and race. While it is mostly white, you will get a taste of diversity at least a tiny bit in each of your classes. The professors are all completely different which is really nice because I like change. There are no hateful groups who come to campus like at other big universities, but there are bible study groups and military recruiters who come to campus. There are other groups too, but it is mainly those two groups. The resources for academics has been good, but not nearly as good as a large University. A big advantage Sierra has over other large University is how small the classroom size is. Usually you have to be in either the Honors program or have finished your GED requirements to get a smaller classroom size as a lot of Universities have a classroom size of over 100. I do not think Sierra has a class size of over 45. Another advantage Sierra has is the tuition cost. Since Sierra is a JC, it is automatically cheaper than almost any University in the country. I recommend this school to anyone, but more specifically people who cannot afford 4 years of college, undecided on their major, want to attend a better University than they could have gone to straight out of high school, only want to only earn an associates degree, or want to become a firefighter, emt, etc.

Veranika

Its a great community college in the Sacramento Area and I am grateful to have the opportunity to begin my college education here. Especially in comparison to other local community colleges, Sierra definitely stands out! Professors are caring, professional, and quite educated.

Alicia

Sierra College is a decent school considering it is not very expensive, you receive the degree you are looking for, and it’s the only college in the area however the campus can feel unsafe at times and some of the teachers do not appear to care about the wellbeing of their students.